• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Hey everyone.
I hope you are all well (as well as can be expected for a person who is planning to suicide as most of us are).
I would like to know if some of you have had any experience with Sertraline as an antidepressant in treating Major Depressive Disorder, anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder type of thing.
Did it help you stay more calm in tense social interactions and stay more positive or nope?
I have heard some people on reddit saying that it completely changed their lives and "killed" their anxiety and depression as soon as it reached the max effect of the meds (generally 4 weeks, i think), while some people say that the side effects were intolerable and gave up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

crimea_river

crimea_river

Experienced
May 27, 2019
I used to take Sertraline for anxiety disorder and in my experience, it helped with general anxiety.

In turn that made me feel more positive, as the panic attacks were certainly making me depressed, I was receiving counselling at the time though, so not sure if I could say Sertraline was totally responsible for improving the anxiety.

I personally felt more fatigued whilst taking it and had to slowly reduce to come off of it.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I was on it for a few months, I didn't really get any benefit from it. Different people respond differently to SSRI's, they can be a hit or a miss and it can be a matter of finding the one that works for you.
There's no harm in trying them, maybe they will do you good.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Sertraline was amazing for me
After trying numerous of meds, I am somewhat glad that was the case for you. I just started taking them again since it's much milder than Prozac. I can't really tell if it's helping me but since I've been feeling worse as soon as I wake up, I take 50 mg of it and it kinda helps block the thoughts. It does numb me out where I feel brain fog so it's a given. I don't know if it contributes but I've been on edge a lot lately when I feel dreadful and that's when I take some clonazapam in case I get anxiety creeping in.

Reactions: Darkhaven
Nutcase

Nutcase

Feb 10, 2019
It didn't do anything for me, negative or positive. I'm not sure that a lot of these drugs aren't mainly just placebos, not that I would know for certain though. I've lost interest in trying new meds, maybe its wrong of me to feel like that but I just haven't felt anything from the three I've tried.

Last edited:
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
Hi Darkhaven. I hope you're well too.
I've tried several different SSRIs, including sertraline, and the only one that ever had any beneficial effect at all (and it may have just been a placebo effect) was citalopram. It only worked in the short-term though, and I believe it actually made my anxiety much worse in the long-term. I also can't get off it, because the withdrawal symptoms are literally unbearable. It's for these reasons that I advise anyone considering taking psychotropic meds for anxiety/depression to do so only as a last resort.

You may wish to have a look at this thread before making any decisions:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/anybody-else-a-victim-of-psychiatry.8048/

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Zoloft was a miracle drug for me. Here is one instance I remember that illustrates the social effects that Sertraline had on me. I started taking Zoloft in college, where i was one of a few students who had a car. People were always asking me for rides places, and I felt compelled to take them -- even though I would be so angry about the time I had spent chauffeuring people around. After about two weeks on Zoloft, one of my dorm-mates asked me to take her to the mall, and without even thinking -- as if some alter ego was doing the talking -- I responded, "You know, So-and-So, today's really not a good day for me, I'm sorry."

I'd never been able to decline a ride request so effortlessly before. And, my calm, diplomatic response shocked me because it was so unlike anything I'd ever said before. The words just came out. Also, I ran track in college, and my racing times improved. I was no longer afraid to give it "all I had," and I ran faster. Also, Sertraline was amazing at nipping in the bud some OCD symptoms I'd developed RE: food.

sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I was on sertraline at 50mg a day from January onwards and personally, it didn't make a difference on me at least.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Hey everyone.
I hope you are all well (as well as can be expected for a person who is planning to suicide as most of us are).
I would like to know if some of you have had any experience with Sertraline as an antidepressant in treating Major Depressive Disorder, anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder type of thing.
Did it help you stay more calm in tense social interactions and stay more positive or nope?
I have heard some people on reddit saying that it completely changed their lives and "killed" their anxiety and depression as soon as it reached the max effect of the meds (generally 4 weeks, i think), while some people say that the side effects were intolerable and gave up.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I have a diagnosis of MDD, PD, GAD, PTSD, and sleep disorder NOS. Here is some of my experience and tips. Feel free to message me about medications I have taken quite a few of them.
I use to take Zoloft which is sertraline I believe? I had a Genomind test done to find which medications work with my genetics, and body. I was switched to Lexapro which was much better for me. It all really depends on your body. I was going to try Rexulti for my atypical antipsychotic until I got to the pharmacy and it was $1.4k for a month supply so I went from Abilify<horrible experience> to Gedon. Gedon has some negative effect still but I think all atypical antipsychotic medications have negatives. Gedon had the least negatives for me I was taking either 60mg or 80mg if Gedon twice a day. I need all my medications back Gedon, Propranolol, Prazosin, Depakote ER, Trazodone, and Lexapro. I might have been on more than that but that is all I can remember. I want and need my meds back. :(

Reactions: Darkhaven
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It was probably one of the least problematic drugs I've been on but even so, it put me in a state where I probably would have walked out the front door with no clothes on and not even realized it, I feel it took away any self-awareness. And I'm someone who needs to have as much control as possible, I want to be aware of myself and my surroundings.
Even if it causes me distress, I don't want to be blind.
I wouldn't go back on it.
Im already unattractive, I didn't want to start going out in public with an eyebrow shaved off and a streak of ketchup down my neck. It seems to blunt inhibitions and make you "not care" as much, but in a foreign "not you" kind of way.
..I know as my situation got worse, those effects dipped dramatically, but I would still never go back on it just in case.

A pro was that it didn't seem to stifle my imagination like anti-psychotics did. It didn't completely lock me out of my own head.
And it didn't cause any negative physical side effects.
The only thing is, when some moronic staff at a psych ward took me off it cold turkey-among whatever else I was on-it was an absolute disaster. I was completely miserable on another level, incapacitated, withdrawal symptoms that I didn't realize were withdrawal (because the staff there told me it was impossible to have withdrawal from psych meds!)
So even though it is supposedly slow to work and build up, if you miss a day or two, it will hit you. Once you're on, you've got to taper off slowly if you want to get off it.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
It was probably one of the least problematic drugs I've been on but even so, it put me in a state where I probably would have walked out the front door with no clothes on and not even realized it, I feel it took away any self-awareness. And I'm someone who needs to have as much control as possible, I want to be aware of myself and my surroundings.
Even if it causes me distress, I don't want to be blind.
I wouldn't go back on it.
Im already unattractive, I didn't want to start going out in public with an eyebrow shaved off and a streak of ketchup down my neck. It seems to blunt inhibitions and make you "not care" as much, but in a foreign "not you" kind of way.
..I know as my situation got worse, those effects dipped dramatically, but I would still never go back on it just in case.

A pro was that it didn't seem to stifle my imagination like anti-psychotics did. It didn't completely lock me out of my own head.
And it didn't cause any negative physical side effects.
The only thing is, when some moronic staff at a psych ward took me off it cold turkey-among whatever else I was on-it was an absolute disaster. I was completely miserable on another level, incapacitated, withdrawal symptoms that I didn't realize were withdrawal (because the staff there told me it was impossible to have withdrawal from psych meds!)
So even though it is supposedly slow to work and build up, if you miss a day or two, it will hit you. Once you're on, you've got to taper off slowly if you want to get off it.
Oh yes I forgot to add that I was forced off all my medications at the same time. I am still having issues from it 3 months later. It has damaged me further since I was forced off them due to no insurance or money to get prescriptions. It is a NIGHTMARE to cold turkey off psychiatric medications even 3 months later.