• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
My father's partner allowed me to live in her apartment "temporarily". This "temporarily" has been lasting for 8 years already. In a sense, I'm still dependent on my father because this apartment belongs to his partner. Even though I pay for a rent and bills and I have a job, I feel like I still don't live on my own. Conditions here are awful and I feel miserable here. Besides, he said it two times already that I should move out. We don't talk to each other and I also have traumas from childhood because of him.

At the same time, I can't go back to my childhood home and live with my mother because she is an alcoholic living with her alcoholic boyfriend and they were the main reason I moved out of there in the first place. Besides, there's no space for me there.

It doesn't help that I have mental and physical conditions which made me a really weak person. Because of that, it holds me back and I'm scared to "go out into the world". I'm scared that one day I will have no power (either physical or mental) to go to my job and then I will not be able to pay a rent.

I'm also scared of renting a room and living with strangers. I was the only child with my own room for most of my childhood. Then when I moved here 8 years ago, I got used to living alone. Suddenly I would have to rent a room and live with strangers in the house.

It also doesn't help that I'm prone to taking long breaks every time I decide to quit a job. The breaks last about 3 months so I can recharge my batteries. During this period I live off of my savings. But it's easier to do that living here, where I didn't sign any actual legal document/contract. If I sign a room rental agreement, then I won't have a gut to quit my job just like that, which will make it even worse and rise chances of a job burnout, sooner or later.

How did you guys got a courage and were able to move out and rent a room and live with strangers? With these conditions that we have...

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
It also doesn't help that I'm prone to taking long breaks every time I decide to quit a job. The breaks last about 3 months so I can recharge my batteries. During this period I live off of my savings. But it's easier to do that living here, where I didn't sign any actual legal document/contract. If I sign a room rental agreement, then I won't have a gut to quit my job just like that, which will make it even worse and rise chances of a job burnout, sooner or later.
Same. Except my gap years were more like 1-2 years which wouldn't let me survive if I were living out on my own, but that is still the desperate goal as this home is a very toxic environment for me. I've tried looking into apartments all over the place and yeah, I wouldn't be able to afford them anytime soon. My best option would be to find a roommate, but that concerns me with trust issues, especially when it comes to strangers. I guess when/if I make enough, I'll just have to take that leap to get out of this situation anyway. I'd be greatly interested to hear other users' stories on moving out and living alone or with a roommate (and how they found their roommate).