Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
When we are so depressed we can't leave our rooms/homes we are in a deep dark space. We might not see options for us that others looking in can. I'm a mother a nurturer by nature. I can't help but to be there if someone is asking advice. I am looking in from the outside. Everyone has the right to CTB on their terms when they are ready. I would feel horrible if some 14 yr old boy posted about his first break up and encouraged the method he used. When his post might say lost my gf she was my first what do I do? He is clearly seeking some advice not necessarily the way to CTB. Look at the membership- not all are here to end in CTB. Some are here to vent and have people to relate to. Lets face it no one in our lives can relate to us at all. I am beyond surprised at the sense of belonging I feel here. There are so many caring people here. Having been abused by others I think it makes us more caring towards others. Here we are broken yet somehow can find a way to say I'm here for you- whatever decision you make. You wanna talk I'm here. I don't think it has anything with pro lifers. I think those are some of our many lurkers. Only YOU know whats best for YOU. I truly am sorry for what has brought you here, it's that mother & compassionate person in me that can't help but to feel that way. When your time come I truly hope it brings you the peace this world could not provide you.
As always, beautifully stated Sinkinshyp.

• Love
Reactions: Sinkinshyp
yep

yep

Sep 1, 2020
I think most people here are (or rather don't want to be) neither dead nor alive, they are in between states. ironically like (as I mentioned in a previous post) Schroedingers cat.

Also can I ask the poster above, if you're on a suicide forum and so presumably don't want to be alive, why did you take treatment for cancer?

Sorry, not trying to be insensitive, but isn't it the easy way out to say "no treatment?"
I don't know the poster, but I think it's when controll is taken out of your hands. I want to die my way and I get to choose when I do it, when that is taken away I think some people get fearful, and others get logical. I personally would try to keep myself healthy until I chose to die, so I would have a good quality of life before I died. Unfortunately for the poster she does not have that option.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Xocoyotziin, demuic and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm usually quick to spot when pro-lifers are on the forum, there's been a pattern at least since I've been a member that they make several new accounts every certain number of weeks, and it's about time for their next wave. However I haven't been on the forum much the past couple of days and so haven't noticed if it's happening now. I'd definitely be interested to know if there's another wave of infiltrations going on.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm usually quick to spot when pro-lifers are on the forum, there's been a pattern at least since I've been a member that they make several new accounts every certain number of weeks, and it's about time for their next wave. However I haven't been on the forum much the past couple of days and so haven't noticed if it's happening now. I'd definitely be interested to know if there's another wave of infiltrations going on.
Are there ways of detecting them?
Like, do they use certain words or ask certain questions which should raise alarm bells?

I ask because sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between when someone is asking certain questions because they care about the wellbeing of/want to make sure another member has considered all their options etc., and when someone is trying to be intentionally disruptive, sow doubt, create fear about ctb etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mm80
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Like, do they use certain words or ask certain questions which should raise alarm bells?

I ask because sometimes it can be hard to tell when someone is asking certain questions because they want to make sure another member has considered all their options, and when someone is trying to be intentionally disruptive, sow doubt, create fear about ctb etc.

To me they're pretty obvious. It's not only a matter of asking if someone has considered all their options, they usually add additional persuasive, obviously pro-life rhetoric.

When the waves happen, there are usually two to three new members who will try to talk someone out of suicide. They often target younger members. Sometimes they will have a username or signature that's blatantly obvious, like something to do with victory or life being wonderful.

There was one member, Morticia'sHair, who started out with a lot of love-bombing, leaving notes on profiles and lots of caring comments, lots of heart emohis everywhere. Then after a few days, maybe a week (?), she and another new member tried to stop a couple of younger members on their goodbye threads. She acted very loving as she'd bring up the members' parents, and then would follow up with guilt trips. She was a member for only a week or two, and some members were upset she was banned because she was so sweet to them. She had some suspicious posts, and then got overt.

So some of them will try to blend in for a bit and seem supportive, and then start trying to interfere on goodbye threads. Some will just jump right in and make blatant pro-life comments on a variety of threads. Younger members get targeted. And this generally happens in a wave of about a week or a little longer, maybe an average of four pro-lifers during that period. I won't say how often the waves come because they'll just switch it up, and of course they may even switch up this pattern now that I've called it out, but I'm not too worried about it.

There are also pro-lifers who will pretend to be suicidal, befriend someone in PMs, and then when it comes time that the member wants to suicide, will blatantly try to talk them out of it, even threaten or actually call LE. I've only read about this on the forum, I don't do PMs.

You mentioned sowing doubt. That happens, too, but it's often not as overt, and I haven't yet been able to say for certain when someone is a pro-lifer. There are lots of ways for them to play games. I suspect there some have had accounts for a long time and keep a very low profile, occasionally posting quite convincingly that they're suicidal (as some of the PM targeters do), sowing doubt here and there, maybe or maybe not developing some PM relationships, then going quiet again for a while as the total membership seems to go through major shifts about every four months.

I've talked about it before on the forum when it's in progress. If you search "infiltration" with my username, you can get more information with examples.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Umbreon, elfgyoza and 7 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
They often target younger members
guilt trips
So some of them will try to blend in for a bit and seem supportive, and then start trying to interfere on goodbye threads
There are lots of ways for them to play games
I've noticed all this behavior you mention, on occasion.
Once I read this really nasty post guilt-tripping another member on a thread questioning the morality of a parent ctb'ing (or the original topic of that thread may have about something different, but the post specifically attacked a person who wants to ctb and who has children), and I responded a bit angrily, but by the time I went back to the thread the person was banned or had self-banned. I suspect they were just here to cause trouble.

There was also a recent member who seemed kind and open minded at first (although there was something a bit off about some of the things they said on occasion), and who was posting a lot, but then they started focusing a lot on whether younger ppl really have the decision making capacity to ctb, and making threads specifically aimed at a younger demographic. Then they just self-banned.
I'm still unsure if they were just well-meaning and wanted to promote genuine dialogue on important topics around the ethics of suicide, or if their real intentions were masked and they were subtly pushing a disruptive pro-life agenda. I am now wondering if everything they posted about themselves may have been invented. Who knows.

The thing is, I don't like being too cynical, and want to think that most people are genuine and what they appear to be on the surface. But I know that a lot of the time it isn't like that, especially on the internet with the anonymity, and especially on 'controversial' sites like this.

I guess if something doesn't seem quite right about a member, and if some of the things they say seem a bit off, it's best to err on the side of caution.
And as you intimated in the above post, sometimes it will just be obvious what someone is up to.

I'll check out your thread about infiltration (I may have already seen it, but I spend so much time here that sometimes I forget what I have and haven't already seen).

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, LittleJem, Wisdom3_1-9 and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'll check out your thread about infiltration (I may have already seen it, but I spend so much time here that sometimes I forget what I have and haven't already seen).

I haven't made a thread, or maybe I have, but I've made comments that called out what was going on when various waves were happening.

I agree about erring on the side of caution. Personally, I trust my gut, and don't let anyone shame me or guilt me or talk me out of it. I'm willing to listen to other perspectives, but when someone tells me I'm not seeing what I say I'm seeing, then it's an affirmation that I for sure saw something.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and esse_est_percipi
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Dear Pro Lifers on the forum! I want to be dead! Also, lots of other people on this forum want to be dead. That's why we are here.

If I was enjoying anything in my life then I would not be spending all day on this forum thinking about how to be dead.

Also many of us have tried medication, therapy, whatever and we still want to be dead.

And some people have life circumstances or health issues that mean they want to be dead.

