• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
It's time for me to post something about Knuckles, I didn't want to spam themes from his stages either, but hey, that's one of the best parts of SA2.

Such good memories of that game.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021

I don't know if I posted this one before. I really like it.

I was an early 90s baby who was there for the hype with pokemon red&blue and silver&gold, but generation 3 will always be my favorite. This song is my favorite pokemon song.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Ah yes, the most beautiful and eloquent song about wanting to bang your professor regardless of if they're a guy or girl. 😂

I kid, the song is great. It used to be the longest song in Smash Ultimate before Sephiroth arrived. Of course I'm also a fan of the Smash version for how intense it can get:

There are way too many other Three Houses songs I could put and also way too many other vocal FE songs I could list as well. I guess I could offer my favorite 3H remixes (and their originals) from the Fire Emblem Premium Arrange II album. TECHNICALLY they are still video game songs because they appeared in Fire Emblem Heroes. These songs and the rest of the album were originally going to be played live at Fire Emblem Expo II but then…Covid happened……

This particular song arrangement is just so damn good it convinced me to buy the CD itself:

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Ah yes, the most beautiful and eloquent song about wanting to bang your professor regardless of if they're a guy or girl. 😂

I kid, the song is great. It used to be the longest song in Smash Ultimate before Sephiroth arrived. Of course I'm also a fan of the Smash version for how intense it can get:

There are way too many other Three Houses songs I could put and also way too many other vocal FE songs I could list as well. I guess I could offer my favorite 3H remixes (and their originals) from the Fire Emblem Premium Arrange II album. TECHNICALLY they are still video game songs because they appeared in Fire Emblem Heroes. These songs and the rest of the album were originally going to be played live at Fire Emblem Expo II but then…Covid happened……

Finally, I was getting worry that you didn't post anything about TH, I even thought you were a skinwalker, but surprisingly you didn't post the magic chant which enhanced Nemesis

Although, speaking about Fire Emblem, I think it's time to bring out Awakening, it was the first great FE's OST after Holy War.

For those who played in Lunatic now I'm causing a horrendous flashback.

EDIT: I've already talked about Holy War, so fuck it.

EDIT 2: I remembered this one, so fuck it x2.

Last edited:
Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
Man I've always wanted to play Xenosaga. Everything about it, from the art-direction to the music, to the pretentious german sub-title and the mecha motif, it just all seems to indicate that I'd love the game lol

I tried to play Xenosaga on the ps2 emulator, long ago. It was playable but full of bugs.

I suppose the emulator might have improved by now. I haven't tried.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
EDIT: I've already talked about Holy War, so fuck it.

I personally haven't played Genealogy because I suck at emulating. All of my knowledge of it comes from absorbing lore from Heroes. I really hope the rumored upcoming FE remake on the way is of this game because Uprising in Agustria is indeed a very lovely song. Premium Arrange II even made a vocal version sung by the lady who did Persona 3's Mass Destruction.

Finally, I was getting worry that you didn't post anything about TH, I even thought you were a skinwalker, but surprisingly you didn't post the magic chant which enhanced Nemesis
Ofc I couldn't forget God Shattering Star! Was just saving it for later since this site only allows a certain number of link embeds. Have you heard the metal version sung by Claude's actual voice actor? 😂

Personally A Funeral of Flowers might be my favorite final boss theme of 3H if only because it subverts the usual trend with Fire Emblem themes and makes the battle version sound calmer than the map theme.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Wow somebody actually puts Spire first instead of Temporal Tower. Both good but I also always preferred Temporal Spire. I just really love the clock sounds and 14 year old me was mind blown that a song could do that. This theme got me through so many exams that I studied for ever since it came out in 2008.

Since we're on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorer of Time/Darkness/Sky, might as well post some of my favorites from there:

^just to prove how superior Spire is even though Tower is amazing too.

nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
Wow somebody actually puts Spire first instead of Temporal Tower. Both good but I also always preferred Temporal Spire. I just really love the clock sounds and 14 year old me was mind blown that a song could do that. This theme got me through so many exams that I studied for ever since it came out in 2008.

Since we're on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorer of Time/Darkness/Sky, might as well post some of my favorites from there:

^just to prove how superior Spire is even though Tower is amazing too.

