• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Fallen off the wagon yet again. Been a rough few days for a few reasons.

Nearly aced the first test in my course and was luckily ahead of schedule before I entered slug mode. Still slightly ahead which is good as I got the new covid shot today (yay) and due to that (and other reasons) might be a bit offline again the next few days.

Went to the mall a couple of times and got some better pyjama pants, no luck on the housecoat though. My stupid house is fucking cold. Already.
For which course?

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
For which course?
I wrote about it a few entries back - it's for domestic TESL certification. I'm only really learning anything now I'm already halfway through as I already taught English overseas for three years, but like with everything here, you need some stupid accreditation or no one will consider you.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I wrote about it a few entries back - it's for domestic TESL certification. I'm only really learning anything now I'm already halfway through as I already taught English overseas for three years, but like with everything here, you need some stupid accreditation or no one will consider you.
I'm very happy that you passed! Keep up the good work, I'm rooting for you!

• Love
Reactions: Rounded Apathy
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
I'm very happy that you passed! Keep up the good work, I'm rooting for you!
Thanks 💕 It's into linguistics now and just finished the chapter on vowels, which was the most dense and informative yet. Course design is kinda dogshit considering the price tag, and I have a running tab on places where they need to fix things I plan to send them.

I guess that doubles as today's accomplishment, since I haven't touched the material since before getting the new covid booster on Monday.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Was finally able to secure an appointment for counseling at my university. Too early to tell if this is an accomplishment or not, but given that I am making greater strides towards recovery, I suppose it is. Too early to tell if this will help or not, it was only the first session, and I don't get to have another one until 2 weeks later but yeah I felt like sharing.

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Guess it'll be the week's accomplishments, at this rate...

-Hung out in real time with another person, on two separate occasions
-Wrapped the third of four modules in the course with a near perfect test score
-Have been diligent with my food journaling...even if I'm still in limbo on gut triggers and struggling to eat enough to prevent me from losing weight I do not have to spare

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Wow it's been a while. October was mainly shit, but the last couple of days had some wins. Decided I want to try and get a hold of some SN as an insurance policy, but as I don't have any proper ID would need to get some - so I showered and shaved for the first time in weeks, and today made it to the gov't office to apply for the card and take the picture. On the same outing I had my blood drawn for follow up to this covid serology study I volunteered for a few months back. To cap it off I finally submitted my course's third assignment (after weeks of doing fuck all with it), after having a virtual hangout cancelled on me by this friend for the umpteenth fucking time no less.

winning charlie sheen GIF

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
You accomplished quite a lot in one day!
It's been rough for me since my cat of 23 years died last Friday. Still I managed to change the furniture with my husband a bit and paint over a wall. Had to keep myself busy with the loss.
@Monique696 l am so sorry for the loss of your Cat, l lost my Staffie Max 7 months ago and I still haven't been able to move any of his doggy things! Hugs sending virtual hugs

• Love
Reactions: Monique696
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Some other life forms! Yay

I just made a huge batch of chilli and was fairly tasty. Earlier today I registered to be a stem cell donor for the heck of it. Maybe I can give my life force to someone who wants it.

Attachments

• chili.jpg
    chili.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Emailed a neighbourhood food drive program to ask about volunteering with them.
Wrote a long post about MAiD in Canada which will hopefully help other users.
Did some shitty DIY home improvement to hopefully lessen stupid drafts.

Reactions: leeloosnow
Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
@Monique696 l am so sorry for the loss of your Cat, l lost my Staffie Max 7 months ago and I still haven't been able to move any of his doggy things!View attachment 100839
It's strange. I still sometimes see her in shadows. Kinda cute tho. Little phantomcat.
It's a privilege to get to love an animal and to live together for so long.
Our big fluffbutt is now 9. His dad died with 8. So who knows. Life can be so fleeting.
I'm working on a new book. So that's kinda nice as an accomplishment. How is it going for everyone else?

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Some other life forms! Yay

I just made a huge batch of chilli and was fairly tasty. Earlier today I registered to be a stem cell donor for the heck of it. Maybe I can give my life force to someone who wants it.
That chilli looks really tasty! 👍
It's strange. I still sometimes see her in shadows. Kinda cute tho. Little phantomcat.
It's a privilege to get to love an animal and to live together for so long.
Our big fluffbutt is now 9. His dad died with 8. So who knows. Life can be so fleeting.
I'm working on a new book. So that's kinda nice as an accomplishment. How is it going for everyone else?
That's a good thing, a visit from a deceased pet is your cat letting you know that she got to the other side and will be waiting for you when your time comes 🤗🐈

Last edited:
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
That chilli looks really tasty!
Thanks - had the fortune to be able to add some Beyond Beef, which was special ^_^

Today I had a (virtual) appointment with the dietician right when I woke up, and right after that another one with an ES intake coordinator. Then I called two other people in the latter organization about 1) a volunteer possibility [but mornings, eugh], and 2) a job post that would be fucking dream tier to see if I could qualify despite lacking a key thing...which I could, but they had decided to close the posting a week early cause someone in the backlog from a previous opening was chosen. That was a weird mix of good and bad news.

It felt so good to interact with people before the misery could set in, and not just get on this site. The first half of today and yesterday were like day and night, christ. I wanted to make the most of it and accomplish more in the latter part of the day, but my body was stupid so I only walked the two blocks to the supermarket and dropped my stem cell swabs in the mail. I really want to donate blood, but not only are the hours not great , it apparently takes the body months to replenish the RBCs - I'm likely juuust above the threshold for even being able to donate, leading me to believe I will feel (more) like crap/for another reason if I did it. Hmph.

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Yep it takes the human body just 24 hour's to replace the blood you donated but 4-6 week's to replenish the RBC's, However donating blood is a very compassionate thing to do and l Respectfully take my hat off to you 🙏🎖️
Well, notice that I said I want to give blood but haven't actually committed for the above reasons...haha. I'm still mulling it over though.

Today I finally went ahead with my plan to see if I could get a walk-in clinic to prescribe me meto. I was successful. I should've been a fucking actor, I swear. I didn't actually get the meds since my actual GP after nearly three weeks still hasn't sent the pharmacy my benzo script (nor my extended medical note for EI, nor the name and number of a clinic she may or may not have referred me to late summer, from whom I've also heard nothing). Figure there's no point dropping the cash till everything's there, especially when I don't have any actual end date in mind.

But I'd been wanting to try that for a while. Felt good to do so and succeed.

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Wow I'm on a roll (despite today being 90% shit but let's save that for elsewhere). Had the initial session with the ES...person? dunno what the job title is. It was really long and by the end I was spacing out and it caused me to miss my nap, but she was very nice and thorough and basically worked overtime to make sure we got as much down as possible right at the start.
I also (sorta) shaved and left the house to check for discounted stuff at the supermarket; got a baguette, banana bread and some mangoes. Afterward I even walked extra to the neighbourhood free pantry - completely empty, but I likely benefited from the activity somehow.

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Made a bunch of money today
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Two things that'd been on my list for a real long time:
tried an Indigenous restaurant nearby (just okay, but another customer did something super nice for me while I was there 💕), then went to the Home Depot to inquire about what blinds would go on the fixture in my rental's living room (turns out they may not exist as the gov't mandated that type stop being produced from fear of kids choking themselves on the drawstring...sigh).

I also cooked up some nice quinoa and now have leftovers for two more meals.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I took a letter to the post office as it had to be sent recorded delivery. I bought some bread. It was hell leaving my bed and getting dressed to go out in the fog. But I did it. Back in bed now.
I'm working again.
How's it going?

Last edited:
Someday_Somehow32

Someday_Somehow32

Jul 20, 2022
Sent in a short story I wrote, I doubt it will win anything because the main character kills himself in the end, but hey it feels nice

Reactions: rationaltake
assisted

assisted

Student
Jul 7, 2022
I just want to say that I've accomplished a lot

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Aug 8, 2022
Well @LONE WOLF., after all the goddamn setbacks and obstacles, I finally made it to the blood donation centre today. They got almost the full amount (and none too slowly) before I started to feel a bit woozy and they stopped - meaning the bag will indeed be able to be put to use. Little worried that the IV site is still spotting but whatever, if I die my essence will live on in (an)other/s!

Feeling extra good about finally making it as the last couple of days have been rather shit. Kinda used that to fuel the fire, and glad I was able to.

Last edited:
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Well @LONE WOLF., after all the goddamn setbacks and obstacles, I finally made it to the blood donation centre today. They got almost the full amount (and none too slowly) before I started to feel a bit woozy and they stopped - meaning the bag will indeed be able to be put to use. Little worried that the IV site is still spotting but whatever, if I die my essence will live in in (an)other(s)!

Feeling extra good about finally making it as the last couple of days have been rather shit. Kinda used that to fuel the fire, and glad I was able to.
Not an accomplishment from me (I sadly don't have any to add myself as of right now) but I am happy you are posting in this thread again.