• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

BlablaMan

Feb 18, 2024
Hello! This is my first post, also, I'm sorry, but this will be a bit long so bear with me.

I'm a 22 years old guy from a decently poor country from the south-west of Central Europe. About 3 years ago I lost my mother after she battled heart problems for a while. All I had left was my father (who was always cold towards me, unlike my mother who was always warm and taught me affection and how to love) and my grandma (my mom's mother, who had a a stroke 7+ years ago and talks nonesense all the time because of it and she is hard to deal with most of the time).
I started going to university again after dropping the first year, because I couldn't stand the distance from my home. I started university mostly because of my parents pushing me to be "better than them". In my life I was never in a relationship. I was interested in girls, but not to the point where I would even think about making a move, it was mostly, "yeah, she is cute, has a nice personality etc." but nothing more. In my second year of uni a classmate started talking with a new girl in uni and he started asking for advice because she was a gamer and he wasn't, so I had more knowledge than him. After a few days he decided that I should start talking to her, which I wasn't interested at all in. After a lot of pressure I decided to try to message her. At first she was very cold, but slowly we warmed to each other, but only as gamer buddies, since again, wasn't interested in a relationship. One day she called me, which was a bit odd since we were mostly talking at uni or texting. She started crying and told me more about her life. Her mom has an illiness that slowly affects her brain, to the point where she is talking slow and moves even slower and it's only getting worse with time. She told me that because of all her life problems she started cutting herself. At that point something clicked in my brain and I decided that I have to take care of this girl no matter what, because I knew what she was going through. With time we grew very close and we began having a relationship. I found out about another big problem. She had a long distance ex, about 15 years older than her, that after they dated in secret and she decided to break up, started threatening her for the past 2 years without anyone knowing. It took a while to give her enough courage to threaten him back with the police, but she managed to do it. Sadly because it was my first relationship and her first "healthy" relationship, we were getting in a lot of fights, mostly from childish reasons, but the main one, her being very cold compared to me. I'm anxious attachement and she is avoidant, so while I was trying to solve problems she was distancing herself. After a few months she broke up with because she said she feels numb to everything and that she started cutting herself again. When we broke up I was still in very good relationships with her parents and I was afraid her ex would come back to threaten her when he finds out we broke up, so I made the stupid decision of talking with her dad about it. He thanked me and promised to not tell her. Two weeks later she messaged me and we started talking again and soon after we made up, but something was clearly wrong. She was always scared when we would go out, always oposing to changing plans. For example if we were at a restaurant and I said we should go get icecream or coffee at another place after, she would say that her dad doesn't know and wouldn't be ok. After about a month of this I couldn't keep lying to her and told her the truth, that I talked with her dad. Turns out her dad insulted her, interrogated her to find every little detail about the ex, told her that he is spying on her phone and so much more. A few days later she broke up with me because she couldn't trust me anymore. I fell into a big depression, I started going to therapy to try not to CTB. At some point I started working out, taking care of what I eat, dressing better, being more social, I made a big group of friends I would have outings every 1-2 weeks, either karting, airsoft, bbq etc. After about 8 months, for uni I had to do work practice at a local company of my choosing and despite knowing better I chose the company where her dad is working. I wasn't surprised that the only 2 people doing work practice there were me and her. Her dad welcomed me very warmly while she didn't even say hello. I kept doing my job and after 3 days I woke up with her at my desk with a sandwhich. She told me to eat, asked me how work is going, what I have to do etc. At this point I wasn't the same insecure, anxious guy so I managed to keep a normal conversation with her without thinking of us. We started hanging out more and more during the breaks. At some point she asks me if I wanna go on a holiday to Greece with her and her parents. I told her that we're not even together it would be weird. She said it wouldn't be weird, and fast forward 2 weeks later we're back togheter and everything is so much better. We were both more mature, she was warmer, even tho "I love you" was always out of her vocabulary. What I did wrong, was that I stopped going to therapy, slowly stopped working out, taking care of myself, because in my mind, I reached the secret objective, getting back into a relationship with her. Slowly that was our downfall. I kept being too possesive, I didn't give her enough space to breath, to do her own things, we would be all day together, no time for ourselves. Slowly my anxiety and insecurity came back tenfold. I started doubting she loves me, whenever I asked her if she is ok, I wouldn't believe her, I would say she is hiding something that is bothering her etc. The relationship got rocky, because I was like this and at the same time, she never told me directly what bothered her. All of these gathered until one day she asked to be just friends. At first I decided to stop working, stop going to uni and most likely CTB. Her dad "slapped me" to reality and I went ahead with us being just friends. I wasn't getting mad anymore, we were happier than before, or so I thought. After talking about getting back togheter multiple times she said she wasn't getting any space from me, it's the same as if we were in a relationship, spending every moment together. She left for holidays to her grandparents where she can't smoke, which is a big problem since she is a heavy smoker. I made the same mistake twice and I started talking with her dad in secret, to ask for advice on how I can be better. To me her dad was more of a dad to me than mine, that is why I went ahead to always ask him for advice. She found out and decided to cut contact completely. I tried talking to her in person a few times, but she was always mad and pushed me away. I deeply apologised, even though it didn't matter to her. At some point she told me that she feels so much more peace now that we are not talking anymore. Since then we did greet each other, tho 90% of the time she looked very mad. One day she made a joke since I had to get a signature from her for work, I joked back and that was the last interaction we had. She started hanging out with a female coworker, since she doesn't have friends and now without me she is all alone so she resides to work. She also started slowly removing me from all social medial (trying to do it without me noticing) so at some point I decided to go ahead and remove her from everywhere myself. It hurt. Since then I picked up a dance class with that female coworker. It helped a bit with my depression, but I'm slowly falling back into it. My therapist knows I have CTB thoughts, but what she doesn't know is that I already bought SN and it's ready to go at any moment. I wrote 2 letters, 1 to my ex and 1 to my dad, thanking them both for everything and not blaming any of them for it. I barely managed to pass my exams since I couldn't concentrate.
I don't know how to move on, she seems like she moved on so quickly and drowns herself in work, while I'm here going through all the dreams we had, about moving in together, getting married, being happy away from everything. All I want now is to somehow make things right, but I don't know what to do, I don't know how to talk with her. I'm tired of all the "you will find better", "an ex is an ex for a reason", "there is a lot of fish in the ocean" etc. At some point I even thought about tell her to run away with me, to move to another country, start over, without all the problems. Sometimes I'm so close to CBT, that I don't even care I don't have all the letters made.

I'm sorry for the long post, I hope better days come for everyone..

SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
Man I'm sorry you're going through this, reading your post I was surprised to see that your relationship and ex shared a lot of similarities with mine...I am in the same boat as you. It's been 5 months and I think about CTB every day so idk of I can give any advice without sounding like a hypocrite. I don't know if there will e better days so I just kind of accepted the idea that I might go ahead with suicide if she doesn't come back or I can get rid of the pain eating away at me. One can only hope for a happy ending for all of us.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Op, this is a lot to cover but I get the general idea of all this, I'm not sure how to say this but I don't think you need to ctb due to this, I know you cared a great deal about her and it definitely sounds like you still do but I don't think ctbing because of this is the right thing to do here, even if you do have SN on hand, ready to use but here's the problem

What if you did run off somewhere else with, can you honestly things would've been sustainable for a long period of time to where there won't be cracks visible between you and her?. I also noticed how you lost control of yourself and stopped all subsequent efforts at what got you better
What I did wrong, was that I stopped going to therapy, slowly stopped working out, taking care of myself, because in my mind, I reached the secret objective, getting back into a relationship with her. Slowly that was our downfall. I kept being too possesive, I didn't give her enough space to breath, to do her own things, we would be all day together, no time for ourselves. Slowly my anxiety and insecurity came back tenfold

It sounds to me like you want to ctb over the future you wanted with her that's now gone. I think you should hold off on ctb for now honestly, maybe find some kind of way to talk to her without letting onto your plan. I just think there's gotta be a better way than going for ctb as an option even though you're past that point and have acquired sn.

B

BlablaMan

Feb 18, 2024
It sounds to me like you want to ctb over the future you wanted with her that's now gone. I think you should hold off on ctb for now honestly, maybe find some kind of way to talk to her without letting onto your plan. I just think there's gotta be a better way than going for ctb as an option even though you're past that point and have acquired sn.
I'm not even sure how to talk with her. I want to avoid her dad at all costs now, because their relationship is very bad, but they are together all the time at work. What can I tell her, what can I do to make things right.. People tell me to move on, or to give her time, but she already seems to be moving on..
She was the one girl that gave me a purpose in life, the one who showed me that I also deserve happiness..
Man I'm sorry you're going through this, reading your post I was surprised to see that your relationship and ex shared a lot of similarities with mine...I am in the same boat as you. It's been 5 months and I think about CTB every day so idk of I can give any advice without sounding like a hypocrite. I don't know if there will e better days so I just kind of accepted the idea that I might go ahead with suicide if she doesn't come back or I can get rid of the pain eating away at me. One can only hope for a happy ending for all of us.
I'm sorry you are going through this too. Do you think there is no hope for you two to make up? There is so much bs about going no contact, that will attract an ex etc, but it doesn't always work. Maybe a talk will fix things or take slow steps towards working it out?

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I'm not even sure how to talk with her. I want to avoid her dad at all costs now, because their relationship is very bad, but they are together all the time at work. What can I tell her, what can I do to make things right.. People tell me to move on, or to give her time, but she already seems to be moving on..
She was the one girl that gave me a purpose in life, the one who showed me that I also deserve happiness..
I see, it's very hard losing someone who gave you something you didn't have before. This is a rather difficult situation and I'm not too sure what I'd even do but in any case, just hold onto that sn for now.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Hi!

Hmm, if you don't mind me saying... The dad seems to have your back more than the girl. Does he like mentoring you? Maybe he's the prize, not her?

You were first in a team with her. Hiding things from your teammate (he "promised to not tell her") indicates dysfunctional teamwork. If the dad's better, you dodged a bullet. But yeah, best trust no one with a confidant's secrets

When you ignored her, she warmed to you. This says a lot. I suggest it's time to alter your mindset, to one where gals like her are the byproduct — not the goal. Focus on your own things; let people come in & out of your life, like you're a company. Ironically, this may even maximize your chance of getting her back

Apparently your current mindset is getting you nowhere but the coffin, so makes sense to try something different. Consider the advisor Orion Taraban. (If you wish, rather more aggressive ones are: Casey Zander, Fresh&Fit, Alexander Grace)

For example, this might help you: give her the gift of your absence

With a girl who lacks high moral virtues, telling yourself this can turn you into a shell of a man: "I have to take care of this girl no matter what." Nononononono, this is poison except for unicorns. I know it's beautiful. But is she "taking care of you no matter what"? If not, does she deserve this level of care?

Excuse me if I misunderstood anything, or if you didn't want advice. Perhaps you might format your posts into paragraphs, to help us respond better?

SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
I'm sorry you are going through this too. Do you think there is no hope for you two to make up? There is so much bs about going no contact, that will attract an ex etc, but it doesn't always work. Maybe a talk will fix things or take slow steps towards working it out?
Honestly I'm not sure what to do, she's an avoidant and just like you are I never even heard a proper "I love you" from her, and now that we split she's stone cold. I talked to her on Valentine's day and she told me she's not sure whether she'll eventually change her mind about us never going back or not, I've no idea about attracting her back other than giving her time and improving myself, but given the amount of time that would take there's a big chance she could just find somebody else.

Raven2

Raven2

Experienced
Dec 1, 2022
Heartbreak is truly awful, when I separated from someone I was with for over a decade it took me about 18months to truly heal from it. Not saying it will take you that long. But your SN will last for a least a couple of years please dont be hasty and give yourself some time to heal from this. Also shes not really being fair on you saying she doesnt know if you'll get back together kinda leaving you hanging there. If I could've gone no contact with my ex then I wouldve done to make moving on easier.

Reactions: Kasumi
B

BlablaMan

Feb 18, 2024
Hi!

Hmm, if you don't mind me saying... The dad seems to have your back more than the girl. Does he like mentoring you? Maybe he's the prize, not her?

You were first in a team with her. Hiding things from your teammate (he "promised to not tell her") indicates dysfunctional teamwork. If the dad's better, you dodged a bullet. But yeah, best trust no one with a confidant's secrets

When you ignored her, she warmed to you. This says a lot. I suggest it's time to alter your mindset, to one where gals like her are the byproduct — not the goal. Focus on your own things; let people come in & out of your life, like you're a company. Ironically, this may even maximize your chance of getting her back

Apparently your current mindset is getting you nowhere but the coffin, so makes sense to try something different. Consider the advisor Orion Taraban. (If you wish, rather more aggressive ones are: Casey Zander, Fresh&Fit, Alexander Grace)

For example, this might help you: give her the gift of your absence

With a girl who lacks high moral virtues, telling yourself this can turn you into a shell of a man: "I have to take care of this girl no matter what." Nononononono, this is poison except for unicorns. I know it's beautiful. But is she "taking care of you no matter what"? If not, does she deserve this level of care?

Excuse me if I misunderstood anything, or if you didn't want advice. Perhaps you might format your posts into paragraphs, to help us respond better?
Sorry, I'm not a big forum guy, I'm still getting used to formatting. Her dad always had my side, he saw my potential, saw that I'm not one of those guys that want a relationship for the fun of it, he saw that I cared dearly for her. After the break up he even said that he wouldn't have stayed around for her like I did.
When we ignored each other she came back, maybe because she had no one to hang out with, no one to talk with. I know she needs someone there for her, but she goes into this hurtful independence where she decides she needs no one.
I know my mistakes and I'm working on being better, but as stupid as it sounds, I don't see why I should be better if not for her. I don't ever plan to have another relationship, she was the first and last, that's why I don't see a reason to live anymore. I'm acting normal everyday, going to work, uni, looking happy so I don't raise suspicions of me wanting to CTB.
I am looking for anything honestly, advice, scolding, ways to CTB, ways to talk to her again, a place to talk with people that have the same problem, anything really.
Thank you!
Heartbreak is truly awful, when I separated from someone I was with for over a decade it took me about 18months to truly heal from it. Not saying it will take you that long. But your SN will last for a least a couple of years please dont be hasty and give yourself some time to heal from this. Also shes not really being fair on you saying she doesnt know if you'll get back together kinda leaving you hanging there. If I could've gone no contact with my ex then I wouldve done to make moving on easier.
Sorry, but you misunderstood a bit. She never told me we will get back togheter. She told me "everyone goes on their own path", so right now, she has no intention of even talking to me, not gonna mention getting back togheter. Honestly I get moments when I want to move on, but then I get hit by memories, by happy moments, what could have been etc. The SN is growing more tempting by the day..

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I am looking for anything honestly, advice, scolding, ways to CTB, ways to talk to her again
Scolding? Perfect

• Joshu: What is the Way?
  • Nansen: Ordinary mind is the Way.
  • Joshu: Should I direct myself toward it?
  • Nansen: If you try to turn toward it, you go away from it.

When you grasp for her, she runs
When you stayed in place, she crept closer
If you walk away, perhaps she may follow

In Zen, they call it The Gateless Gate. Your attachment to her was the gate stopping you from having her

In Redpill, they call it Simping. Without masculinity, you grasp for what you want, rather than build your world into a frame that attracts. She wants you to become a man, she's forcing you to become a man. And anyone can be a man, if they have: backbone & daring

Did you say "I love you" to this girl? Then why do you act to repel her? Your actions don't match your intentions. (Perhaps your unconscious is tearing you apart until you resolve this mismatch — this lie at the core of your being.) I searched your post for "love". It's only about her loving you

Again I searched your post — for "attach". You do say "I'm anxious attachement". You're attached. Not in love. So far, you want a relationship, not to love

The more you love, the more your mind's undisturbed by emotion:

"When one is acting from love, one must act in a totally unemotional way. This is a sort of paradox, because one is acting out of an emotion, but for that to be maximally efficacious, like any action, it cannot be split or divided by emotional or any other disturbing intentionality or disturbance (and emotion actually means disturbance)."

