• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

kvsvenky100

Student
Dec 7, 2023
Sometimes it does. Other times not. Sometimes it's not enough to make people want to stick around. What's your point?

Do you have any kind of evidence to support the assertion that the "vast majority" of people who're suicidal will just get over it and live happy lives eventually?

Yes, it is a pity. It's horrible and unfortunate that the decision to CTB gets complicated like that and that more people's lives are negatively affected. I still don't think "screw you, should've realized you wanted to kill yourself sooner!" is a reasonable or ethical response.

I imagine just as many children would do anything to stop their parents from CTBing, so it's not so much hypocrisy as it is a mutual "I can but you shouldn't" attitude. And even if it is hypocritical, denying someone the right to die for no reason other than them hypocritically denying others that right is by definition spiteful. It's just "you did something bad, so you should get the same bad thing done to you". That's childish.

Not to mention that, again, that isn't a universal stance. You actually haven't the foggiest idea if every suicidal parent would deny their children that right once they're of age or not, you're just assuming as much. Likewise not every child would deny their parents CTBing.

Obviously you shouldn't "inflict life" on others when you can't cope with it, but at one point they COULD and thought for whatever reason having children would be good. Try putting yourself into a parent's shoes for a bit, dude.

At the end of the day, you're arguing to restrict someone's right to die and I can never agree with that.
Children have been forced by their parents to depend on their parents. Parents were not forced to have children, usually.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen