• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
The following are resources for you to reach out for help and support. We encourage you to seek recovery and be happy.
Different resources work for different people, so we encourage you try several until you find what you need. Your happiness comes first.
The list has been created from traditional sources, as well as suggestions and personal experiences from other users. There are no affiliate links.

------

The following are a number of traditional hotlines and sources. Please note some of these may call law enforcement on you if they feel you are a danger to yourself or others.

International hotlines by country are also available on Wikipedia and FindAHelpline

National Emergency Number: Only in the US: 911
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Only available in the US.1-800-273-8255, or 988.

Samaritans: A UK organization that offers support for individuals suffering from depression or suicidal ideation.

Veterans Crisis Line: 24-hour, toll-free hotline that provides phone, webchat, and text options available to military veterans and their families. It provides options for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. 1-800-273-8255, followed by pressing 1.

IMAlive Crisis Chatline: Non-profit, worldwide 24/7, anonymous chatline to help anyone in crisis via instant messaging.

Crisis Text Line: US, UK, and Canada 24/7, crisis-intervention text-message hotline.

Suicideforum: Peer to peer support site for discussion and conversation of depression and suicide. (This is not a hotline or crisis support site.)

The Trevor Project: Gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth 24-hour hotline and limited-hour webchat/text.
1-866-488-7386, and https://www.thetrevorproject.org/

Trans Lifeline: US and Canada non-profit organization providing crisis hotline for transgender individuals.
1-877-565-8860, and https://www.translifeline.org/

Thrive Lifeline: Chat to qualified crisis responder for underrepresented individual (person of color, LGBTQ2S+, person living with disabilities, neurodivergent, and/or other marginalized identities), and experiencing obstacles because of (or simply have questions about) your identities.

The following is a compilation of suggestions by a user of the forum, which was suggested to us to be added here. Please be mindful, the following is user-made. Always consult a real professional for help.

Traditional Solutions

1. Psychotherapy -
I know many of you don't like this route but some people are really helped by it. The next best thing to psycho-therapy would be the self authoring program, which I cover bellow.

2. Medication - The key to getting this right is keep trying different medications until one or a combination of them work. Also remember that you don't have to take full dose of these medications. They often give large doses, and for some people those large doses do help, but for many others like myself I do best with smaller amounts. Particularly right now I have found that it's best that I cycle 3 medicines. So I'll take olanzapine one day, then take desipramine the second day then take amitriptyline the third day. Then start the cycle all over again with olanzapine. The key to getting the psychiatrist to prescribe them like that is to say that each medication has it's own benefit. And tell them what each medication does for you.

3. Eating Well - There is no one size fits all here. Some people are allergic to certain foods. Some people just eat too much which causes weight gain and along with that depression. Some people benefit from a ketogenic diet, while others the HCG diet. Or perhaps you just need to eat less, or eat more healthy. You can get the benefits of eating whole foods with juicing. The key is keep trying things until something works. Personally I have done a modified version of the HCG diet and gained my best weight loss results with that.

4. Exercise - Get yourself a gym membership with a friend. Working out has been shown to increase neurogenesis in the hippocampus of the brain a part of the brain responsible for memory, and learning. Jogging is best for this. But certainly there are benefits in heavy lifting. With heavy lifting you can get a lot of muscle real fast. With jogging you can get what's called a runners high. It's a feeling of wellbeing.

Semi-traditional Solutions

5. Ketamine/esketamine -
It has been found recently that ketamine can prevent depression in people. Not only that it's been found that it can help people that have not responded well to traditional anti-depressants. There are clinics popping up all over the place that now offer ketamine infusions.

6. Substances - There are new treatments coming out that target totally new pathways such as Sage-217 that works in a fundamentally different way than all of the past 35 years' worth of antidepressants. As well as psilocybin which comes from psychedelic mushrooms. Neither of these are on the market yet, but they will be.

7. Self authoring program (Jordan Peterson contributor) - This is IMO a better option than psychotherapy. It's also benefited men that didn't want to conform to the system the most. The self authoring program forces you to face your past, present, and potential future. It's asks open ended questions and guides you to find out what you want to do with your life. I highly recommend this option for everyone that feels like they might still have hope. https://www.selfauthoring.com JP is the creator of the self authoring program, he is one of the top most influential intellectuals especially for young people and men world wide.

8. Self-Development - There are many routes to take with this. The self authoring program is one of them, but there are many books, videos, motivational coaches, life coaches that can help you attain your personal goals. The faster you learn that personality can change and there is a science behind psychology the better off you'll be, and self development helps facilitate that.

