• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I wanted to share this Health Sheet Library that gives info about different medical problems, ideas for treatment that don't rely on weight-loss programs that rarely work long-term, and resources for getting REAL, DECENT HELP instead of doctors telling you "it's just happening because you're fat." Not giving larger people the same clinical tests and care as thinner people is deadly. Everyone deserves better. :heart:
(I found this because a friend was looking for help getting better treatment for sleep apnea.)

J

justagirl

Mar 14, 2021
This is interesting. Thanks for sharing! As someone with tons of hormonal issues and a heart issue that prevents me from working out like I used to, I have packed on a lot of weight and get taken much less seriously. Depression? Go exercise. Tired? Eat healthier. Pain? Lose weight. Like, thanks, I totally haven't tried every option I could think of and can physically do.

Reactions: noaccount
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
On an unrelated note, if anyone wants to decrease appetite--start chugging protein shakes. High amounts of protein will grind your metabolism to a halt. This is a problem for me since I need to eat a lot to make progress in the gym, and at the same time I "can't" get enough protein from food alone (shitty appetite for the first half of the day). The protein shakes fuck my shit up and destroy my metabolism, you need to go for big shakes (50+g).

Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
It's always easier to blame real problems on a nice easy scapegoat. There's an episode of House where a super overweight guy has a series of bad symptoms and the staff can't look past his weight and so attribute his illness to that. In the end it had nothing to do with his weight as you'd probably guessed.

Yeah, that's just a drama, but it's very true that if a doctor or other professional can find a nice easy habit or characteristic to blame for your illness, they will.

Thankfully, in my case they are running out of things to blame it on. Nothing has really changed. My only vice, smoking, no longer applies. I'm steadily loosing the weight that their crap meds caused me to gain.

I'm glad that you have some resources to help people navigate the completely pointless stalling and I hope it leads to treatment that will help.

My dad can barely walk these days due to similar dismissive behaviour from our "NHS Angels". He could have sued for a lot of money, but since he's not a selfish POS like his doctors and nurses were, he decided not to as he didn't want the funds to be taken away from the hospital and cause others suffering.

Well, after seeing his experience and experiencing similar abusive behaviour myself. When they run out of excuses and if I end up in a similar situation, they are going to find I won't be so noble.