I feel the same as your thread title......and also.......... so many people that are just plain and simple full of shit in what they write!!!!! i suppose the two go hand in hand lol

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm sorry, really it was just one person I was finding pro-life. Not many people. I'm just in a desperate state as I'm becoming very disabled again with depression and have no hope left, so I found his comments irritating on one of my posts and in a few other places. But maybe it's good he does the health and safety side with others.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, Mm80 and Ghost2211
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
we also have alot of people that seem to be posting sources etc up. there's alot of efforts to sabotage things i think. i'm not being paranoid either!!!

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Dear Littlegem lots of people are here because they don't want to be dead or they'd already be dead. They just don't know what else to do. Sorry if the truth hurts you can file it under pro life whatever the fuck that means
It's not that I want everyone here to choose death. It's just for example if someone is trying to get N and people suggest they talk about their issues. Why is that relevant to them looking for N. Most of us here have probably tried a lot of things already.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, nitroautnz and checkouttime
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
GoodPersonEffed said:
There are also pro-lifers who will pretend to be suicidal, befriend someone in PMs, and then when it comes time that the member wants to suicide, will blatantly try to talk them out of it, even threaten or actually call LE. I've only read about this on the forum, I don't do PMs.

I had this. I stopped what would have been a ctb attempt because I thought the person was going to call the police. Though it was also my own fault for adding them on Messenger so they knew my true name. Please don't add people on social media sites where you can be identified. I hadn't thought that complication would happen, until it did.
we also have alot of people that seem to be posting sources etc up. there's alot of efforts to sabotage things i think. i'm not being paranoid either!!!
I wonder if it would be better to hide the suicide forum from public (non-member) viewing. Many people not even a member of this site will be able to learn a lot about various methods and purchases. Some will be innocent lurkers like many of us started as, but others will have an active interest in shutting down ctb sources.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: checkouttime
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
Sometimes a fair few 'pro lifers' can be misread as someone that just cares about a fellow human being.

I totally agree with you on this point, I care about all human beings

Reactions: Meditation guide
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019

I ask because sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between when someone is asking certain questions because they care about the wellbeing of/want to make sure another member has considered all their options etc., and when someone is trying to be intentionally disruptive, sow doubt, create fear about ctb etc.
They are very clever. They dont just come on with the positive vibe.
They do it in a subliminal way. For instance they will use the word life loads of times, but not give away the hidden meaning. Ie life on mars, life is like a box of chocolates... thats life, and i cant deny it.
By the end of the conversation you no longer want to ctb and youve no idea why!
Crafty.

• Wow
Reactions: Xocoyotziin, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
They are very clever. They dont just come on with the positive vibe.
They do it in a subliminal way. For instance they will use the word life loads of times, but not give away the hidden meaning. Ie life on mars, life is like a box of chocolates... thats life, and i cant deny it.
By the end of the conversation you no longer want to ctb and youve no idea why!
Crafty.
Sneaky busybodies they are. Right sneaky busybodies.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and Mm80
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
yeah fuck pro lifers we just wanna die, annoying people acting like life is a good thing smh my head

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Sneaky busybodies they are. Right sneaky busybodies.
I dont mind the concept of someone being pro life. The problem for me is like you said, they start getting busy and trying to save someone without knowing anything about their life or how they got to this point. Its a bit disrespectful imo and insults the intelligence.
I sometimes wonder if its really a selfless act on their part or if they do it to boost their own esteem or ego.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, GoodPersonEffed, esse_est_percipi and 5 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
The pro lifers here are cunning. They say things like "reach out to me" to everyone. They pretend to be like genuine sufferers. Be aware that the ones who act all concerned about you and everyone might not be what they pretend to be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 262653, XYZ and checkouttime
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I dont mind the concept of someone being pro life. The problem for me is like you said, they start getting busy and trying to save someone without knowing anything about their life or how they got to this point. Its a bit disrespectful imo and insults the intelligence.
I sometimes wonder if its really a selfless act on their part or if they do it to boost their own esteem or ego.

I'm pretty sure legit members don't come here because they want to be told how to recover. i'm pretty sure they want to learn methods or how to source stuff. now if they choose to want to recover that is fine. there is also the option in the recovery section. but having it rammed down their throat the moment they get here in distress, will just cause even more. the people are adults(or should be) they are capable of making their own decisions. not having the decision forced upon or made for them. people should be left to choose themselves. I' sure they can navigate around the site and choose what they want for themselves.

random people trying to advise others on whether to recover or not. just makes me laugh. i wouldn't trust someone trying to advise me to get better ,as much as i wouldn't trust someone telling me to CTB.
The pro lifers here are cunning. They say things like "reach out to me" to everyone. They pretend to be like genuine sufferers. Be aware that the ones who act all concerned about you and everyone might not be what they pretend to be.

absolutely spot on! were pro choice blah blah blah. but they want you to make, the choice they want.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, DyingAlf and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Yeah they use really corny statements.
One once said to me, reach out and touch somebodies hand, make this world a better place, if you can.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, XYZ and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
If someone sends you messages with questions about when you plan to do it, how you plan to do it, asks if you are on meds, wants information on why you are considering it, tries to figure out ways to help you that don't involve honoring your decision, be very suspicious. Don't give out anything personal to anyone.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, Caspers and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
On the other side of that people mistake people for pro lifers for offering comfort and community through the path of suicide. People still want and need someone to talk to about what they are dealing with. No harm in telling people they can reach out and you'll be there in addition to giving method troubleshooting

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and DyingAlf
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
One once said to me, reach out and touch somebodies hand, make this world a better place, if you can.

its quite funny. they can only keep their masks on for so long, before it slips. they can't keep pretending they are' one of us' because ultimately they have no clue what any of us feel like. they do try to pretend though, and call out bad things about services etc for mental health, how they have suffered. shame they are good enough to kid us all.

once more.why would you ever trust a person that came on a suicide forum and lied to people. you really want a peroson like that trying to help you 'recover'

i would definitely seek help elsewhere if thats what i wanted .rather than trusting sumone who lies, cheats and manipulates others on a suicide forum.......trustworthy i think not!

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, elfgyoza and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020

You have that air about you. Like you could touch the blind and make them see. Although if the first thing they saw was those hairy legs in that pair of shorts, they'd go blind again in an instant.

Better not touch anyone... :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: DyingAlf and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
You have that air about you. Like you could touch the blind and make them see. Although if the first thing they saw was those hairy legs in that pair of shorts, they'd go blind again in an instant.

Better not touch anyone... :pfff:
Haha love it !

Reactions: XYZ
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
If someone sends you messages with questions about when you plan to do it, how you plan to do it, asks if you are on meds, wants information on why you are considering it, tries to figure out ways to help you that don't involve honoring your decision, be very suspicious. Don't give out anything personal to anyone.

exactly all questions that are irrelevant. no member on here needs to know any of that information about another member. what use is it, unless you are trying to prevent someone else or some other ulterior motive.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
No harm in telling people they can reach out and you'll be there in addition to giving method troubleshooting
Inviting people constantly to "reach out" and you will be there for them, and doing it to dozens of people each week seems suspicious. At first it sounds like just a nice caring person but is there some other motive? Trying to get people to talk to you about their problems so you can act as some sort of counselor to in a sense talk them down off the ledge?

It reminds me of Jehovah's Witnesses who feel they are "helping" people by knocking on their door and trying to convince them to believe what they believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 262653, Caspers and XYZ
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It's creepy how many people have asked members for location lately.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, Caspers and 3 others
D

DyingAlf

Specialist
Aug 22, 2020
I agree with you about some of that but I do ask a couple of those questions because I'm curious/interested.
I'm so not pro-life & would never do anything to try to stop anyone ctb & would be furious if anyone tried to stop me (on ss I mean, irl I've already been furious when people have interfered & stopped me from ctb).
I also encourage people NOT to share information that could lead to them being doxxed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide and checkouttime