• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

-
Dec 4, 2022
I have the same concerns, as well as about purity since it's not stated on the label.

General questions about SN method:

I've read this guide and thread, Stan's guide, and the 2022 PPeH on SN. I have meto and SN from CCS. I also have Xanax and access to a bunch of propranolol if needed.

Confused as to the most recent protocol. Is it just fasting, meto and SN now? Do I need to take antacids? Is a 12 hour fast enough? With the 48 hour protocol, is one meant to be fasting?

Regarding the Xanax, I don't feel like it's a great idea to basically OD on a benzo in addition to trying SN. You might fall asleep or pass out before you finish the SN. I was thinking instead of taking a milligram or two an hour before for the calm and maybe to help with SI.

Is 25 G of SN really necessary? I figure the more you take in excess of what's necessary, the more likely you are to vomit. I'm about 125 or 130 lbs. for reference. There's so many threads of people vomiting and I don't want to die hunched over a toilet if I can help it. Some of those people said they did take an antiemetic. I have some Zofran in addition to the meto. Would it help to take both, or is the Zofran useless since it's not a dopamine inhibitor?

Sorry, many questions and this needs to go right the first time.
I'm not sure about your other questions, but antacids are no longer recommended. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-question-about-antacid.106147/

Reactions: janejackson
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
Axz
Thoughts on if this would work to numb ones tastebuds, for the SN drink? It has benzocaine in it so i'm assuming so. Sadly this is the highest strength available in australia.

J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
This post will be dedicated to compiling all the information we have on the Sodium Nitrite method (SN), including what else is needed and comparing it to other popular methods.

Before starting, I HIGHLY encourage you read most, if not all, of the chapters on the PPH, as this method may not be the most suited for you.

First of all, let's discuss why this method works, and how it kills.

Sodium Nitrite, NaNO2, acts as a catalyst in the conversion of the hemoglobin in your blood into methemoglobin (MetHB), a molecule with a much higher affinity with oxygen. This occurs when the ferrous ions in the regular hemoglobin are converted into ferric ones.
Since it's affinity is so high, methemoglobin cannot let the oxygen flow into other tissues that need it, thus depriving them of oxygen even while you're breathing. Death, then, occurs by hypoxia.
Sodium Nitrite poisoning symptoms include nausea, vertigo, vomiting, very heavy headaches and, should you manage to not pass out for too long, seizures.
The PPH claims that, during a monitored suicide with SN, the patient was unconscious at 12 minutes and dead by 35. However, some sources claim that SN poisoning might take as much as 8 hours to kill, probably due to low dosage.
Since methemoglobin creation is a natural process in our bodies, you must be aware that a certain enzyme works to transform it back into hemoglobin again. This is why the recommended dosage has varied on the PPH so much, as the syntetization of these enzymes and their "power" to overcome the formation of MetHB depends purely on your body, thus making a normal, general dose for all who chose this method very hard to determine, unlike N.

As for the physical symptoms your body will experience, not much will really change. Since your blood will mainly be MetHB, it will take on a bluish chocolate brown color, and the tips of your fingers, toes and nose (amongst others) will turn slightly blue from cyanosis.

Now, lets take a look at the "shopping cart".

You'll need the following:

SN: The main compund for this method, Sodium Nitrite is easy enough to find. You're looking for >98% purity Nitrite. This chemical is sold without regulation and can be bought from Amazon, Ebay or any lab supplier in your area. 100 grams cost between 8 and 10€. This chemical is completely legal to own and is used during curation of meats to preserve their color. It's described as "White to yellowish powder/crystals" and it's said to have "slightly salty taste". It is also very soluble in water.
The recommended dose from the PPH is 15 grams, however, this has increased on different issues, from only 5, to 12 and now to 15.
Very important: You're looking for Sodium Nitrite, not Sodium Nitrate; NaNO2, not NaNO3.
Should you not find it just by looking up Sodium Nitrite, look for: NaNO2, NNaO2 or Filmerine. Make sure you're buying what you want and that it's purity is high enough. For more information on it plus some industrial sellers, check Sodium Nitrite on Pubchem.

Antiemetics: Strong enough antiemetics for this method are not OTC, so you'll need to see your way around this. You're looking for Metoclopramide or any of it's commercial names, like Reglan/Primperan. This antiemetic needs to be a Dopamine blocker for it to work.
Antiemetics aren't 100% necessary for this method, however; just like with N, you wont accomplish anything if you end up puking it all out, which is likely. This will also most likely be the bulk of the money you'll use during this method.

Acid Regulators: Another thing recommended in the PPH is raising your stomach's pH to make the SN more effective. This can be accomplished with drugs like Tagamet (The one recommended on the PPH, 800mg, which is to my knowledge OTC) or even bicarbonate, though not as effective.

I recently got asked a few things regarding SN. First of all, you must know that the effects of this poisoning are completely reversible. It is very unlikely that you will have any permanent damage should you be "saved" during your attempt. Secondly, since this method relies on hypoxia, cardiovascular problems will reduce the amount of MetHB in blood needed to actually kill you. This, however, shouldnt really be a problem since it is sold starting from 100 grams, far more than the amount needed.

Lastly, there have been cases of people recovering from SN poisoning without any "side effects", but even if the ambulance is called soon enough, it is not certain that you will survive.

Should you have any question you can't find the answer of, please comment it and maybe you'll find someone on this community who knows.
Also, should you have any more information you'd like to share, please post it and tag me so I can edit this post and get it included. Thank you.
What if it's not possible to get the antiemetics that are needed from a doctor? Is there anything that could be substituted?

P

PleaseHelpMi

Mage
Dec 16, 2022
My sn is bit clumpy, Is it ok to let it dissolve for 15min?
Break it till it's like salt and then add it to water and stir. Make sure that it's sn though and hasn't become nitrate. You can do the blood test before mixing it to be sure.
I have the same concerns, as well as about purity since it's not stated on the label.

General questions about SN method:

I've read this guide and thread, Stan's guide, and the 2022 PPeH on SN. I have meto and SN from CCS. I also have Xanax and access to a bunch of propranolol if needed.

Confused as to the most recent protocol. Is it just fasting, meto and SN now? Do I need to take antacids? Is a 12 hour fast enough? With the 48 hour protocol, is one meant to be fasting?

Regarding the Xanax, I don't feel like it's a great idea to basically OD on a benzo in addition to trying SN. You might fall asleep or pass out before you finish the SN. I was thinking instead of taking a milligram or two an hour before for the calm and maybe to help with SI.

Is 25 G of SN really necessary? I figure the more you take in excess of what's necessary, the more likely you are to vomit. I'm about 125 or 130 lbs. for reference. There's so many threads of people vomiting and I don't want to die hunched over a toilet if I can help it. Some of those people said they did take an antiemetic. I have some Zofran in addition to the meto. Would it help to take both, or is the Zofran useless since it's not a dopamine inhibitor?

Sorry, many questions and this needs to go right the first time.
8+ hour fast in enough whichever protocal you follow. No antacids recommended anymore. 20g SN should be good for your weight. It says that on Stan's guide. I plan on doing stat dose fasting for about 10 hours and 3 hours dry with paracetamol, domperidone and SN.

Last edited:
Reactions: janejackson
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
Please, please let me know what you guys think of this regimen?:
x48h, Olanzapine 5mg
x24h, Olanzapine 7.5mg

x12-18:00, last meal

x6:00, Olanzapine as the AE, 10mg. (6 hours is when the drug peaks)

x0:45, 25mg Diazepam (15mg is enough to make my anxiety stupidly low)
x0:06, Benzocanine for tongue & taste.
x:0:00, SN drink, 35g, with another 35g on standby and another 30g on standby- 3 drinks total.

It should be noted that both Olanzapine AND Diazepam lower blood pressure- and sn, obviously, does the same. All of this means is the chances of me being knocked unconscious should be pretty high. However-

I'm wondering if the Diazepam timing is good? I'd like to be able to talk to someone about all of my timings, as i've thought about it quite a lot. My doctor told me Olanzapine and Diazepam are only dangerous together because of how sedating they both are. So maybe i should take Diazepam earlier- or just reduce the dose down to 15mg? Unsure.

Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
x48h, Olanzapine 5mg
x24h, Olanzapine 7.5mg

x:0:00, SN drink, 35g, with another 35g on standby and another 30g on standby- 3 drinks total.

It should be noted that both Olanzapine AND Diazepam lower blood pressure- and sn, obviously, does the same. All of this means is the chances of me being knocked unconscious should be pretty high. However-

I'm wondering if the Diazepam timing is good? I'd like to be able to talk to someone about all of my timings, as i've thought about it quite a lot. My doctor told me Olanzapine and Diazepam are only dangerous together because of how sedating they both are. So maybe i should take Diazepam earlier- or just reduce the dose down to 15mg? Unsure.

According to that, Diazepam has a peak onset of action between 1-1.5 hours, so I think the timing's fine. (Increased dosage doesn't effect peak onset of action, you'll just feel its effects quicker.) But as you said in our private chat, Olanzapine also makes you sleepy, and since that's your antiemetic, it would be safer to reduce the dosage of Diazepam to 15mg.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LocalAngel
J

janejackson

Feb 13, 2023
Break it till it's like salt and then add it to water and stir. Make sure that it's sn though and hasn't become nitrate. You can do the blood test before mixing it to be sure.

8+ hour fast in enough whichever protocal you follow. No antacids recommended anymore. 20g SN should be good for your weight. It says that on Stan's guide. I plan on doing stat dose fasting for about 10 hours and 3 hours dry with paracetamol, domperidone and SN.
Thanks for the reply. I've learned neither antacids nor propranolol is recommended anymore, as they may lengthen the time to unconsciousness, so I'll just stick with antiemetics, benzos, and SN.

I think I will take both the Zofran and the meto, too, because why not?

Reactions: PleaseHelpMi
Alyra

Alyra

Broken.
May 31, 2022
If anyone knows a UK supplier, please pm me

Reactions: flowersforalgernon:
P

PleaseHelpMi

Mage
Dec 16, 2022
x48h, Olanzapine 5mg
x24h, Olanzapine 7.5mg

Sorry i don't know much about the meds you are taking. I plan on taking paracetamol 1 hour before, domperidone 40 mins before and then sn drink. I am curious to know about benzocanine - how useful it is and does it have any effect on chances of success.
Thanks for the reply. I've learned neither antacids nor propranolol is recommended anymore, as they may lengthen the time to unconsciousness, so I'll just stick with antiemetics, benzos, and SN.

I think I will take both the Zofran and the meto, too, because why not?
Because taking both might be worse. Not sure how they react to each other. And the effect of taking both on the body.

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
Is aquarium test more reliable?
Yes, but you have to know how to do. Maybe this can help.
This is based on @jake3d 's write up, but aims to get results around the *middle* of the test range.
When we get results at the edge of the range, eg the max, it may leave us questioning the accuracy, eg was the true value higher than the max (eg due to a mistake with the test method), but can't be detected by the test kit.
When we get a result in the middle of the range we can feel more confident in what we're seeing.
We can also detect test method errors if we see results significantly higher than the middle, since that shouldn't be possible in a valid test.

Basic idea :
Deliberately create an SN solution whose concentration is in the middle of the test kit range, provided the SN is 100% purity, by dissolving a known amount of SN in a known volume of water.

e.g. If our kit tests up to 10mg/L, then create an SN solution of 5mg/L (assuming 100% SN purity), by placing 5mg of SN into 1 litre of water. If the kit shows around 5mg/L, then the SN must be almost 100% pure.

The numbers used below assume a kit that tests up to 10mg/L.
Modify the numbers based on the range of your test kit.

Equipment :
Kitchen scales that can measure to 0.1g accuracy (or better) for method 1, or to 1g accuracy for method 2
Aquarium test kit that tests up to 10mg/L nitrite.
Two 1 litre bottles of water ("bottles 1 and 2"). Ideally use distilled water, though I assume you could probably use regular mineral water, or maybe even tap water.
Syringe or pipette that can measure 5ml for method 1, or 0.5ml or 1.0ml for method 2
(though if you have a 1ml syringe or pipette then you could use it 5 times when the step requires 5ml to be extracted)

(note : If you don't use distilled water then you may want to separately test some water from the same source, without any SN added, to check the "baseline" level. You should see close to the minimum on the test range. You could still do this if using distilled water, to validate the test kit gives sensible results).

=======================================================================

Method 1 : Requires kitchen scales with 0.1g accuracy (or better)

Weigh out 1.0g of SN and dissolve it in bottle 1.
Put lid back on, shake *very* well.
Bottle 1 now contains 1.0g/L of SN

Use syringe to extract 5ml of liquid from bottle 2.
Squirt liquid away to discard it.
Syringe should now be empty.

Use syringe to extract 5ml of liquid from bottle 1.
The extracted liquid contains 5mg of SN.

