• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

gus.nixon

gus.nixon

and now we rise and we are everywhere
Apr 19, 2020
I literally had a dream last night where I told my dad about my thoughts on suicide. Next thing I know I'm drugged up and in a wheel chair in a psych ward in handcuffs and my legs are shackled too. It was an unpleasant dream.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well I generally agree with both @ExhaustedExistence and @WornOutLife BUT..BUT you have not mentioned if you are getting/seeking help at all. That to me is one of the pivotal questions at least for me. I am 65 years young and have had suicidal thoughts for most of my life and 2 attempts so far. I truly care about you as a global family member and only want the best for you. Part of the aspect of life is options. I never have a issue if someone asks me about my mental health because I figure let that person show me if they really care and have empathy or not. Easy to judge, hard to understand is what I tell people. Take care and I wish you a beautiful sunny day!!! Walter:happy::hug::happy:

DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
I guess it strongly depends on your relationship with them and how they might react. Do you think they'll be supportive?
My parents found out I'm suicidal recently after my attempt and it's literally made no difference whatsoever. They've just done nothing as always.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
How do you think the conversation will go? What do you hope to get out of telling them?
They're always pretty supportive. Maybe I think it would be easier if I could share my struggles. I'll probably wait for now, though.
Well I generally agree with both @ExhaustedExistence and @WornOutLife BUT..BUT you have not mentioned if you are getting/seeking help at all. That to me is one of the pivotal questions at least for me. I am 65 years young and have had suicidal thoughts for most of my life and 2 attempts so far. I truly care about you as a global family member and only want the best for you. Part of the aspect of life is options. I never have a issue if someone asks me about my mental health because I figure let that person show me if they really care and have empathy or not. Easy to judge, hard to understand is what I tell people. Take care and I wish you a beautiful sunny day!!! Walter:happy::hug::happy:
You make good points, and "global family member" is an expression that I really like.
Depends on whether you trust them or not. I have a loving family, but even so I wouldn't entrust anyone with my deepest, darkest secrets.
I see what you mean. I worry that I would be in a situation where there's nothing left to tell.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?