The whole soundtrack is wonderful. Out of every Pokemon game I played I'm pretty confident in calling Explorers of Sky my favorite. I've played it over and over again so many times. These are some more of the songs that I liked the most:

https://youtu.be/7jaBUPBJ9DM

https://youtu.be/6XMgmuK8ldE

https://youtu.be/sFkhJMg-lwM

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I personally haven't played Genealogy because I suck at emulating. All of my knowledge of it comes from absorbing lore from Heroes. I really hope the rumored upcoming FE remake on the way is of this game because Uprising in Agustria is indeed a very lovely song. Premium Arrange II even made a vocal version sung by the lady who did Persona 3's Mass Destruction.

Really? It is easy to emulate SNES both on mobile or PC, if one day you want to play Holy War, I can explain it to you, it's simple. Although being honest, you don't miss out thaaaaaat much, its story and lore are great, one of the best on the SNES without a doubt, but when it comes to gameplay... Its skills system, rings and repairable weapons distinguish it quite a bit, but... Did you play Binding Blade? Ya know, Roy's game, a problem sometimes arose was the maps size, which rendered certain units useless and made it monotonous to move around in a few areas, Holy War is much worse in that regard, every map size is exaggerated and all are carried out outdoors, so there's not variety of area, at least when you compare it to Tellius, Elibe, Magvel or Fodlan. That aspect was greatly improved in Thrarcia.

Did Yumi Kawamura participate in FE? I have to search more FE arrangements, she has a spectacular voice, her work with Lotus Juice in some pieces from P3 was spectacular.
Ofc I couldn't forget God Shattering Star! Was just saving it for later since this site only allows a certain number of link embeds. Have you heard the metal version sung by Claude's actual voice actor? 😂

But of course, he's done so many things regarding FE that it's hard not to know about at least one, I loved his cover... Hell, he's VA, writer, businessman, cosplayer, streamer, showman, musician... Is there something he doesn't do? I would love to have a husband like him hahaha.
Personally A Funeral of Flowers might be my favorite final boss theme of 3H if only because it subverts the usual trend with Fire Emblem themes and makes the battle version sound calmer than the map theme.

I also loved it, I much prefer God Shattering Star or Apex of the World, when I had the opportunity to play TH Silver Snow was the only route I didn't finish.

I forgot to mention this theme, it makes me laugh, a girl dressed as Pachirisu has such an imposing theme, Taylor was... Complicated, at least in max Colosseum Level, I have more respect for her than the Battle Frontier, 'cuz how she cornered my ultimate team in gen 4, it didn't matter I had the maximum Trainer Card level in Pkm Platinum.

Last edited:
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Not really, sorry. So here's one.

Definitely adding to the arcade style, great. King of Fighters never got revered as Tekken or even Mortal Kombat, yet it's the best arcade fighting game, even if still stuck in the 90's. At least it has a truly arcade style. I was disappointed the OVA or however it's called gave vague details and a complete storyline didn't unfold.

Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Definitely adding to the arcade style, great. King of Fighters never got revered as Tekken or even Mortal Kombat, yet it's the best arcade fighting game, even if still stuck in the 90's. At least it has a truly arcade style. I was disappointed the OVA or however it's called gave vague details and a complete storyline didn't unfold.

Tekken 3 & 5 are my favorite FGs when it comes to games I've actually played in an arcade, but KOF is definitely the best in that format, mainly because the fights were 3 on 3 with longer "rounds" than tag games, more content for the same price in each run hahahaha.

KoF is a relevant franchise, but it is not as loved in english speaking communities, in japanese, spanish and french communities in which I have been it's much more popular, maybe your perception is due to that, damn it, even when Terry was announced in Smash most people saying "literaly who" were english speakers, however I think KoF suffer a lot from a bad streak 2003, Neo Wave, KoF XII, of course, many other FG sagas had shitty titles around that time, Soulcalibur or Street Fighter are exemples, but there weren't that many also, SF fans suffer from Stockholm syndrome due to Capcom's horrendous practices.

Anyway, better not get off topic... I love Kyo's themes in NESTS saga!