Squirt extracted liquid into bottle 2.
Put lid back on, shake bottle 2 *very* well.
Bottle 2 now contains 5mg/L of SN.

Test liquid from bottle 2 using test kit.

If tests show around 5mg/L then the SN was close to 100% purity.
If tests show significantly higher than 5mg/L then the test has been wrongly performed or the test kit is faulty.
If tests show significantly less than 5mg/L then it suggests the SN is of lower purity and may be unsuitable.

Disposal : After testing, further dilute liquids while discarding, e.g. slowly pour liquid into stream of water from tap or from another bottle of water.
This applies particularly to bottle 1 (more concentrated).

After completing the test successfully, you may wish to do another which targets the upper end (maximum) of the test kit to measure the percentage purity of the SN more accurately (if you feel the need). If the values you used for the first test exactly targeted the middle of the test range, then you can simply double the ml amount that is transferred from bottle 1 to bottle 2, eg modify above steps, replacing 5ml (both instances) with 10ml (or you could double the SN amount in g, but that wastes SN for no real benefit).

Method 2 : If your kitchen scales can only measure to 1g accuracy

This requires a syringe that can measure 0.5ml fairly accurately. If your syringe can measure 1ml accurately, but not 0.5ml, then modify steps, replacing 10g with 5g, and replacing 0.5ml (both instances) with 1ml, although this will be less accurate.

*Be careful* due to higher SN amounts. Ensure disposal steps (see above) followed.

Weigh out 10g of SN and dissolve it in bottle 1.
Bottle 1 now contains 10g/L of SN

Use syringe to extract 0.5ml of liquid from bottle 2.

Use syringe to extract 0.5ml of liquid from bottle 1.
The extracted liquid contains 5mg of SN.

For remaining steps, see method 1 (squirt extracted liquid into bottle 2, etc).

ANOTHER EXAMPLE :
Test kit that measures 0.3 to 3.3 mg/L
We will aim to create a solution of 2 mg/L.

Method 1 : Requires kitchen scales with 0.1g accuracy (or better)

Weigh out 1.0g of SN and dissolve it in bottle 1.
Bottle 1 now contains 1.0g/L of SN

Use syringe to extract 2ml of liquid from bottle 2.

Use syringe to extract 2ml of liquid from bottle 1.
The extracted liquid contains 2mg of SN.

Squirt extracted liquid into bottle 2.
Put lid back on, shake bottle 2 *very* well.
Bottle 2 now contains 2mg/L of SN.

Test liquid from bottle 2 using test kit.

If tests show around 2mg/L then the SN was close to 100% purity.
If tests show significantly higher than 2mg/L then the test has been wrongly performed or the test kit is faulty.
If tests show significantly less than 2mg/L then it suggests the SN is of lower purity and may be unsuitable.

Follow disposal steps (see above)

Method 2 : If your kitchen scales can only measure to 1g accuracy

This assumes a syringe that can measure 0.5ml fairly accurately. If your syringe can measure 0.25ml accurately, then modify steps, replacing 4g with 8g, and replacing 0.5ml (both instances) with 0.25ml, for better accuracy.

Weigh out 4g of SN and dissolve it in bottle 1.
Bottle 1 now contains 4g/L of SN

Use syringe to extract 0.5ml of liquid from bottle 2.

Use syringe to extract 0.5ml of liquid from bottle 1.
The extracted liquid contains 2mg of SN.

For remaining steps, see method 1 (squirt extracted liquid into bottle 2, etc).

other useful threads :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...he-aquarium-testing-strips.31522/#post-589366
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-an-aquarium-testing-kit-rough-version.18188/

Reactions: helba
J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
It seems like those drugs are prescribed by the doctors only ;-; damnit I'm a terrible liar when it comes to ordering strong drugs from my doctors. I just sense my doctor's disbelief in me right away after a long pause when I simply tell them "I have been having headaches that bother me" despite my head being in good condition.

Some of them are just smartasses who don't even bother asking me first for their opinions or advice but tell me anyways some of which are unprofessional opinions about my lifestyle.

I do not want to go back.

What do you think I should do? Abandon using any type of antiemetic altogether oooor just use the OCT ones despite the ineffeciency?
I am the same, l was wondering if smoking some weed would be just as effective

LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
I've seen some places on this site now say that Olanzapine only works if you take it daily for several weeks. I'm not scared as i do not take it daily. I don't know what to do anymore. I'll see if i can get an appointment with my GP to get meto. Anyone got any insight into Olanzapine for me?

LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
I had created a separate thread but realized I probably should've just asked here. I have a few questions about the other meds used with SN.

1) I know metoclopramide is the most often used AE, but I already have a script for ondansetron. Will the ondan be sufficient, or should I work on getting the meto?
2) As far as benzos, is lorazepam a good choice? Again, I already have a script.
3) Propanolol is now not recommended, correct? I've read that it slows the tachycardia, which can be uncomfortable, but actually makes it take longer to ctb.

P

PleaseHelpMi

Mage
Dec 16, 2022
Bloodtest doesn't help to find out wether it's nitrit or nitrat. Both become brown.
That's not true. Otherwise blood test wouldn't be the recommended method. It's there in the resource compilation too. Plus there are countless threads with people doing blood test. It is the method used to find if sn is pure or not. It is also more reliable than aquarium test. Where did you find that both become brown? The same dark brown? That too by dropping just a few drops on the salt both give same reaction? I haven't found anything like that. What is your source?

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
That's not true. Otherwise blood test wouldn't be the recommended method. It's there in the resource compilation too. Plus there are countless threads with people doing blood test. It is the method used to find if sn is pure or not. It is also more reliable than aquarium test. Where did you find that both become brown? The same dark brown? That too by dropping just a few drops on the salt both give same reaction? I haven't found anything like that. What is your source?
Hey @PleaseHelpMi!
I was just saying that because I read it a few times here. No source. Don't know what is correct. Sry for that. Maybe someone can clearify.

LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
I apologize for posting so much in here. What does nM mean in the context of stans guide? And also, how would one convert it?|

I do not absolutely need to know specifics- as 5mg of Olanzapine has shown in studies to reduce nausea after just 1 day orally. However, i just wanted specifics to calm my mind down. Anyone got any clue what nM means in this context?

My CTB date is coming up. Excited and nervous.

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
Can we even consider SN a reliable method anymore after another "failure" thread has popped up?

I regret my role in sharing it if that's the case.

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
Olanzapine is my AE, how much of it do you need? I'm on 10mg a day due to my mental problems, so how much would be needed?

D

Dubito

Student
Nov 5, 2022
Yea.

IK there can be any number of explanations as to why it did not work but it's still worrying to me.
It was also scary to me. So many mistakes can be made. This time obviously a malfunction scale. One should check that with weighting water. And it's better to have a clear mind, no drugs or alcohol. Positiv is that his body seemed to be ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: PleaseHelpMi
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
Olanzapine is my AE, how much of it do you need? I'm on 10mg a day due to my mental problems, so how much would be needed?
Anywhere from 5-10mg is whats used in studies for reducing nasuea- it doesn't need to be daily from the research i've done either. If you're paranoid, take It a few days in a row to build it up in your system.

F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
Well, I think Average Joe only failed because they got the quantity wrong and presumably far less than they required. I don't think that should worry others, that's why we have a guideline right? If you don't take a lethal amount and you survive can you really be surprised and question the method?

S

Sparx

Specialist
Jan 4, 2023
How badly would the scale have to malfunction to give Average Joe an amount that wasn't lethal? Considering that people have died from only 2g and the lethal dose is about 6g. His experience has sent me into a bit of a panic, I was confident SN was a fairly peaceful and reliable method.

Reactions: CantWait2D1E
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
How badly would the scale have to malfunction to give Average Joe an amount that wasn't lethal? Considering that people have died from only 2g and the lethal dose is about 6g. His experience has sent me into a bit of a panic, I was confident SN was a fairly peaceful and reliable method.
I think it still deserves the label of "reliable". A lot seems to depend on individual factors, like how some have died from low falls and others survived devastating ones. The discrepancies in outcomes seem to be especially prominent when it comes to self-poisoning. "Reliable" never meant "guaranteed" and I think we unfortunately have to accept the inherent risk of failure. LNow that risk can certainly be minimized of course and there is other useful information we could learn from that user, but understandably his focus is on recovery. A lot of people fear sequelae from a failed attempt but it looks like at least judging from that case that that won't be the case.

Interestingly, I found a seemingly knowledgeable user's formula that suggested that given that user's weight there was still a chance of survival even with the supposed 30g.

Last edited: