• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lackadazeE

lackadazeE

Jul 29, 2023
I've been stuck at my job for a few months now, unable to quit because it was set up as a partnership with my school. I've had many panic attacks while working and have been scolded by superiors/supervisors/teachers at my school for spending too much time in the bathrooms (most of the time I'm in there because I feel physically or mentally ill) I understand I'm supposed to be working at my job but I was told very condescendingly that I could ruin the program for others who would be interested in working here, and it's like, I don't even want to work here. I was given no proper training, orientation was a joke ("think of the guests as the audience. You're putting on a play, so act out your part perfectly") I'm a custodian of sorts, the analogy is honestly quite stupid. I'm probably not fit for this job, trying to use the phone to call for help led to me crying the bathroom for like twenty minutes and even now, weeks later, I'm nursing a headache and trying to stop myself from throwing up (this sounds like hangover symptoms lol. I promise I didn't drink this is just all natural) I understand jobs aren't supposed to be enjoyable but I just needed some advice on how to get through this. I assume I'll be working at this job until I graduate in a month or two. So any words of encouragement or something would be greatly appreciated. Im really not sure I can go on with this anymore, every day my intrusive thoughts just get worse and I wonder what it'd be like to just end it all in front of everyone.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
I've been stuck at my job for a few months now, unable to quit because it was set up as a partnership with my school. I've had many panic attacks while working and have been scolded by superiors/supervisors/teachers at my school for spending too much time in the bathrooms (most of the time I'm in there because I feel physically or mentally ill) I understand I'm supposed to be working at my job but I was told very condescendingly that I could ruin the program for others who would be interested in working here, and it's like, I don't even want to work here. I was given no proper training, orientation was a joke ("think of the guests as the audience. You're putting on a play, so act out your part perfectly") I'm a custodian of sorts, the analogy is honestly quite stupid. I'm probably not fit for this job, trying to use the phone to call for help led to me crying the bathroom for like twenty minutes and even now, weeks later, I'm nursing a headache and trying to stop myself from throwing up (this sounds like hangover symptoms lol. I promise I didn't drink this is just all natural) I understand jobs aren't supposed to be enjoyable but I just needed some advice on how to get through this. I assume I'll be working at this job until I graduate in a month or two. So any words of encouragement or something would be greatly appreciated. Im really not sure I can go on with this anymore, every day my intrusive thoughts just get worse and I wonder what it'd be like to just end it all in front of everyone.
I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this! Sounds like very controlling freak they count your time in the bathroom? Wow

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What about sick leave? Go to your doc / psychiatrist / therapist if you have one and say the job drains you. That's what I would try to do first.

I'm sorry you're suffering so much and you have to do a job you don't like to do.

lackadazeE

lackadazeE

Jul 29, 2023
What about sick leave? Go to your doc / psychiatrist / therapist if you have one and say the job drains you. That's what I would try to do first.

I'm sorry you're suffering so much and you have to do a job you don't like to do.
I have actually talked to many teachers and even my therapist about how awful the job has made me feel. Even crying in front of some of them (which is deeply embarrassing) and none of them had anything to say except things along the lines of: "stick it out. You'll be done with it eventually."
I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this! Sounds like very controlling freak they count your time in the bathroom? Wow
I think it's kinda to be expected they have a limit on how long employees can stay in the bathroom since I am supposed to be working after all.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I have actually talked to many teachers and even my therapist about how awful the job has made me feel. Even crying in front of some of them (which is deeply embarrassing) and none of them had anything to say except things along the lines of: "stick it out. You'll be done with it eventually."
This really sucks. I understand that teachers may react this way but not a therapist. It's only about a few more weeks until graduation? Don't you have a GP you could talk to? I'm sorry I've got no idea what you could do.

lackadazeE

lackadazeE

Jul 29, 2023
This really sucks. I understand that teachers may act this way but not a therapist. It's only about a few more weeks until graduation? Don't you have a GP you could talk to? I'm sorry I've got no idea what you could do.
Thank you for the advice no need to apologize you've been very kind. I do have a doctor I see but I don't know what she could really do for me in this situation.

• Hugs
E

Endisclose

Experienced
Oct 23, 2023
Taking too much water after food can cause you you to throw up. I was making that mistake. GERD could be behind it if you get frequent headaches.. I found I had this after a lot of suffering. Wonder what else could be causing the headache and the throwing up. Only other thing I can think of is stress. Watch what you eat.. Get a proper nutritionist to help you out. Physical issues like this can mostly be fixed with proper diet and hydration. Look into it.

EternalDreams

EternalDreams

dreaming
Sep 19, 2019
Working can be really draining and I relate to you a lot. Right now I'm in a job where I don't really like as well. It's never really easy. What helps for me is venting or having someone to talk to. Hugs, I hope you'll get through this 🫂

Reactions: lackadazeE
M

madasco

Sep 13, 2022
I feel your pain. Nothing worse than
a sould crushing job which you are doing out of necessity. But there's light at the end of the tunnel: 1 or 2 months you said. That's nothing! Be strong, resist a day at a time and soon you'll have graduated. Seems your life is ahead of you, so don't give up just yet!

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
@lackadazeE what would happen to you, TO YOU, not to the others, if you would quit your job right now?