• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Another severe side effect of medicine designed for epilepsy but Doctors in their infinite wisdom used it for bipolar and low moods.

Cheers

Geo

• Wow
Reactions: aneurysm
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
First of all, it's more correct to call Lamictal a mood stabilizer than an antidepressant. Psychiatrists are very well aware of this risk and that's why Lamictal is introduced gradually (at least in my country). What's described in the article only happens to 0.04 % of all users. I think this is yellow journalism, to use an American term.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
My description above is correct it is prescribed for Epilepsy and they used it for other treatments, I bet she wasn't told of any side effects, especially first degree burns.

Cheers

Geo

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
My description above is correct it is prescribed for Epilepsy and they used it for other treatments,

Yes, it's prescribed for epilepsy and bipolar disorder.

I bet she wasn't told of any side effects, especially first degree burns.

That might very well be the case. They informed me quite thoroughly about the risks, but I very much doubt that's standard procedure. In fact, I think it might be quite rare.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Every medicine I have received in the UK not a word about side effects, not even risperidone what fucked me up and ruined my life.

I'm sorry to hear that. :notsure: When you think about it, it's surreal, really. I bet that they inform patients better when it comes to physical illnesses; mental illnesses are not treated with the same respect. Have you considered taking legal action?

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Skin burn?! What the...! Do they even test those medicines before selling them?! I feel so sorry for her. It's so wrong that she seeks help for her mental pain, and gets rewarded with physical pain along with more mental pain.

Every medicine I have received in the UK not a word about side effects, not even risperidone what fucked me up and ruined my life.

Cheers

Geo
I'm really sorry. I hope your brains are able to still recover with time. Doctors really should be filled with their own crap. It's funny how the same doctors who have no problem filling even minors with tons of crap are the same doctors who'd never try it on themselves. A chef must taste his own food, a doc must taste her own meds.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I actually thought this was SJS. Why a doctor would neglect to inform their patients of such side effects is beyond me. Smh.

Lamictal seems like it can be pretty effective, but as Sensei says, it must be introduced very slowly. SJS is no joke. Still, I don't think it's as scary as some other meds tbh.

reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
I was terrified of this when I was first put on it. Necrotic skin should not be a common symptom of a popular drug. I eased into though and it's all good. You'll know early on if it's bad.

Reactions: Chinchilla