• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Years ago, through a very close and formative relationship, I became acquainted with Borderline Personality Disorder, the struggles of people with these symptoms, and even how badly modern psychiatry can fail those who deal with it. In a way, this relationship started my interest in mental health and human psychology.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, posts about BPD are not uncommon here on SaSu. It's one of the diagnoses that many professionals consider "difficult", which can make getting proper treatment and support even more difficult than it is for other mental health issues.

Anyway, this isn't a "story time" thread so I'll get to the point. I'm listening to this podcast about BPD, and I'm liking it quite a bit. The host talks about it from a human, non-medicalised, well-researched angle. It seems like many people have found it beneficial in some way or another, so I thought I'd drop a link to it here. Who knows, maybe someone on here will give it a listen and get something out of it.

back from the borderline | Linktree

thrashisland

thrashisland

Jul 21, 2023
This is so great! as someone with BPD I always search for media on it since I've been failed so many times by the medical system

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Thank you for this. I long suspected I had bpd and that bipolar II was a misdiagnosis. I never sought a second opinion due to the stigma however. The psych ward is how I received my diagnosis. The moment the doctor had the dsm in his hands, I knew he was going to assess me for BPD, lol.

The stigma is lifting because people are realizing the disorder has many flavors and is highly treatable.

I am bumping this thread because I think it could be of use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toobrokentofix