Status
Not open for further replies.
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Why tf is everyone being an asshole to op? I don't get how this post is bad in any way.
So because a few people haven't fallen in line and come out with the 'correct' empathetic responses, but have questioned some of the motives for making the thread, then that = 'everyone being an asshole to the op'?

Reactions: BitterlyAlive, icanhasnick and muffin222
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I am truly sorry for all that you've been through. I hope things get better for you. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: MartyByrde, Brick In The Wall and Spitfire
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
Why tf is everyone being an asshole to op? I don't get how this post is bad in any way.

No one is being an asshole to the op. People are just getting tired of seeing these same threads. This is probably the 5th thread I have seen in the last 30 days that have followed the same formula:

- I have taken a small amount of SN
- I got sick and now I am in the hospital
- Cue the "I am sorry this happened to you" post

This is happening with such frequency, they appear to be copy cat threads.

• Love
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, puppy9, icanhasnick and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

And here I thought I was just going to be called a jerk. You made me cry my ugly cry face.

I can't speak for the other few people in the Everyone Club, but it was offensive to me, and therefore "bad," because of the clickbait title, flashing self-harm like giving a step-by-step account of cutting, bleeding, and getting treatment, and then saying that giving the account was to benefit others.

I give a lot of compassion on the forum every day, but this was like a robbery of the First SS Bank of Compassion when so many have hopes invested in SN. That's how I experienced the post. If saying so is the act of an asshole, I expect when I shower tonight that the water that goes down the drain will be brown. If that happens, I will report it for the good of the community.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, allTheDevilsAreHere, BitterlyAlive and 2 others
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
So because a few people haven't fallen in line and come out with the 'correct' empathetic responses, but have questioned some of the motives for making the thread, then that = 'everyone being an asshole to the op'?

I guess I shouldn't have said "asshole". I don't know, OP is obviously depressed and suicidal, and I don't know how any of this "negativity" helps anyone.
I'm sorry if anyone feels targeted. I didn't mean that godammit.

I deleted my original comment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thethatsitboy, fat feet, Spitfire and 1 other person
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Lol at this point I just want OP to clarify wtf they were trying to do here. They said they wanted to suffer in the first paragraph.

Reactions: thethatsitboy, icanhasnick, AlreadyGone and 1 other person
bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
If someone gets discouraged by what is clear misinformation they didn't do the proper research and weren't ready to act in the first place.
I didn't say shit about your preparedness.
What is preparedness if not "proper research" + "ready to act" ?

Reactions: Meditation guide
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
Another one of these threads? If anything, thanks to the OP for letting others know what not to do, alongside reinforcing the lethality of SN when user error/misuse doesn't occur.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denise2207, BitterlyAlive, icanhasnick and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I don't know how any of this "negativity" helps anyone.

Gah, that takes me back to victim blaming for daring to speak up about negative, harmful behavior!

I don't see how the OP helped anyone, either. Sheesh!

Reactions: mem12 and icanhasnick
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm sorry for the op's bad experience and I do empathize with their depression and feelings of hopelessness.

But this whole thread is just another example of how the 'I took a bit of sn, didn't really follow protocol, acted spontaneously' new SN template post only sows seeds of discord and does nothing to help anyone.

Reactions: Denise2207, BitterlyAlive, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
What is preparedness if not "proper research" + "ready to act" ?
You are quoting messages that weren't even to you in the first place. I just said those who know what they are doing wouldn't be discouraged by someone who failed by doing it the wrong way. I don't get what is making you so defensive about it.

Last edited:
bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
You are quoting messages that weren't even to you in the first place. I just said those who know what they are doing wouldn't be discouraged by someone who failed by doing it the wrong way. I don't get what is making you so defensive about it.
I apologize. Guess I'm projecting. Trying to defy SI. Looking for a dare. I can't turn down a dare.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: thethatsitboy and Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I apologize. Guess I'm projecting. Trying to defy SI. Looking for a dare. I can't turn down a dare.
It's fine, I couldn't possibly understand how you are feeling right now. I hope you find the peace you wish for.

Reactions: bravotess
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Wow, well, this thread sure took off.

Being new here.. this is the first of these types of threads, that I have seen. I am trying to see it from all angles. I am ready to hear back from the original poster now.

How interesting it was.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Reactions: Mm80
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Wow, well, this thread sure took off.

Being new here.. this is the first of these types of threads, that I have seen. I am trying to see it from all angles. I am ready to hear back from the original poster now.

How interesting it was.
I wouldn't post back in this shit show if I were him.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Meditation guide, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with OP's post at all, they were just sharing their experience, which is perfectly reasonable and there are people such as myself who are interested to hear about failed attempts, there is much that may be learned.

I don't sense that OP was intending to exacerbate fears, personally. OP may be lying, but you could say that about literally any other post, you either take them at their word or you don't, there's an element of faith to all of this.

I understand that some people don't like to hear about failed attempts, as it heightens their fears and maybe erodes their faith in the method. But those are your personal feelings, and you should remember that the SN method, when carefully and properly executed, is tried and true.

As for frustrations with OP's desire to "suffer but not die", please remember that emotions and feelings are extremely complex, and they don't lend themselves to logic at all. None of us behave perfectly logically all the time, and just because we can't understand OP's motivations doesn't mean that they weren't genuinely felt.

It's not all going to be success stories, some of us are going to fail, because life is extremely complicated, and we are very error-prone creatures. I think that we should try to be sympathetic.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Sbinalla, aligatorek and 7 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
But the op started it, therefore bears some responsibility.
Part of empathy is seeing all sides of the story. Let's play devils advocate for a moment and assume he didn't have bad Intentions, but rather was expressing an emotional experience in an emotional way. Let's also note he's a teenager.

If I made a mistake and upset the community I would hope people would tell me in a way that wasn't name calling or making accusation, but rather explain why my actions were poorly received So I could learn. If everyone jumped on me I would likely feel sad and attacked and not return to the thread of perhaps even group for a short time due to feelings of rejection.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, pole, Fragile and 4 others
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

Jul 27, 2020
Part of empathy is seeing all sides of the story. Let's play devils advocate for a moment and assume he didn't have bad Intentions, but rather was expressing an emotional experience in an emotional way. Let's also note he's a teenager.

If I made a mistake and upset the community I would hope people would tell me in a way that wasn't name calling or making accusation, but rather explain why my actions were poorly received So I could learn. If everyone jumped on me I would likely feel sad and attacked and not return to the thread of perhaps even group for a short time due to feelings of rejection.

Agreed. I'd probably delete my account.

He was in chat a while back planning to CTB one night with SN. We told him to not do it if he didn't have 100% confidence and he said he would do it once he got the AE. There is no reason for me to believe this was in bad intention.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Spitfire, MartyByrde, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Let's also note he's a teenager

Sooooo...it's an adult site, and 18 is the legal age of adulthood. We can't treat a treat a teenager differently when they're contemplating suicide if they're an adult, but in all other cases we should treat them with kid gloves? It's a double standard. Were either all adults here or we're not.

And for the record, I just got the same exhortation from a mod who deleted one of my comments for a valid reason, but then threw in a guilt trip about the OP being only 18 -- the same mod who has publicly said it's invalidating and completely wrong to question or discourage someone from suicide because of their age. I already assertively addressed that in a PM to the mod, so I'm not being passive-aggressive here. It's a community issue, and if a mod also has that issue, then I think it needs to be confronted so that it doesn't become systemic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mm80, puppy9, AlreadyGone and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Let's also note he's a teenager
He was in chat a while back planning to CTB that night with SN. We told him to not do it if he didn't have 100% confidence and he said he would do it once he got the AE.
But people who read the OP don't necessarily know any of this.

People can't be expected to know all the relevant personal information about a poster, which would allow them to make a balanced and objective response.

Reactions: Mm80
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

Jul 27, 2020
Sorry, typo. I said "that night" but meant "one night". I don't remember what day he was in chat.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Sooooo...it's an adult site, and 18 is the legal age of adulthood. We can't treat a treat a teenager differently when they're contemplating suicide if they're an adult, but in all other cases we should treat them with kid gloves? It's a double standard. Were either all adults here or we're not.

And for the record, I just got the same exhortation from a mod who deleted one of my comments for a valid reason, but then threw in a guilt trip about the OP being only 18 -- the same mod who has publicly said it's invalidating and completely wrong to question or discourage someone from suicide because of their age. I already assertively addressed that in a PM to the mod, so I'm not being passive-aggressive here. It's a community issue, and if a mod also has that issue, then I think it needs to be confronted so that it doesn't become systemic.
It's just to note emotional maturity.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
It's just to note emotional maturity.

Then they're not emotionally mature enough to ctb and the age limit of the site should be raised.

Reactions: Brink
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
But people who read the OP don't necessarily know any of this.

People can't be expected to know all the relevant personal information about a poster, which would allow them to make a balanced and objective response.
That's why its kinder to ask questions and give people the benefit of the doubt.
Then they're not emotionally mature enough to ctb and the age limit of the site should be raised.
Children commit suicide. Pain comes in all ages and all levels of maturity. I would never expect you to gate keep suicide. You know how cold this world can be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Brink, Lupgevif and 4 others
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
It's not all going to be success stories, some of us are going to fail, because life is extremely complicated, and we are very error-prone creatures. I think that we should try to be

In fact, there are ZERO firsthand success stories on this forum, since those who "succeeded" are (presumably) unable to post anymore.

Reactions: Spitfire and Superdeterminist
Status
Not open for further replies.