• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
Firstly I apologize for my English, it is not my native language

You probably heard from someone that a suicidal person is a coward, I still hear that from my friends today. But the truth is that, like me, you know how difficult it is and how courageous it is to take this step.
I've been trying CTB since I was 13 years old and it seems that the more time passes, the more afraid I am of dying. I have all the resources at hand but when it comes time to do it I am simply overcome by a bunch of thoughts that leave me terrified, maybe this is the SI in action and I just don't know how to deal with it.

I have no hope or perspective in my life, I am a true failure and even in dying I do not have enough competence to do so. My biggest fear is precisely being stuck here, suffering this torture for the rest of my life without having enough courage to be called a coward by others.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Honestly, whenever people say those who commit suicide are cowards, I think about Thích Quảng Đức... look him up if you haven't heard of him. That man was anything but a coward, I bet pro-lifers would never have the balls to do what that man did...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Those who label those who manage to cease existing on their own terms as "cowardly" really are so ignorant and insensitive to me especially as suicide truly is so unnecessarily difficult, I understand feeling so trapped here in this existence.

Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
Honestly, whenever people say those who commit suicide are cowards, I think about Thích Quảng Đức... look him up if you haven't heard of him. That man was anything but a coward, I bet pro-lifers would never have the balls to do what that man did...
I fully agree. What he did and especially how he did it is truly incredible. I don't know anyone who would have the courage to do what he did

AbsurdAbyss

AbsurdAbyss

Lost, broken, empty, fragmented.
Mar 4, 2024
Those who label those who manage to cease existing on their own terms as "cowardly" really are so ignorant and insensitive to me especially as suicide truly is so unnecessarily difficult, I understand feeling so trapped here in this existence.
When death becomes cowardice, bravery becomes curse - thus speaks life, tired and vain.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Slight derail but your title made me realise how flawed these terms are. We tend to paint the world in black and white but it is never as simple.

Coward by the very definition can be someone who avoids 'pain' but by doing that they have to carry more weight in the long run, can't that be brave when they do?

On the other hand people who are brave to avoid worse pain later, aren't they doing it because they are scared of consequences?

Are only cowards scared? Fear is emotion most humans share.

We are so lost in all the words and concepts and just use them to shame people into doing what we want them to...

I am sorry for yapping. Also I don't think anyone here should judge you whatever you decide. Life is hard enough as it is, you are dealing with it your own way.

sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
It's the bravest thing to overcome your own survival instinct and ctb. Maybe if methods like N were so easily available as in going to a grocery store and buying it I'd agree on the coward status but we must resort to rather intense methods that require courage to pull it off successfully.

destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
yes ur right! To gather the courage to ctb. This is a difficult task. Very difficult!

onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
People who consider it a cowardly act to CTB are simply people who don't understand the feeling of wanting to kill yourself all the time. I think it's a fair point to make that most people on earth have considered suicide but few of us actually stick to that thought for a long period of time. People who have never struggled with suicidal thoughts for a long period of time lack an understanding of how courageous it really is to against your brains primary defense mechanism that is your Survival Instinct.

Reactions: thegoldengirls
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023

You probably heard from someone that a suicidal person is a coward, I still hear that from my friends today. But the truth is that, like me, you know how difficult it is and how courageous it is to take this step.
I've been trying CTB since I was 13 years old and it seems that the more time passes, the more afraid I am of dying. I have all the resources at hand but when it comes time to do it I am simply overcome by a bunch of thoughts that leave me terrified, maybe this is the SI in action and I just don't know how to deal with it.

I have no hope or perspective in my life, I am a true failure and even in dying I do not have enough competence to do so. My biggest fear is precisely being stuck here, suffering this torture for the rest of my life without having enough courage to be called a coward by others.
Very well said, I feel the same way taking your life is the most courageous act a person can commit.

Very well said, taking your own life takes an amazing amount of courage. I envy and admire those who can go through with it, so don't be hard on yourself I think the majority of us on here have that fear as well. It's really annoying hearing people make comments that people who ctbed took the easy way out. Those are the real cowards who would not be able to stand being in our shoes for even an hour and you're English is perfect

Reactions: thegoldengirls
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
I think it's just a way for the cruel to kick someone while they're down. Just an ignorant statement to put themselves above an already dead person, who can't defend themselves. That is true cowardice.