— Roy Bhaskar, The Philosophy of MetaReality: Creativity, Love and Freedom

Last edited:
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
OP, this is going to sound harsh but sugarcoating this for the purpose of coddling you will likely do you more harm than good at this point. So, I'm going to tell it to you straight. You've built your whole identity around this person and have lost sight of your purpose in life. I get how brutal breakups can be, and I'm not arguing against that. But to make someone the entire purpose of your life is frankly extremely unhealthy. Relationships are a two-way street. There's no one person that dictates every decision. Sure you might wish something or fantasize about certain futures where your relationship could be headed, but in reality, if you're not taking your partner's perspective into account, the relationship will inevitably fail.

Ask yourself what you want to do in life for yourself outside of the realm of this relationship and then build your own independent identity first. Otherwise, no singular relationship will ever last for you. The "I can fix her" mentality or "I have to save this person" mentality is not a healthy perspective. Live your life for yourself first, and only then can you support those around you. If you're living your life for the sole sake of someone else, how exactly would you be able to support them?

Honestly, my first relationship and my best friend's first relationship were both similar to yours, except at some point our partners went from having an identity of their own to someone who's entire existence relied on the basis of our relationships. You have no clue how suffocating this feels. Everyone's personalities are different but I for one need to have my own space for just a little bit in order to recharge my batteries. If someone's constantly chasing after me, that's encroaching on that space and deters me from loving them the way I want to. So for me to be in a relationship, my partner needs to respect that, just as I need to respect and try to accommodate their wishes to the best of my ability. This is where the idea of compromise comes from and like I said, both parties have to be willing to accept each other fully, including their flaws as well as what makes them appealing. That's what compatibility is.

I can't tell you whether or not you guys can get back together, because relationships are extremely nuanced. But I can tell you for certain that even if you did, it wouldn't be healthy if you're identity solely revolves around her and you are unwilling to give her some space. Repeatedly speaking to her dad behind her back, even if out of concern for her isn't something you should continue doing even if he picks you over her, because at the end of the day, it's her you want to be with, not her father. If you want to talk about something or have concerns, you need to give her space until she's the one you can talk with.

But first, stop making your whole identity about her. Work on yourself, and don't stop this time. With time, maybe you get another chance at this. If you don't, then you have to accept at some point that you need to move on. If this sounds like something you've heard before, then that's because this is how reality works. We don't live in a fairytale fantasy where the prince walks off into the sunset with the princess in his arms after saving her from the dragons to live happily ever after. Real relationships require constant effort and collaboration from both parties from an equal standpoint.

Please work on yourself, and keep doing so. Remember, CTB isn't something you just rush to out of desperation. Always consider that your absolute last option should everything else fail.

P.S. Whatever you do, don't mention your CTB plans to your ex or say that they're the reason that you feel compelled to do it. I would be cautious of even mentioning her in your notes. She sounds like she has a lot of issues of her own, and something like this could trigger a panic response and lead her to make bad decisions. Not to mention it would be extremely emotionally manipulative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goku Black
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Line breaks are really helpful yk?
Ik u said u don't have much experience with forums, that's okay, mby just add a newline for every new sentence and a new Paragraph for every time the thing you're talking about moves to a different aspect.

Regarding your problem, I definitely think it's too early to ctb over a breakup, yes I'm someone who can shut off connections to people pretty quickly, but still, a breakup isn't usually something that'll ruin the rest of your life.. usually.
So I suggest giving yourself a few months, maybe even longer, there's enough time to ctb after that.

Besides, maybe you do end up back together after each of you get time on your own.
Still I would say try to leave it behind you and move on, moving on doesn't mean you can't get back together later, it just means you can take care of yourself and recover meanwhile.