9. Relationship Development - Pick up artist and seduction material can help many men and even women in the dating sphere. (Note I am not endorsing pick up artist and seduction material for the purpose of men manipulating women into having sex. But rather to get men out of their comfort zone and build the confidence they need to succeed in the dating world). My personal favorite dating coach for men is Kezia Noble, which is a female I will add. https://www.kezia-noble.com And really women can benefit from some of her material too even though it's geared toward men.

10. Philosophy and Psychology - Philosophy and psychology I would imagine would be very helpful to people that feel like they don't understand their own mind or other peoples minds which could be associated with depression. Many people will not be helped by philosophy, and psychology but there are some people that can be helped by it, as it helps make the mind much more resilient, open to nuance, open to new ideas, it pushes the limits of our mind in the abstract and even the practical and that can help. For instance you might discover what is causing your depression through some philosophical conversations. You can research the philosophy of emotions. Or you might be helped by learning what drives motivation.

My personal recommendations:

Academy Of Ideas

School Of Life

11. Sun Light - It's been found that sun light is very important for production of vitamin D. Often the vitamin D found in cereals isn't the best form, as it's only D2. D3 is made by the sun. You can also certainly supplement D3 too. D3 is actually part hormone part vitamin, so it's very powerful. Morning sunlight is the best as it won't damage your skin as much.

12. Herbs - I have personally gained mental physical benefits from using ashwagandha, and gotu kola in particular. Both are great for brain health. Ashwagandha is best taken before your last meal of the day as it helps you sleep. It's the only adaptogenic herb that helps you sleep. Gotu kola is a great boost in the morning as it's stimulating, and actually has no caffeine in it.

13. Supplements - TMG trimethylglycine, SAMe, and fish oil have shown to help some people with depression. Fish oil might be particularly effective for over weight people for depression.

Novel Solutions

14. Psychedelics -
Out of all the options here IMO this is a high risk high reward solution. Many will say depressed people should never take a psychedelic. But as with most things this conversation requires some nuance. First of all, all psychedelics can be bad even for healthy people if too much is taken. So as with most things you should exercise your psychedelic mental muscles before you jump in head first. Meaning start off small. Gradually work your way up.
Rule number one with using psychedelics always have a good set, setting, and sitter. A set is your mindset, setting is the place where your tripping, and sitter is someone that is sober that can watch over you and help you if you need any help. Preferably they should be someone you trust, and someone that has tripped themselves.
Rule number two start off at a low dose and gradually build that up over time. Leaving at least one week between trips.
Rule number three, have structure to your experience. Go into the trip with an intention for perhaps an answer to a problem, or an intention for healing or whatever it may be.
Rule number four, always stick to the classical psychedelics with first starting out. Stick with the tried and true. RC or research chemicals, should be for experienced users only because people have died taking them. However nobody has died directly from a classical psychedelic. Classic psychedelics include magic mushrooms, peyote, san pedro cactus, LSD, 2C-B. I will add an exception to this rule which is it's OK to use research chemicals if you do a ton of research before hand, stay away from the one's that that have killed people. (Most often people that have died on RCs have done so because they were dehydrated at a party and they were mixing it with beer). So stay safe and research, if someone has died you need to find out why, because there is a ton of disinformation out there about psychedelics, especially research chemicals (RCs). The benefit of research chemical psychedelics is that they can be legal or fall under a legally grey area which make them legally better, and often more accessible online. There are research chemical supply shops online that make buying RC psychedelelics a good fit.
Rule number five, research research research. Really learn all you can about the psychedelic your taking and psychedelics in general before taking any of them.
Rule number six, make sure if you mix your psychedelic with any other substance that you stay safe and check it in this compatibility chart.
How to attain psychedelics. Personally I don't recommend getting your psychedelics from raves, festivals, or even your local drug dealer. LSD and MDMA/Molly are notoriously tainted or fake. Instead get your psychedelics online from the darknet/darkweb. First of all you shouldn't worry about getting arrested from these darknet markets, law enforcement want the big fish, they want the dealers. Very very few buyers have been arrested, and I've never heard of a darknet buyer of psychedelics get arrested. There is a system where vendors go to darknet websites and sell their psychedelics through an ebay type store. Law enforcement keeps shutting down these sites, but new ones pop up to take their place. But you can easily find one that is current and buy from them. I have brought psychedelics online through these darknet websites many times. Including silk road, dream market place, alpha bay. Now these have all been taken down by the law enforcement, but you can find one of the current websites on reddit. Buy some bitcoins and download Tor Browser and your all set to get your own psychedelics. Yes I have had orders never go through, but I believe that I have always gotten pure products when I do get my order. So it is kind of a hit or miss, which you can always give a bad review for them. But that is the risk you have to pay for being able to get some of the hardest to find psychedelics on the planet. Such as DMT, 5-meo-dmt, 2c-b, or even just pure molly.
Just google - how to buy drugs off the darknet.
Note LSD for instance is often passed off as 25I-NBOMe. And 25I-NBOMe has taken some peoples lives. Luckily there is an easy to tell if you have 25I-NBOMe, as the saying goes "if it's acidic then spit it." Real LSD isn't acidic. You can also get a reagent drug testing kit for pretty cheap which definitely helps.

