• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
In less than a month I'm going to move back to my parents, who live in a small apartment. The person I live with is struggling financially and I feel horrible because I haven't gotten a job yet. Not only that, but they told me they are at risk of getting evicted, so I want to move out so they can rent the room out. I also care a lot about this person and even though they said I could stay, I feel way too bad. So I'm going to move back to my parents which means I'll be sleeping in the living room with my mom. My brother and dad & mom both have bedrooms, but my mom and dad don't seem to want to sleep in same bed so she sleeps in living room and spends most of her time in a day there. My parents have gotten a lot better, but some severe trauma from the past has made it so whenever I stay there it triggers my PTSD pretty bad, and I end up having panic attacks often, and it increases my SH. There's also going to be very little privacy for me. Also my dad still has a bit of anger issues, and sometimes that triggers me too although he's not violent anymore. My plan is:

1. Stay outside of the house as often as possible when it gets too overwhelming. There's a lot of beautiful nature in my hometown, and stores/parks within walking distance. There's also a lake that's within a 15/20 min walk that has a trail and a waterfront park. The weather is probably going to be pretty nice this time of year. There's also a forest I can go to, and a railway I can walk along. I plan to find a secluded spot along the river and play my instrument. It's a very small town so everything is walkable and easy to get to

2. Make little to-go packs. Just a small bag with snacks, items to relax me like a small stuffed animal, money to get a drink from the store. Anything that would help make the experience better, since I have intense episodes of agoraphobia sometimes.

3. When I feel mentally stable enough, get a part time job so I can save up for my own place, preferably at a library, working with animals or something like that. Then upgrade to full time job after a while

4.Start therapy and get as much mental help as I can, take my meds

I might update with more stuff, but really hoping this works ❤️❤️❤️ thanks for reading!!

Last edited:
blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
Wishing you lots of luck!! I think you're really brave and strong for choosing to move back with your parents for the sake of your friend <3 Hopefully the time you spend there won't be too hard and overwhelming. Your plan sounds well thought out and I'm so happy for you that you're taking steps for your happiness, I hope it all turns out alright! I love the plan to make little to-go packs btw, it's such a cute idea ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and soulkitty
yearsoflonliness

yearsoflonliness

Apr 4, 2024
I love everything about this plan. Well, mostly everything. I mean, it sucks you will be going back to a traumatic place, but your town sounds lovely and I know that I would certainly enjoy walking around with so much nature nearby. That's a good way to handle things.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
In less than a month I'm going to move back to my parents, who live in a small apartment. The person I live with is struggling financially and I feel horrible because I haven't gotten a job yet. Not only that, but they told me they are at risk of getting evicted, so I want to move out so they can rent the room out. I also care a lot about this person and even though they said I could stay, I feel way too bad. So I'm going to move back to my parents which means I'll be sleeping in the living room with my mom. My brother and dad & mom both have bedrooms, but my mom and dad don't seem to want to sleep in same bed so she sleeps in living room and spends most of her time in a day there. My parents have gotten a lot better, but some severe trauma from the past has made it so whenever I stay there it triggers my PTSD pretty bad, and I end up having panic attacks often, and it increases my SH. There's also going to be very little privacy for me. Also my dad still has a bit of anger issues, and sometimes that triggers me too although he's not violent anymore. My plan is:

1. Stay outside of the house as often as possible when it gets too overwhelming. There's a lot of beautiful nature in my hometown, and stores/parks within walking distance. There's also a lake that's within a 15/20 min walk that has a trail and a waterfront park. The weather is probably going to be pretty nice this time of year. There's also a forest I can go to, and a railway I can walk along. I plan to find a secluded spot along the river and play my instrument. It's a very small town so everything is walkable and easy to get to

2. Make little to-go packs. Just a small bag with snacks, items to relax me like a small stuffed animal, money to get a drink from the store. Anything that would help make the experience better, since I have intense episodes of agoraphobia sometimes.

3. When I feel mentally stable enough, get a part time job so I can save up for my own place, preferably at a library, working with animals or something like that. Then upgrade to full time job after a while

4.Start therapy and get as much mental help as I can, take my meds

I might update with more stuff, but really hoping this works ❤️❤️❤️ thanks for reading!!
Soulkitty, that sounds like a good solid plan. But just wondering whether you could reach out and apply for social housing - not sure which country you live in.., Do you have social or council (government) housing system where you are?

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Soulkitty, that sounds like a good solid plan. But just wondering whether you could reach out and apply for social housing - not sure which country you live in.., Do you have social or council (government) housing system where you are?
Hmmmmm I'll have to look into that! I live in the US. I have heard of a thing called section 8 housing I think, but I'm not sure if I would qualify for any social/government housing. Thank you for bringing it up ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1