The Schizoid

The Schizoid

Specialist
Oct 24, 2023
FFS

1. Who in 2024 doesn't know how to use paragraphs? I'm not reading all of that.

2. If you're suicidal that's understandable but killing yourself over a relationship break up is the most retarded thing ever. Your situation is fixable.

SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
2. If you're suicidal that's understandable but killing yourself over a relationship break up is the most retarded thing ever. Your situation is fixable.
Although I would advise him to seek other options first. Saying it's retarded really sounds when pro lifers say "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

Reactions: SexyIncél
SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
Not to mention it would be extremely emotionally manipulative.
I kind of disagree with this statement, I believe it would be "viewed" as emotionally manipulative, since it seems OP is sincere. He shouldn't do it but I would view it more of a cry for help than manipulation.
There's no black and white in these kinds of situations.

The Schizoid

The Schizoid

Specialist
Oct 24, 2023
Although I would advise him to seek other options first. Saying it's retarded really sounds when pro lifers say "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem".

I'm sorry but killing yourself sometimes makes sense but killing yourself because of a relationship breakup is stupid.

Just because I'm prochoice doesn't mean I look favourable on certain suicides.

Reactions: divinemistress36
SoulofSteel

SoulofSteel

Nov 20, 2023
I'm sorry but killing yourself sometimes makes sense but killing yourself because of a relationship breakup is stupid.

Just because I'm prochoice doesn't mean I look favourable on certain suicides.
I like to look at it from another perspective, you're not killing yourself because of the breakup or the person, you're killing yourself because of the pain. It only sounds dumb because as much as we don't like to hear it, in this day and age people are more interchangeable than before, so the obvious solution is to jump on the same train, but the truth is that not everybody is the same, nor has the same principles and views as everyone else.

I believe that the main reason to CTB for anybody should be to end whatever pain they are unable to shake off and/or live with, so if that pain persists then how is it dumb to end your life over it? I am of the idea that it is better to wait and see if things get better, but whether it be a breakup, loss, loneliness, shitty living conditions and whatnot, it doesn't matter the reason if it's killing you inside. And if I'm going to look down on someone's pain and see it a stupid reason to CTB then I might as well turn into a pro lifer because chances are, unless we're talking about very specific situations one could always argue that nothing is worth killing yourself over if you try hard enough to overcome it.

• Informative
Reactions: SexyIncél
ObssessedEirika

ObssessedEirika

“I’m so damn tired.”
Jan 7, 2024
OP, this is going to sound harsh but sugarcoating this for the purpose of coddling you will likely do you more harm than good at this point. So, I'm going to tell it to you straight. You've built your whole identity around this person and have lost sight of your purpose in life. I get how brutal breakups can be, and I'm not arguing against that. But to make someone the entire purpose of your life is frankly extremely unhealthy. Relationships are a two-way street. There's no one person that dictates every decision. Sure you might wish something or fantasize about certain futures where your relationship could be headed, but in reality, if you're not taking your partner's perspective into account, the relationship will inevitably fail.

Ask yourself what you want to do in life for yourself outside of the realm of this relationship and then build your own independent identity first. Otherwise, no singular relationship will ever last for you. The "I can fix her" mentality or "I have to save this person" mentality is not a healthy perspective. Live your life for yourself first, and only then can you support those around you. If you're living your life for the sole sake of someone else, how exactly would you be able to support them?

Honestly, my first relationship and my best friend's first relationship were both similar to yours, except at some point our partners went from having an identity of their own to someone who's entire existence relied on the basis of our relationships. You have no clue how suffocating this feels. Everyone's personalities are different but I for one need to have my own space for just a little bit in order to recharge my batteries. If someone's constantly chasing after me, that's encroaching on that space and deters me from loving them the way I want to. So for me to be in a relationship, my partner needs to respect that, just as I need to respect and try to accommodate their wishes to the best of my ability. This is where the idea of compromise comes from and like I said, both parties have to be willing to accept each other fully, including their flaws as well as what makes them appealing. That's what compatibility is.

