• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Sharing some of my fav uplifting quotes for hope and inspiration, thought the recovery fam would appreciate 'em too. Will periodically add more gems that I find on my way to recovery, feel free to join in! :heart:

ps. ya'll are really sweet, didn't expect to find such sensible souls in a place like this, skepticism turned into heartwarming & pleasant surprises. here's to many more such lessons. πŸ’•

A place you can always come back to for some soul fuel. πŸ™βœ¨

πŸ“š

"Sometimes even to live is an act of courage." ☯️
β€” Seneca

"When you are tempted to give up, your breakthrough is probably just around the corner." πŸŒ„
β€” Joyce Meyer

"No matter how bad a state of mind you may get into, if you keep strong and hold out, eventually the floating clouds must vanish and the withering wind must cease." β˜€οΈ
β€” Dogen

"You want to die? Then throw yourself into the sea and you'll see yourself fighting to survive. You do not want to kill yourself, rather you want to kill something inside of you"
β€” Arabic saying

🌻

"The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die."
β€” Juliette Lewis

"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb."
β€” Najwa Zebian

"We held on to hope that better days were coming. And when we did, we were right." πŸŒ„
β€” The Mountain Goats

You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.
―George Alexiou

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. 🎨
― Joseph Campbell

🌻

You believe you don't have the power you really have...
You're using your power right now to believe you're powerless.
That's how powerful you are! πŸ’ͺ

🌹

"My heart is afraid it will have to suffer. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams."
β€” Paulo Coelho

🌸

"Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious." 😎
― Rumi

🌷

I am realistic – I expect miracles. ―Wayne Dyer πŸŽ‡

Do anything, but let it produce joy. ―Walt Whitman 🌟

Reach for a thought that feels better. ―Abraham Hicks πŸ’–

Your thoughts become things. ―Rhonda Byrne

And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. 🌺
―Anais Nin

"But until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose otherwise." πŸ‘
― Stephen R. Covey

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." πŸ”₯
― Carlos Castaneda

"You are what you believe in. You become that which you believe you can become" i am amazing, i can do anything, all is well, i am strong, i can do it, i believe in me
― Bhagavad Gita

The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
―Michel de Montaigne

Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy, and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance. πŸ™
―Elder Wisdom

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you."
― Rumi

"Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion." 🌌
― Rumi

"You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?"
― Rumi

"When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
― Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ― Rumi

"Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love." ― Rumi β˜„οΈ

🌻

"Times will change for the better when you change."

~ Maxwell Maltz

'You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.'

~ Alan Watts

'If everything around seems dark, look again, you may be the light.'

~ Rumi

'The endurance of darkness is preparation for great light' πŸŒ„

~ St. John of the Cross

'If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary.' πŸ’”

~ Eckhart Tolle

🌻

"If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life." ⚑

β€” Abraham Maslow

"You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it's better to listen to what it has to say." πŸ‘‚πŸ’š

β€” Paulo Coelho

"Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them." πŸ’‘

― Debbie Ford

"If you want the best the world has to offer, offer the world your best." 🎯

― Neale Donald Walsch

🌷

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." πŸ’•

β€” Elisabeth KΓΌbler-Ross

"The shadow is the greatest teacher for how to come to the light." β€” Ram Dass

"There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind." β€” C.S. Lewis

"I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." πŸš€

β€” F. Scott Fitzgerald

"You are proof that beauty can grow in the most difficult of places."

β€” Wednesday Holmes
‍

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ❀️‍πŸ”₯
β€” Winston Churchill

🌹

"You will one day experience joy that matches this pain. You will cry euphoric tears at the Beach Boys, you will stare down at a baby's face as she lies asleep in your lap, you will make great friends, you will eat delicious foods you haven't tried yet, you will be able to look at a view from a high place and not assess the likelihood of dying from falling. There are books you haven't read yet that will enrich you, films you will watch while eating extra-large buckets of popcorn, and you will dance and laugh and have sex and go for runs by the river and have late-night conversations and laugh until it hurts. Life is waiting for you. You might be stuck here for a while, but the world isn't going anywhere. Hang on in there if you can. Life is always worth it." 🎴

― Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive

"Once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." πŸƒ

β€” Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive

"If you have ever believed a depressive wants to be happy, you are wrong. They could not care less about the luxury of happiness. They just want to feel an absence of pain." πŸ’š

"The key is in accepting your thoughts, all of them, even the bad ones. Accept thoughts, but don't become them. Understand, for instance, that having a sad thought, even having a continual succession of sad thoughts, is not the same as being a sad person. You can walk through a storm and feel the wind but you know you are not the wind."