Reactions: lobster salad
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Really? It is easy to emulate SNES both on mobile or PC, if one day you want to play Holy War, I can explain it to you, it's simple. Although being honest, you don't miss out thaaaaaat much, its story and lore are great, one of the best on the SNES without a doubt, but when it comes to gameplay... Its skills system, rings and repairable weapons distinguish it quite a bit, but... Did you play Binding Blade? Ya know, Roy's game, a problem sometimes arose was the maps size, which rendered certain units useless and made it monotonous to move around in a few areas, Holy War is much worse in that regard, every map size is exaggerated and all are carried out outdoors, so there's not variety of area, at least when you compare it to Tellius, Elibe, Magvel or Fodlan. That aspect was greatly improved in Thrarcia.
I think I managed to play Sacred Stones but I don't remember if I ever finished it. I'd love to play the other GBA games, Thracia, Genealogy, and Tellius games as well if they ever get remade like Gaiden someday. Basically the only games I've played were Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates, Echoes, Heroes, Warriors, and Three Houses.

Did Yumi Kawamura participate in FE? I have to search more FE arrangements, she has a spectacular voice, her work with Lotus Juice in some pieces from P3 was spectacular.
She performed all of the vocal songs in Premium Arrange II as well as three from the first Premium Arrange album so 5 total.They're all amazing to listen to imo:

• Love
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I think I managed to play Sacred Stones but I don't remember if I ever finished it. I'd love to play the other GBA games, Thracia, Genealogy, and Tellius games as well if they ever get remade like Gaiden someday. Basically the only games I've played were Shadow Dragon, Awakening, Fates, Echoes, Heroes, Warriors, and Three Houses.

On Wii U/3DS all localized FEs were in the eShop so I guess on Switch too, that would be an option though I wouldn't give Remakes much hope the most likely is Holy War along with Thrarcia and if IS give them an Echos treatment... Well, it will be the same with a better art and music, but the gameplay will be just as tiresome at times. If possible, no one should miss creating legendary weapons in Radiant Dawn, fear the power of the almighty worn iron lance :P.
She performed all of the vocal songs in Premium Arrange II as well as three from the first Premium Arrange album so 5 total.They're all amazing to listen to imo:

Thanks for making the compilation! To be honest I loved them a lot, I never paid much attention to official FE arrangements so their quality was surprising.

Uhm... I've already posted a lot about FE and I don't have anything new to say about it either, I could post the entire Awakening OST for that matter, but no... It's better to present something not so seen here.

Reports of a goovy werehog arrived- wait don't turn on those shitty alarms the music is already fantastic.

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
On Wii U/3DS all localized FEs were in the eShop so I guess on Switch too, that would be an option though I wouldn't give Remakes much hope the most likely is Holy War along with Thrarcia and if IS give them an Echos treatment... Well, it will be the same with a better art and music, but the gameplay will be just as tiresome at times. If possible, no one should miss creating legendary weapons in Radiant Dawn, fear the power of the almighty worn iron lance :P.
Honestly as long as the music is good, I'm willing to tolerate anything since I'm likely gonna be playing on Casual anyway. 😛

Thanks for making the compilation! To be honest I loved them a lot, I never paid much attention to official FE arrangements so their quality was surprising.
You're welcome! I do wish Fire Emblem Expo could still have gone on so we could have had more albums from last year and this year as well. I have a lot I could still post from other official arrangements albums too.

Reports of a goovy werehog arrived- wait don't turn on those shitty alarms the music is already fantastic.

Can't forget all the Day themes as well!

Cool Edge had a really neat remix in Team Sonic Racing as well. That's another game I could spam post here someday. 😅

• Love
I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
I'll just post 3 from 3 games, I have too many favourites.

• Wow
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Honestly as long as the music is good, I'm willing to tolerate anything since I'm likely gonna be playing on Casual anyway. 😛
Nah, don't worry about it, Holy War is pathetically easy, Ayra with the right setup can attack 20 times per round and Shanam can reach 100% evasion most of the time, let's not talk about Sigurd, you throw Valflame at him and he doesn't even flinch.

Personally I couldn't stand Valentia, I ended up selling it, I didn't like those simplified systems or those outdated Gaiden maps, after all I play the game for that very reason, the playable aspect, although its OST was beautiful

Those quotes at the final map were epic.
Can't forget all the Day themes as well!

Cool Edge had a really neat remix in Team Sonic Racing as well. That's another game I could spam post here someday. 😅

I loved them too, but not as much as the night ones, although their folkloric touch is sick... Man I'm still salty Unleashed hasn't been ported to PC or PS4, I want to play it at 60fps!

Now two buddies are going to put to sleep with a kick in the ass the very incarnation of darkness.

Hey let's make a deal, you spam the american version of Sonic CD and I'll do the same with the japanese version haha.

Talking about Sega... Disclaimer: No real Yakuza were harmed during the production of this episode.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc