• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Cake or death?

• Cake please

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Death!

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Purple

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Wait...there are more choices???

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Swiss Fucking Cheese

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018

Saw above on r/2meirl4meirl.
When taking into regard all who say this, I think it's slightly subjective to want to die "correctly". Just in case: please note that in certain instances [IMO it's mostly clear if context is taken into account], my use of parentheses is.
If we agree that wanting to die "correctly" = you want to die EVEN when you're in the midst of pleasant/euphoric moments then yeah, most suicidal people everywhere really are not doing it "correctly".

Many (of you here) I know have conditions of sadism (CRPS, tinnitus, etc etc) so maybe only identify with above if, starting from the 3rd line, it said something to the effect of "I want to stop having and never again will have a condition that leaves me "wanting to die".
The general suicidal person today wants to die as long as their debilitating condition (that isn't being satisfactorily treated/addressed) persists.
So...it's basically the pervasive BAD conditions of life. Given the right/good pervasive ones (that come along) from chance/whatever, your will/consciousness is very much prolife and you'll probably buy into "the good does outweigh the bad".
I have seen on here and elsewhere in cyberspace that people will emphatically live if their predicament went away.

A person "correctly" wants to die when s/he is still very much experiencing joy despite the myriad hardships and thinks, "That was nice and I'm sure something similarly pleasant will happen again and I look forward to it! I still rather die/not exist."
-Watched a great movie: "Nice! Rather die/not exist."
-Had a very nice meal with good talk and drink: "Nice! Rather die/not exist."
-Endorphin high from regular exercise: "Nice! Rather die/not exist."
You get the idea.

I'm not marginalizing anyone or saying you, fellow suicidal, NEED to adopt this view or else I think you're fake or whatever.
If you want to die, that's it. It can be for any reason (no reason is a reason).
I'm just defining an minority among minorities. The closest I can identify my thoughts to is efilism. Please note the link's 2nd definition regarding the right to choose.

I'll be self-centered for a moment and say that what is interesting is that I'm this extreme in my pessimism despite not having suffered "as much" as many of you here or just in general.

I haven't worried about money, dealt with addiction, been raped, viciously bullied, stuck with any kind of persistent pain, whatever.
Do I worry about a suicide bombers (certain Islamic countries), rocket attacks (Israel), or extermination (Rohinga)? Nope!
I am OUTRAGEOUSLY privileged.

So what does that say about this superfluous ephemeral existence ("God", I hope this is it...)? You don't need to go through the absolute worst to in order to roughly re-create the worst.

Fuck ALL existence. Push that button.

Also, sorry.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
That post you quote is just the stereotypical "cry for help"

People used to try to shame me out of suicidality when I was a kid by screaming about all the people suffering more than me.
All it did was make me more suicidal to see how this world generates and glorifies suffering. The fact that people think others' suffering should make me feel good makes me feel horrible. Especially knowing how much suffering my own country is responsible for.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
One way to emphatically take my predicament away, catch my bus, correctly or otherwise.

I honestly have no idea what this post is generally in relation to, its way over my head. I fail to see what is correct or incorrect about suicide. Unless someone has invented time travel that I am unaware of, this all seems rather irrelevant.

Reactions: NemoZeno and RM5998
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018
I honestly have no idea what this post is generally in relation to, its way over my head. I fail to see what is correct or incorrect about suicide. Unless someone has invented time travel that I am unaware of, this all seems rather irrelevant.

You're good. I think it's way over my head: when I type walls of text like this online, there's always at least a couple of people who have no idea what I'm going about.

So you know...more of a reason for me to kill myself: I suck at communicating.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
So you wanna explain to this dumb fuck? Its not your communication that is at fault I can assure you of that.

Reactions: NemoZeno
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018
Want to? Not really since, like most here, I'm chronically tired physically which kills motivation.

Based on the responses so far relative to the views (2 replies to 113ish view before I responded), it's quite clear whatever I had to say didn't matter. Which isn't exactly self-loathing: many if not all things don't matter.

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
No worries, I get tired, man do I get tired. Not get tired, I mean, yeah, I understand it only too well. Most things dont matter in the grand scheme of things, whatever that may or may not be. Everything I say is totally irrelevant and it really does not matter at all that it is. I say it anyway :wink:

Reactions: Scribble Fan
irrelevant_string

irrelevant_string

Student
Jun 16, 2019
I'd say, once somebody has already come to existence, it's in their interest to continue to exist unless the existence brings more pain than the process of ceasing to exist would(by their judgement).
This isn't contradictory to the claim that no amount of good outweighs the bad( I agree with that), because it isn't the good outweighing the bad, it is a subjective account of the "less bad + some good" outweighing the "more bad".
It is especially hard to separate the thought of non-existence from the thought of dying from a personal perspective, which peehaps explains why the kind of people you describe are so rare.
Well, actually even if it were as simple as pressing a button most people wouldn't do it. There would probably have to be either present suffering or constant awareness of potential future suffering for that. Reason isn't the driver of human behaviour after all.

Now if you say "even if I do get to experience the pleasure of eating this cupcake, it would still be better if I never came to existence", I'd agree. No amount of pleasure a being can experience justifies bringing that being into existence, especially since it also inevitably suffers but even if that weren't the case, at least at the point of creating that being I would still consider it a neutral and not a positive.

That makes me an antinatalist.
I do wish I had never been born even on good days.
And I say that without having suffered "as much" as many people here.

Sorry, I know it's all really incoherent, I'm not the best communicator myself, plus it's late and I can't sleep even after taking sleeping pills.