‍
🌺

"You are worthy of seeing the sun rise again and again." πŸŒ„
β€” TWLOHA

"This is not the end of your story. You still have chapters to write, new characters to meet, and victories to celebrate. Keep going." πŸš£β€β™‚οΈπŸŒ‡
β€” TWLOHA
‍
🌸

"Love belongs to the people who feel they are not enough. Love belongs to the kids who grow up wondering why they're different. Love belongs to the person reading this right now. Love is for everyone." ♾️
β€” Erin Kingham

"The presence of fear and darkness does not mean that the hopeful parts of me cease to exist."
β€” Erin Frye,

"We are all that girl on the bathroom floor. Rock bottom just means crisis. It is not the end. Life does not evict us from anything unless it's inviting us to something better." πŸ“ˆ
‍— Glennon Doyle

βœŒοΈπŸ’•

Last edited:
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"Miracles happen, not in opposition to Nature, but in opposition to what we know of Nature." ~ St. Augustine

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"Meditation is the method of inner transformation. When suicide and meditation remain the only two alternatives and nothing else is left β€” either destroy yourself because your whole life is meaningless, or transform yourself into a new plane of being β€” one has to choose between suicide and meditation." ~ Osho

"Whoever may have died right now… each death is your death, because each death is a reminder that you are not going to be here forever. Each death is an opportunity to be awake. Before death comes use the opportunity of life to attain something which is beyond death." ~ Osho

Reactions: New_SweetieUltraPIE
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
329786046 1528900300925942 8418706264524242615 n 1

How do you make progress? By using books for reference only. By practicing the methods I share with you. By practicing Self-Inquiry. By watching as you go through life's experiences and not reacting. Watching yourself become depressed. Watching yourself become angry. Do not deny it, but observe it. And if you observe yourself correctly in that calm way, you can ask yourself, "Who becomes angry? Who is feeling depressed?" And follow it through. Do this over and over and over again, as many times as you have to. One day, the anger will leave you, the depressions will leave you, your thoughts will leave you. And you'll just be.

~ Robert Adams

___ πŸ™β™₯️

"The only way out of ignorance and out of this dark night of the soul is to be aware of your own being, aware of your own awareness. In that moment when you are aware of your own awareness, everything stops, time stops. Suddenly you are beyond time and beyond space, and a door opens which makes you part of the whole." ~ Osho

"The darker the night, the happier you should feel, because the sooner there will be dawn. Soon, out of the womb of this night, a sun is going to be born; soon β€” it is not very far away. The darker the night, the nearer it is coming. Don't try to escape, because every morning needs a dark night as a womb. The dark night prepares the ground for the morning to be. That troubled state is the womb through which ultimate blessing will be born." ~ Osho

"One wants to be supported twenty-four hours a day because the false, without support, cannot stand. The moment one is alone, one starts feeling a strange craziness. Surabhi, that's what you have been asking about β€” because for twenty-six years you believed yourself to be somebody, and then suddenly in a moment of loneliness you start feeling you are not that. It creates fear: then who are you? And twenty-six years of suppression… it will take some time for the real to express itself. The gap between the two has been called by the mystics "the dark night of the soul" β€” a very appropriate expression. You are no more the false, and you are not yet the real. You are in a limbo, you don't know who you are." ~ Osho

"Ego exists only when you live in an unconsciousness, in a darkness. The ego exists only in the dark night of the soul. Bring a little light inside. Meditate a little bit. Sit silently, doing nothing, looking inwards. In the beginning you will find only rubbish. Don't be worried β€” go on looking. Within three to nine months the rubbish will be gone, and a silence will start dawning on you and a stillness will arise. In that stillness you will become aware of yourself and of the whole that surrounds you. That state is samadhi, and to know it is to know all, to be it is to be all." ~ Osho

"When you get out of the driver's seat, you find that life can drive itself, that actually life has always been driving itself. When you get out of the driver's seat, it can drive itself so much easierβ€”it can flow in ways you never imagined. Life becomes almost magical. The illusion of the "me" is no longer in the way. Life begins to flow, and you never know where it will take you." ~ Adyashanti

329169157 6005104859536304 4133044323111000847 n

Last edited:
  • Love
New_SweetieUltraPIE

New_SweetieUltraPIE

Archive everything you would hate losing.
Feb 11, 2023
I like the serenity prayer (which I really hope fits under the definition of a quote if you extract the message from the religious part), It has a simple little idea that's sometimes easy to forget in our day-to-day life. It helps me cope and such and I feel better muttering it to myself before I go to sleep under the watchful eye of any powers that be.
"Attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr, Lutheran theologian (1892–1971): God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
stay safe and keep care frens and op! <3

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"Don't think that you are late in this life, every flower blooms in its own time." ~ Neem Karoli Baba 🌸

"The whole universe is our home and all residing in it belong to our family." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"Instead of trying to see God in a particular appearance, it is better to see God in everything." ~ Neem Karoli Baba ☯️

"Spiritual practice is just three things love, serve, and remember." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"Even if a person hurts you, give them love. The worst punishment is to throw someone out of your heart." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"You should love everyone as God and love each other. If you cannot love each other you cannot achieve your goal." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"Whoever works for God, their work will be done by itself." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"Love is the strongest medicine, it is more powerful than electricity." ~ Neem Karoli Baba :heart:

"Lust, greed, anger, attachment, these are all paths to hell." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"Everywhere I look, all I see is God, that's why I'm always honoring everything." ~ Neem Karoli Baba πŸ™

"All religions are the same they all lead to God or to Truth. God is everybody." ~ Neem Karoli Baba

"When you have a desire for something, don't act on it and it will go away, but when you have God you don't have any more desires. Cleanse the mirror of your heart and you will see God."

~ Neem Karoli Baba

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
330474071 8853994751308272 7203713197487643831 n 311776123 519911909962947 9012302850357268452 n

"You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you." ― Alexander Den Heijer

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself,
or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible."
~ Carl Jung

Ist mΓΆglicherweise ein Bild von 1 Person und Text β€žAs a child, I felt myself to be alone and I am still, because I know things... ...and must hint at things which others apparently know nothing of, and for the most part do not want to know. Carl Jung

Reactions: stermc
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"When we were born, we were programmed perfectly. Our imaginations were creative and flourishing, and we knew how to use them. We were connected to a world much richer than the one we connect to now, a world full of enchantment and a sense of the miraculous.
And then we were taught to focus elsewhere. We were taught to think unnaturally. We were taught a very bad philosophy, a way of looking at the world that contradicts who we are. We were taught that we are separate from other people, that we have to compete to get ahead, that we're not quite good enough the way we are. We were taught to see the world the way that others had come to see it. It's as though, as soon as we got here, we were given a sleeping pill. The thinking of the world, which is not based on love, began pounding in our ears.
Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here. The spiritual journey is the relinquishment – or unlearning – of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts. Love is the essential existential fact. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning and the purpose of our lives."

~ Marianne Williamson

330519566 1204522336836413 1031993891799161592 n 330914286 584069963753346 2569629221171204869 n 330917668 586107939714248 5459946126317083821 n

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and stermc
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist." ― Neale Donald Walsch

"Here is the central error of most human theology: You think that one day you are going to meet God. You imagine that you are one day going to get back Home. You are not going to get back Home. You never left Home."

― Neale Donald Walsch

"I have sent you to the Garden of the Gods and offered you the whole world in which to play. I have provided sufficient bounty to make certain that there is enough for everyone. No one should go hungry, least of all die of hunger. No one need be without clothing to keep warm, nor should anyone be without shelter from the storm. There is enough for everyone."

― Neale Donald Walsch

"The great misunderstanding of all those who have forgotten the Ultimate Truth, the great illusion of all those who live in temporary amnesia, is that there is somewhere they have to "go," somewhere they have to journey, in order to "get to heaven," or "unite with God," and experience eternal bliss. There is nowhere you have to go, nothing you have to do, and nothing you have to be except exactly what you are being right now, in order to experience the bliss of the Divine. You ARE the bliss of the Divine, and you simply do not know it."

― Neale Walsch, Home with God: In a Life That Never Ends

"Hope is the doorway to belief, belief is the doorway to knowing, knowing is the doorway to creation, and creation is the doorway to experience. Experience is the doorway to expression, expression is the doorway to becoming, becoming is the activity of all Life and the only function of God. What you hope, you will eventually believe, what you believe, you will eventually know, what you know, you will eventually create, what you create, you will eventually experience, what you experience, you will eventually express, what you express, you will eventually become. This is the formula for all of life. It is as simple as that."

- Neale Walsch

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
"You make mistakes, mistakes don't make you"
― Maxwell Maltz

"If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone."
― Maxwell Maltz

"The most delightful surprise in life is to suddenly recognize your own worth." πŸ’š
― Maxwell Maltz

"You will act like the sort of person you conceive yourself to be."
― Maxwell Maltz, Psycho-Cybernetics

"Emptiness is a symptom that you are not living creatively. You either have no goal that is important enough to you,
or you are not using your talents and efforts in a striving toward an important goal." 🎨
― Maxwell Maltz

"We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act.
Everyday living requires courage if life is to be effective and bring happiness."
― Maxwell Maltz

"The ''self-image'' is the key to human personality and human behavior.
Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior."
― Maxwell Maltz

"The greatest mistake a man can make is to be afraid of making one." πŸ’ͺ
― Maxwell Maltz

Our self image, strongly held, essentially determines what we become."
― Maxwell Maltz

"You can always find the sun within yourself if you will only search." πŸŒ„
― Maxwell Maltz

"We age not by years but by events and our emotional reactions to them."
― Maxwell Maltz

"Do not tolerate for a minute the idea that you are prohibited from any achievement by the absence of in-born talent or ability.
This is a lie of the grandest order, an excuse of the saddest kind."
― Maxwell Maltz

"Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance."
β€”Bruce Barton

"Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as you can change your beliefs."
― Maxwell Maltz :heart:

dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
328472242 1164563304234167 8038847283705660860 n 328300204 509142341328266 3788864286327881057 n 331264363 1349035105886402 748973929001717562 n 329939747 3477266022558262 2668094495594298255 n

"The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature."
― Joseph Campbell

"You become mature when you become the authority of your own life."
― Joseph Campbell

"Nietzsche was the one who did the job for me. At a certain moment in his life,the idea came to him of what he called 'the love of your fate.' Whatever your fate is, whatever the hell happens, you say, 'This is what I need.' It may look like a wreck, but go at it as though it were an opportunity, a challenge. If you bring love to that moment--not discouragement--you will find the strength is there. Any disaster you can survive is an improvement in your character, your stature, and your life. What a privilege! This is when the spontaneity of your own nature will have a chance to flow.

Then, when looking back at your life, you will see that the moments which seemed to be great failures followed by wreckage were the incidents that shaped the life you have now. You'll see that this is really true. Nothing can happen to you that is not positive. Even though it looks and feels at the moment like a negative crisis, it is not. The crisis throws you back, and when you are required to exhibit strength, it comes."
― Joseph Campbell

"Life will always be sorrowful. We can't change it, but we can change our attitude toward it."
― Joseph Campbell

"Awe is what moves us forward."
― Joseph Campbell

"The best way to help mankind is through the perfection of yourself."
― Joseph Campbell

"The only way you can talk about this great tide in which you're a participant is as Schopenhauer did:
the universe is a dream dreamed by a single dreamer where all the dream characters dream too."
― Joseph Campbell

"Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it."
― Joseph Campbell

"Where there is a way or a path, it's someone else's way."
― Joseph Campbell

"Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. The very cave you are afraid to enter turns out to be the source of what you are looking for.
The damned thing in the cave that was so dreaded has become the center."
― Joseph Campbell

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Global Respondent Adjudicator
Jul 10, 2022
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you."