15. Psychedelic Micro-dose - This is a good solution to those that either don't like the trippy ego dissolving effects of a full dose of shrooms, or someone that just wants the benefits of psychedelics without all the hard work. Simply put with this option you only take enough to feel slightly better but without the trippy effects. In fact if you are tripping just a little, then you took too much. And you only take it about every third day or so, this is done in order to avoid dependence. The most common psychedelics to micro-dose it LSD, or shrooms. Personally I have micro-dosed with synthetic shrooms called 4-aco-dmt. Taken at night it actually helps me sleep better.

16. MDMA assisted psycho-therapy for people with PTSD - MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) is working right now to get MDMA street name molly legalized for treating PTSD. I know some of you have been traumatized and so this would be perfect for you. Soon you will be able to get MDMA in a clinical therapeutic setting to work through that trauma that nothing else has been able to help you with. MDMA is being used right now for veterans with PTSD, in just a few years you will be able to legally get this cutting edge treatment. If you can't wait then you can get it off the darknet in the meantime.

17. Hormone Replacement Therapy - This is another novel way to treat yourself, and this type of treatment is most important for older people. People who's hormones have declined so much so as to cause depression and anxiety. For women it's often the decline of estrogen called menopause that causes problems with mental fatigue, depression, apathy, etc. For men the decline of testosterone called andropause can also cause one to become suicidal. An endocrinologist will bring your hormones up to what your hormones should be at your age, an anti-aging doctor will bring your hormones up to a youthful level and trust me you'll want the youthful level. So make your appointment with an anti-aging doctor, not the standard primary-care or even endocrinologist.
I talk about this in depth here.
The Hidden Cause Of Your Depression - For Older People - For Suicidal People
sanctionedsuicide.com/threads/the-hidden-cause-of-your-depression-for-older-people-for-suicidal-people.17171/

18. Hormone Replacement Therapy For Transgenders - At the suggestion of one of our members I decided to add this for transgenders or people with gender dysphoria.
"Pooling across studies shows that after sex reassignment,
-80% of individuals with GID reported significant improvement in gender dysphoria ;
-78% reported significant improvement in psychological symptoms;
-80% reported significant improvement in quality of life;
-72% reported significant improvement in sexual function .

Very low quality evidence suggests that sex reassignment that includes hormonal interventions in individuals with GID likely improves gender dysphoria, psychological functioning and comorbidities, sexual function and overall quality of life."

Sex reassignment: outcomes and predictors of treatment for adolescent and adult transsexuals. - PubMed - NCBI
"After treatment the group was no longer gender dysphoric. The vast majority functioned quite well psychologically, socially and sexually. Two non-homosexual male-to-female transsexuals expressed regrets. Post-operatively, female-to-male and homosexual transsexuals functioned better in many respects than male-to-female and non-homosexual transsexuals. "

Effects of different steps in gender reassignment therapy on psychopathology: a prospective study of persons with a gender identity disorder. - PubMed - NCBI
"A marked reduction in psychopathology occurs during the process of sex reassignment therapy, especially after the initiation of hormone therapy. "

Animals as Therapy - some ideas

Back From The Borderline - BPD Podcast

Crisis Resources for Anxiety Attacks and Emotional Overwhelm

Food / Eating / Cooking Megathread

Mental Health Worksheets & Workbooks Megathread

Online Support and Recovery Meeting Groups

Recovery Success Stories

Therapy Methods and 'Alternative Treatment Options' Explained

Weekly Challenge Thread

This section is currently being updated - come back for more comprehensive information

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.