• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
Not to give out too much personal information, but I live with a few relatives, and am hoping to get my own place in about two to three months ideally. I can't afford to move out right this moment. Unfortunately, one of the relatives I'm stuck with is a narcisstic sociopath who uses guilt-tripping manipulation to get their way, looks to start fights at random, sits on their butt all day knitting while eating the most unhealthy food you can imagine, is unemployed, loves critizcizing and mocking everyone while refusing to look themselves in the mirror, and falls for the stupidest scams you can find on the internet. Yes, they have lost quite a bit of money to said scams (which is how they lost their previous job) and they legitmately have a problem, but absolutely will not try to get help. No one will do anything or take a stand, and my relatives as a whole have become apathetic with doing any form of intervention. Taking any form of action, on my part, could result in me going homeless, or rather, living in my car. I have a job, but can't afford to move out quite yet.

I don't know if anyone here has ever been stuck living with a sociopathic relative, but regardless, what's the healthiest way to deal with them? I've mostly been trying to keep to myself and pouring myself into my job, but still...their toxicity is all-ecompassing while I'm at home. I know the easiest and most immediate answer is to just move out now, but I need a few more weeks. How do I deal with a sociopathic relative during this time in a way that doesn't jeopardize my own survival?

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Not to give out too much personal information, but I live with a few relatives, and am hoping to get my own place in about two to three months ideally. I can't afford to move out right this moment. Unfortunately, one of the relatives I'm stuck with is a narcisstic sociopath who uses guilt-tripping manipulation to get their way, looks to start fights at random, sits on their butt all day knitting while eating the most unhealthy food you can imagine, is unemployed, loves critizcizing and mocking everyone while refusing to look themselves in the mirror, and falls for the stupidest scams you can find on the internet. Yes, they have lost quite a bit of money to said scams (which is how they lost their previous job) and they legitmately have a problem, but absolutely will not try to get help. No one will do anything or take a stand, and my relatives as a whole have become apathetic with doing any form of intervention. Taking any form of action, on my part, could result in me going homeless, or rather, living in my car. I have a job, but can't afford to move out quite yet.

I don't know if anyone here has ever been stuck living with a sociopathic relative, but regardless, what's the healthiest way to deal with them? I've mostly been trying to keep to myself and pouring myself into my job, but still...their toxicity is all-ecompassing while I'm at home. I know the easiest and most immediate answer is to just move out now, but I need a few more weeks. How do I deal with a sociopathic relative during this time in a way that doesn't jeopardize my own survival?
i just sadly think theres so little to do, other than trying to distance urself as much as possible. a change of environments and getting away from there. you dont deserve that negativity. and its a great thing ur committed in doing this. i hope the next 2 months go by quick as heck for you.