- Rocky Balboa

L

lukas19

Specialist
Jan 17, 2023
Sharing some of my fav uplifting quotes for hope and inspiration, thought the recovery fam would appreciate 'em too. Will periodically add more gems that I find on my way to recovery, feel free to join in! :heart:

ps. ya'll are really sweet, didn't expect to find such sensible souls in a place like this, skepticism turned into heartwarming & pleasant surprises. here's to many more such lessons. πŸ’•

A place you can always come back to for some soul fuel. πŸ™βœ¨

πŸ“š

"Sometimes even to live is an act of courage." ☯️
β€” Seneca

"When you are tempted to give up, your breakthrough is probably just around the corner." πŸŒ„
β€” Joyce Meyer

"No matter how bad a state of mind you may get into, if you keep strong and hold out, eventually the floating clouds must vanish and the withering wind must cease." β˜€οΈ
β€” Dogen

"You want to die? Then throw yourself into the sea and you'll see yourself fighting to survive. You do not want to kill yourself, rather you want to kill something inside of you"
β€” Arabic saying

🌻

"The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die."
β€” Juliette Lewis

"These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb."
β€” Najwa Zebian

"We held on to hope that better days were coming. And when we did, we were right." πŸŒ„
β€” The Mountain Goats

You and your purpose in life are the same thing. Your purpose is to be you.
―George Alexiou

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. 🎨
― Joseph Campbell

🌻

You believe you don't have the power you really have...
You're using your power right now to believe you're powerless.
That's how powerful you are! πŸ’ͺ

🌹

"My heart is afraid it will have to suffer. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams."
β€” Paulo Coelho

🌸

"Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious." 😎
― Rumi

🌷

I am realistic – I expect miracles. ―Wayne Dyer πŸŽ‡

Do anything, but let it produce joy. ―Walt Whitman 🌟

Reach for a thought that feels better. ―Abraham Hicks πŸ’–

Your thoughts become things. ―Rhonda Byrne

And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. 🌺
―Anais Nin

"But until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose otherwise." πŸ‘
― Stephen R. Covey

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." πŸ”₯
― Carlos Castaneda

"You are what you believe in. You become that which you believe you can become" i am amazing, i can do anything, all is well, i am strong, i can do it, i believe in me
― Bhagavad Gita

The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.
―Michel de Montaigne

Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy, and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance. πŸ™
―Elder Wisdom

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you."
― Rumi

"Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion." 🌌
― Rumi

"You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?"
― Rumi

"When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
― Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ― Rumi

"Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love." ― Rumi β˜„οΈ

🌻

"Times will change for the better when you change."

~ Maxwell Maltz

'You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.'

~ Alan Watts

'If everything around seems dark, look again, you may be the light.'

~ Rumi

'The endurance of darkness is preparation for great light' πŸŒ„

~ St. John of the Cross

'If you had not suffered as you have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humility, no compassion. You would not be reading this now. Suffering cracks open the shell of ego, and then comes a point when it has served its purpose. Suffering is necessary until you realize it is unnecessary.' πŸ’”

~ Eckhart Tolle

🌻

"If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life." ⚑

β€” Abraham Maslow

"You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it's better to listen to what it has to say." πŸ‘‚πŸ’š

β€” Paulo Coelho

"Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them." πŸ’‘

― Debbie Ford

"If you want the best the world has to offer, offer the world your best." 🎯

― Neale Donald Walsch

🌷

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." πŸ’•

β€” Elisabeth KΓΌbler-Ross

"The shadow is the greatest teacher for how to come to the light." β€” Ram Dass

"There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind." β€” C.S. Lewis

"I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." πŸš€

β€” F. Scott Fitzgerald

"You are proof that beauty can grow in the most difficult of places."

