• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mutilateme

Mutilateme

Oct 31, 2023
I decided to hurt myself today. The cut wasn't especially bad. It wasn't the worst I've ever done. But seeing the wound open more and more I began to have this feeling of anxiety wash over me. Next thing I knew I was hitting my head on things and unable to stand. I wasn't hearing correctly and I began to feel very nauseous. I laid on my bathroom floor and listened to the water (my shower was on) until I was able to get back up.

I've never had an experience like that before. I've had panic attacks. My first one made me unable to, move, speak, see, and hear. I remember feeling as if I had to throw up. But this was like something else. I've gotten that anxiety before from cutting myself, but today it really went all out.

It's beginning to make me question if what I thought was anxiety before was really that bad or even anxiety at all. Kinda is making me feel as if I was playing it all for attention and I didn't even notice. Strangely humbling experience.

What do you guys think? I know it's definitely hard to get a definite answer because well, you guys aren't me. But I'd still like to try. I'm always trying to improve myself and if I've just been overreacting this entire time then I think I gotta make some changes.

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I had a similar experience but not to the same degree. I just got a cast and stitches removed from my left forearm and wrist (cyst removal from wrist) and I noticed how much my arm had atrophied compared to my other arm. A wave of worry came over me and I was going to pass out had I not immediately squatted and found my bearings on the ground. Was ok after a few minutes and after getting some sugar.
I'm no medical expert so I'm not sure what it was. Almost like an intense worry that overtook everything at that moment.

Reactions: Mutilateme
R

rizleechboy

Oct 13, 2023
I get really faint around needles and lots of blood. It sounds like you may have lost consciousness momentarily? Or at least, almost lost consciousnesses. When I start fainting, my vision gets spots, my hearing goes out as you described, I become nauseous, it's difficult to move. It really does sound like syncope to me. It's definitely different from anxiety because your vision and hearing start going out. I've never had that from anxiety alone, only with circumstances when I start feeling faint. I don't think it undermines your anxiety, it just means you have a certain fainting response. It's an involuntary physical thing, for me at least, generally unrelated to any psychological thing.

Last edited:
cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
I decided to hurt myself today. The cut wasn't especially bad. It wasn't the worst I've ever done. But seeing the wound open more and more I began to have this feeling of anxiety wash over me. Next thing I knew I was hitting my head on things and unable to stand. I wasn't hearing correctly and I began to feel very nauseous. I laid on my bathroom floor and listened to the water (my shower was on) until I was able to get back up.

I've never had an experience like that before. I've had panic attacks. My first one made me unable to, move, speak, see, and hear. I remember feeling as if I had to throw up. But this was like something else. I've gotten that anxiety before from cutting myself, but today it really went all out.

It's beginning to make me question if what I thought was anxiety before was really that bad or even anxiety at all. Kinda is making me feel as if I was playing it all for attention and I didn't even notice. Strangely humbling experience.

What do you guys think? I know it's definitely hard to get a definite answer because well, you guys aren't me. But I'd still like to try. I'm always trying to improve myself and if I've just been overreacting this entire time then I think I gotta make some changes.
i dont think its a u thing, ive def heard of other people having similar reactions on r/mos
vasovagal syncope i think (?), its like ur body gets scared and ur blood pressure drops
i dont think its u overreacting, its just like ur bodys instinctual reaction

Reactions: Mutilateme
Mutilateme

Mutilateme

Oct 31, 2023
i dont think its a u thing, ive def heard of other people having similar reactions on r/mos
vasovagal syncope i think (?), its like ur body gets scared and ur blood pressure drops
i dont think its u overreacting, its just like ur bodys instinctual reaction

I appreciate the response! Think I'm just getting up in my own head about it? Was thinking they had some connections but were different things. Thought it'd be better for me to ask first to get a better understanding. Also I appreciate the source!
I get really faint around needles and lots of blood. It sounds like you may have lost consciousness momentarily? Or at least, almost lost consciousnesses. When I start fainting, my vision gets spots, my hearing goes out as you described, I become nauseous, it's difficult to move. It really does sound like syncope to me. It's definitely different from anxiety because your vision and hearing start going out. I've never had that from anxiety alone, only with circumstances when I start feeling faint. I don't think it undermines your anxiety, it just means you have a certain fainting response. It's an involuntary physical thing, for me at least, generally unrelated to any psychological thing.
It was definitely an experience for sure! I've had panic attacks with similar symptoms so I kinda was connecting dots but you're likely right. While there was definitely anxiety this could be attributed to something else other than a panic attack. Thanks for the response. I always appreciate different outlooks on my thoughts and opinions :)

Reactions: cantthinkofusername