I can't tell you whether or not you guys can get back together, because relationships are extremely nuanced. But I can tell you for certain that even if you did, it wouldn't be healthy if you're identity solely revolves around her and you are unwilling to give her some space. Repeatedly speaking to her dad behind her back, even if out of concern for her isn't something you should continue doing even if he picks you over her, because at the end of the day, it's her you want to be with, not her father. If you want to talk about something or have concerns, you need to give her space until she's the one you can talk with.

But first, stop making your whole identity about her. Work on yourself, and don't stop this time. With time, maybe you get another chance at this. If you don't, then you have to accept at some point that you need to move on. If this sounds like something you've heard before, then that's because this is how reality works. We don't live in a fairytale fantasy where the prince walks off into the sunset with the princess in his arms after saving her from the dragons to live happily ever after. Real relationships require constant effort and collaboration from both parties from an equal standpoint.

Please work on yourself, and keep doing so. Remember, CTB isn't something you just rush to out of desperation. Always consider that your absolute last option should everything else fail.

P.S. Whatever you do, don't mention your CTB plans to your ex or say that they're the reason that you feel compelled to do it. I would be cautious of even mentioning her in your notes. She sounds like she has a lot of issues of her own, and something like this could trigger a panic response and lead her to make bad decisions. Not to mention it would be extremely emotionally manipulative.
I have to agree with this user over the subject. I feel as if you made your point whole world this one person. While I don't have much advice to give since I feel like the other users already basically said everything, I'm willing to lend an ear if you want someone to talk to.

Reactions: divinemistress36
theangelswept

theangelswept

sorry sorry sorry
Feb 27, 2024
Our reasons for wanting to ctb always seem so easy to fix from the perspective of outsiders. When I explain my reasons for wanting to ctb to a loved one they always make ot sound like such an easy fix. Emotions are just as real as rivers and mountains and should not be treated like trivial things. I think if you wanted to do recovery then finding a way to cut yourself off completely from the girl and father would be your best option. Going back to hanging out with friends, going on outings, therapy, working out, all seemed like it was helping you. Some relationships make us worse people, some relationships make us better people. Sorry it did not work out, I hope things improve for you, you sound nice.

B

BlablaMan

Feb 18, 2024
Hey everyone, I'm back with a small update. I started feeling a tiny bit better, but the moments I get back to feeling like CTB it's worse and I'm so close to do it.
Today, in my country, men give women pins/trinkets simbolising the coming of spring. It's a nice gesture everyone does to women they know. I bought trinkets for all the women in the company I work for and for my ex I decided to get a bigger more expensive one. After I gave everyone their trinkets I left to get to the office I'm working at.
A female coworker wanted to test the waters with my ex for me and she went to her desk. "Oh my god, you have so many cute trinkets, who gave you this big beautiful one?". She said that my ex smiled and said "Guess who". The coworker acted like she didn't know and then went "Ooooh, so nice of him to give you a special one."
Not sure if I should take this as a good sign that maybe she is not mad at me anymore, or that she really appreciated it. On the 8th it's also customed to give flowers. I will try to do the same, getting her a more beautiful flower.
Take care!

Reactions: FitsTime
FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
FFS

1. Who in 2024 doesn't know how to use paragraphs? I'm not reading all of that.

I totally agree.
Maybe a breakup can be a trigger, but only if you already have other problems, and then it also depends on circumstances: kids in between, co-ownership of properties etc...
If i were 22 and my only problem was a breakup, i'd be jumping of joy.

Reactions: seekingrelease22
B

BlablaMan

Feb 18, 2024
Hey! It's been a while and a lot happened. The short version:
I started talking with my ex again, we're talking and hanging out almost daily, we're gaming together, we talk about everything.
She started going to therapy, she is much happier than before and more detached from her dad.
Sad part is that I tried to kiss her and she told me it's a bit earlier, just for later to tell me she doesn't have any feelings left and only wants to be friends.
I thought this would be easier, but I feel more broken than before.

Is it possible to reignite feelings? Everything is going great between us, she trusts me again, we are not fighting anymore, we are more supportive and more understanding of each other.