β€” Wednesday Holmes
‍

"If you're going through hell, keep going." ❀️‍πŸ”₯
β€” Winston Churchill

🌹

"You will one day experience joy that matches this pain. You will cry euphoric tears at the Beach Boys, you will stare down at a baby's face as she lies asleep in your lap, you will make great friends, you will eat delicious foods you haven't tried yet, you will be able to look at a view from a high place and not assess the likelihood of dying from falling. There are books you haven't read yet that will enrich you, films you will watch while eating extra-large buckets of popcorn, and you will dance and laugh and have sex and go for runs by the river and have late-night conversations and laugh until it hurts. Life is waiting for you. You might be stuck here for a while, but the world isn't going anywhere. Hang on in there if you can. Life is always worth it." 🎴

― Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive

"Once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." πŸƒ

"If you have ever believed a depressive wants to be happy, you are wrong. They could not care less about the luxury of happiness. They just want to feel an absence of pain." πŸ’š

"The key is in accepting your thoughts, all of them, even the bad ones. Accept thoughts, but don't become them. Understand, for instance, that having a sad thought, even having a continual succession of sad thoughts, is not the same as being a sad person. You can walk through a storm and feel the wind but you know you are not the wind."

‍
🌺

"You are worthy of seeing the sun rise again and again." πŸŒ„
β€” TWLOHA

"This is not the end of your story. You still have chapters to write, new characters to meet, and victories to celebrate. Keep going." πŸš£β€β™‚οΈπŸŒ‡
β€” TWLOHA
‍
🌸

"Love belongs to the people who feel they are not enough. Love belongs to the kids who grow up wondering why they're different. Love belongs to the person reading this right now. Love is for everyone." ♾️
β€” Erin Kingham

"The presence of fear and darkness does not mean that the hopeful parts of me cease to exist."
β€” Erin Frye,

"We are all that girl on the bathroom floor. Rock bottom just means crisis. It is not the end. Life does not evict us from anything unless it's inviting us to something better." πŸ“ˆ
‍— Glennon Doyle

βœŒοΈπŸ’•
No pain no gain!

Reactions: dreamscape1111
bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
"you may not climb up a mountain to a church built for g-d and finally touch the heavens, but you might meet an angel in the waiting room of a dentist's office through a relatively boring magazine"

Reactions: dreamscape1111
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
To destroy an undesirable rate of mental vibration,
concentrate on the opposite vibration to the one
to be suppressed ... What is the source of sadness
but feebleness of the mind? What gives it power
but the want of reason? Rouse yourself to the
combat, and it quits the field before you strike.
~ Khemetic Saying ~

The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to
bother about whether you are happy or not. The
cure for it is occupation.
~ George Bernard Shaw,

It is despair, and despair alone, that begets heroic
hope, absurd hope, mad hope.
~ Miguel de Unamuno

Why do you want to shut out of your life any
uneasiness, any misery, any depression, since after
all you don't know what work these conditions are
doing inside you?
~ Rainer Maria Rilke

The cause of your misery is not in your outer life; it
is in you, as your ego. You impose limitations on
yourself and then make a vain struggle to
transcend them.
~ Ramana Maharshi

I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off
and made some marmalade. It's amazing how it
cheers one up to shred oranges and scrub floors.
~ Lawrence ~

Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for
depression.
~ Dodie Smith

But the storm, painful as it is, might have had
some truth in it. So sometimes one has simply to
endure a period of depression for what it may hold
of illumination if one can live through it, attentive
to what it exposes or demands.
~ MaySarton

Hopelessness can arise, I think, only from an
inability to face the present, to live in the present,
to live as a responsible being among other beings in
this sacred world here and now, which is all we
have, and all we need to found our hope upon.
~ Ursula Le Guin

Distress tends to make you feel constricted in your
personal identity, but if you are thinking of the
distress of the whole of humanity, or even just the
sadness of people around you in your everyday life,
you begin to realize how puny your concern for
yourself is.
~ Vilayat Khan ~

Depression can be a signal to reexamine
assumptions and change strategies β€” a slowing
down to reorient. If we are to deal effectively with
problems, we have to see them realistically. And