• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ob La Dee

Ob La Dee

Aug 4, 2021
I came very close to ctb-ing last week. I ordered the sodium nitrite and kitchen scale from Amazon. I learned that one of the psych meds I'm on acts as an antiemetic so I didn't have to worry about puking up the SN after drinking it. I was planning on going to a cheap motel and just getting it over with. I made arrangements with another SS member to observe me while I ctb'ed. I wrote a lengthy note to my five children and posted it here.

It was while reading through the thread where I posted the note to my children that I changed my mind. I signed myself into a hospital instead. While this didn't solve all the problems that still haunt me, it helped to get a breather in a safe place for a week.

I still have everything I need to ctb if I choose to and I find a strange comfort in that. I really don't know where I'm going with this message, I just thought I'd contribute to the recovery section since that is what I'm trying to do after this close call. Thanks for giving me a place to share.

Last edited:
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
I'm happy you're giving it another shot. Sending you all my love and support.

• Love
Reactions: Ob La Dee
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Have you ordered nitrAte or nitrIte? The first one is useless. Take care and good luck.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I understand how it must be comforting knowing you have a way out of this life just in case. It sounds like you have been through a lot, I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Ob La Dee
Ob La Dee

Ob La Dee

Aug 4, 2021
Have you ordered nitrAte or nitrIte? The first one is useless. Take care and good luck.
Nitrite, that was a typo. Believe me I did my research and I know exactly what I'm doing although I've changed my mind for the time being.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
C

Cronetappingout

Feb 13, 2020
Good for you. Sending hugs. As a mom I feel you. My kid is my reason to live. Some people say that living for others is a bad thing to do but I disagree. I have been living for others my whole life. Living for me isnt enough. And I am ok with that. I couldn't put the people I love through the trauma of a suicide. My kid lost someone to suicide. It fucked her up and fucked me up bad knowing how I have been suicidal my whole life off and on.
Hugs to you I hope you can find a new happy space in your life. That is all we can do is rebuild again. Sometimes bad things happen and we rebuild again.

Reactions: Flare
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I hope you are o...really
I always kept a complete exit method to hand but the second it was gone....i'm downing everything in the house
It does seem to act as a reassurance
I remember telling my daughter and her in teas and feeling fucking terrible

brainpain2

brainpain2

Student
Sep 16, 2019
Congrats on making it another week and giving it another try for your kids.

M

mossyfox

Student
Aug 4, 2021
I found it helped to look one day at a time and feel in control of my body and death. I feel like that helps stay around for kids, ironically.