unprecocious

unprecocious

Not advanced
Jul 23, 2020
After extensive reading, I drove 40 miles across state lines to go to a fishing store that carries a recently discontinued 2lb bottle of something yellowish white, labeled as Sodium Nitrite, technical grade 99% pure. Now, I'm fully aware of what SN is supposed to be, I am wondering if there's any reason why this would consider anything that would stop the process, like how cats stop CO poisoning from tubing car exhaust (research is your friend).

Am I just being paranoid? Also, holy crap, 2lbs for under 10 bucks? Seems not legit compared with prices I was finding online, though it was on sale. Would age render it ineffective, wasting my time, gas, and money? I'll stay tuned to find out.

Thank you

Reactions: Anotheryou
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
After extensive reading, I drove 40 miles across state lines to go to a fishing store that carries a recently discontinued 2lb bottle of something yellowish white, labeled as Sodium Nitrite, technical grade 99% pure. Now, I'm fully aware of what SN is supposed to be, I am wondering if there's any reason why this would consider anything that would stop the process, like how cats stop CO poisoning from tubing car exhaust (research is your friend).

Am I just being paranoid? Also, holy crap, 2lbs for under 10 bucks? Seems not legit compared with prices I was finding online, though it was on sale. Would age render it ineffective, wasting my time, gas, and money? I'll stay tuned to find out.

Thank you
Anything can happen that can stop the process. With regards to SN, some people don't absorb it as fast or need to take a second dose because they woke up. You'll have to take your chances with fate.

If the bottle is still perfectly sealed it should be okay. SN is a salt used for curing meats, so it shouldn't go bad if it's closed correctly and stored in a dry environment. The yellowish tint is normal. $8-10 on sale is reasonable. My bottle cost ~$15 and it's smaller than yours. You should be okay.

Reactions: unprecocious
unprecocious

unprecocious

Not advanced
Jul 23, 2020
I really appreciate the info. I am sure you are right. Thank you.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
With regards to SN, some people don't absorb it as fast or need to take a second dose because they woke up.

Do you have sources for people needing a second dose because they woke up? I've read all of the anecdotal accounts of success and failures that have been gathered and I don't recall this being reported.

Reactions: autumnal
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Do you have sources for people needing a second dose because they woke up? I've read all of the anecdotal accounts of success and failures that have been gathered and I don't recall this being reported.
A couple of second doses on the site have been from people either waking up, not feeling the effects of the first dose, or puking it up. This was way before the SN masterlist, so I can't remember the accounts specifically, sorry. People make a miscalculation or underestimate the amount due to body weight or general bodily resistance. It happens, and it's definitely not impossible since this is all DIY and only a few people on this site are scientifically minded to do calculations, hence the guides.

Reactions: Anotheryou