• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I was thinking maybe we can make this thread to have resources and information about recovery. Those in recovery can post what's helping them even if it's I took a shower and it felt great or I found this telehealth website here that provides therapy. Something that people in recovery can add to this thread and keep it growing and for those who decide to join recovery to look at for ideas or inspiration towards recovery. A growing thread to provide information and learn from others. We can even have recovery helpers- people who are here who have spent a length of time in recovery that those newly trying recovery can make contact with. Thoughts? suggestions?

* I'm not very good at putting my thoughts into writing so I may not be expressing myself in the way I really intend. While I am in recovery I think, I'm trying to find information how to move forward with it. Somethings are obvious like somehow I need to find therapy. But how do I change how I've spent the last 3 years in deep depression, how do I change that. Having a recovery helper thread may help me start changing my ways I've gown used to being so depressed*

Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
I had a phone interview today that went really well. I always try to do at least one productive thing everyday. Finding work is most important to me right now, so I fill out some applications everyday. I want some new hobbies, that's what I'm working towards.

I'm not sure if this contributes much. I guess I'm just stating that it definitely helps when you have goals, no matter what they are. Some sort of self improvement is all I'm really salvaging from life right now.

Last edited:
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
I found journaling to be helpful, because I get to put all my thoughts and feelings on paper, without being judged. It's also great to be able to clear my mind, and to re-read and process things later, after I cool off a bit and have more distance from the situation that caused me pain, or made me angry etc.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
I found journaling to be helpful, because I get to put all my thoughts and feelings on paper, without being judged. It's also great to be able to clear my mind, and to re-read and process things later, after I cool off a bit and have more distance from the situation that caused me pain, or made me angry etc.

Hi this helps me too. I am always trying to keep up with it. I also like to use apps sometimes and for any planning which needs steps to achieve it I try the Focus Wheel. Blue / black and white icon in the App Store. Most of my notes are from using the apple own notes (dark screen for bad eyes) though I have a list of apps waiting.. that I used to turn to. I enjoy writing and so a lot of it. Have folders of poems, book notes begun with chapters.. I miss that. Xx
Hi this helps me too. I am always trying to keep up with it. I also like to use apps sometimes and for any planning which needs steps to achieve it I try the Focus Wheel. Blue / black and white icon in the App Store.

Most of my notes are from using the apple own notes (dark screen for bad eyes) though I have a list of apps waiting.. that I used to turn to. I enjoy writing and so a lot of it. Have folders of poems, book notes begun with chapters.. I miss that. Xx

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I had a phone interview today that went really well. I always try to do at least one productive thing everyday. Finding work is most important to me right now, so I fill out some applications everyday. I want some new hobbies, that's what I'm working towards.

I'm not sure if this contributes much. I guess I'm just stating that it definitely helps when you have goals, no matter what they are. Some sort of self improvement is all I'm really salvaging from life right now.

thank you for being the 1st contribution to this hopefully always growing thread. I have a goal of building my relationship with my younger son to be better than it was before my older son died, he needs a better new mom due to the loss we have suffered. I guess to add more since you suggested it- I will set a goal of working harder with my beads. Maybe start with a small weekly goal of hmm make 3 pairs of earrings this week. Great idea!

Thank you. I guess when I am motivated enough to go shopping I'll get myself a notebook to begin journaling. Thats a great suggestion

*EDIT Do we have anyone thats been in recovery for a while? that would be willing to be a contact for those newly in recovery to talk to?

I hope you get the job from your interview yesterday. Good luck

Last edited:
VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
1) I broke the silence. I told about my CTB idealization to my nuclear family (parents and sister), close friends, therapist and psychiatrist. (My parents and my friends are helping me a lot. I changed the therapist, and the psychiatrist prescribed me some anti-depressants.)
2) I tried to go after a religion or philosophy that identified me more, which was Buddhism. I started to practice meditation and read a lot about everything. Its helping me a lot because it gave me new perspectives to see life.
3) started some coping skills.
4) started to read books about self-knowlegded, psychology, etc.
5) I still thinking about do some exercise, but didnt got the courage yet.
6) I doing some journaling too. I'm trying to put some things i'm learning in the paper too.

I'm still depressed, but at least i'm not stuck in bed. I'm still idealizing CTB, but at a lower frequency. Past few days was not so good.
I'm trying hard to recover. I hope my movements will have some effect in the near future.

Last edited:
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
1) I broke the silence. I told about my CTB idealization to my nuclear family (parents and sister), close friends, therapist and psychiatrist. (My parents and my friends are helping me a lot. I changed the therapist, and the psychiatrist prescribed me some anti-depressants.)
2) I tried to go after a religion or philosophy that identified me more, which was Buddhism. I started to practice meditation and read a lot about everything. Its helping me a lot because it gave me new perspectives to see life.
3) started some coping skills.
4) started to read books about self-knowlegded, psychology, etc.
5) I still thinking about do some exercise, but didnt got the courage yet.

I'm still depressed, but at least i'm not stuck in bed. I'm still idealizing CTB, but at a lower frequency. Past few days was not so good.
I'm trying hard to recover. I hope my movements will have some effect in the near future.

I hope the next days will be better for you than the last few. Thank you so much for sharing all this with us. Number 3- what type of coping skills? I'm glad your parents and friends are helping a lot. I hope your new therapist/psychiatrist is able to help you better than the last.

Talking about discussing things with family- The day I ordered SN I was smiles ear to ear- I could not make it stop. I went pee and when I opened the bathroom door my mom was standing there. I was smiling and she said D your happy? whats going on? as the last 3 years I have a frown and cry all the time for my sons. One that died and one that moved away. I burst out laughing jumped up and down pointing up saying I'm going I'm going. It was the first happiness I had since my son died. So that night my mom called me to her room. I'm now 49 and she lives with me. She wanted to talk about my burst of pure true joy. So I told her, theres an organization that's given me a peaceful guaranteed way to go to Joey. I ordered my desired exit method today. My brother sister in law and 3 nephews also live with me. I've always been the go to when they all needed somewhere to stay. 2 days later my mom called me to her room and there was my brother. My mom was afraid because of the joy she saw about my order. They talked with me. I was honest yes I am going to Joey October 13. If you could feel my pain and torture for 5 minutes you would agree this is not something you can live with. I can't let you feel my pain but I am going to tell you that you wanting me to continue to exist like I am is selfish. I spend 24/7 in my room depressed hysterical crying. It's selfish because you don't want to loose me to force me to stay here. My brother had been heart broken, he daily expressed how much he loved me and I was his first friend and he always looked up to me. That I was the strongest person he knew and one day I will be that person again. I was warning them- be prepared I'm going. My younger son coming to me when he did and asking me to go spend time with him and asked me to teach him how to drive- is what stopped me from following through. I have to wonder if Joey my son whose died maybe gave his brother some feeling to reach out to me when he did.. if it weren't for that I would have been gone Oct 13th... I can say I felt better warning my mom & brother. I was afraid it would give my mom a heart attack her hearts bad. Having the warning she would have been better equipped mentally to deal with it.

VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
I hope the next days will be better for you than the last few. Thank you so much for sharing all this with us. Number 3- what type of coping skills? I'm glad your parents and friends are helping a lot. I hope your new therapist/psychiatrist is able to help you better than the last.

Talking about discussing things with family- The day I ordered SN I was smiles ear to ear- I could not make it stop. I went pee and when I opened the bathroom door my mom was standing there. I was smiling and she said D your happy? whats going on? as the last 3 years I have a frown and cry all the time for my sons. One that died and one that moved away. I burst out laughing jumped up and down pointing up saying I'm going I'm going. It was the first happiness I had since my son died. So that night my mom called me to her room. I'm now 49 and she lives with me. She wanted to talk about my burst of pure true joy. So I told her, theres an organization that's given me a peaceful guaranteed way to go to Joey. I ordered my desired exit method today. My brother sister in law and 3 nephews also live with me. I've always been the go to when they all needed somewhere to stay. 2 days later my mom called me to her room and there was my brother. My mom was afraid because of the joy she saw about my order. They talked with me. I was honest yes I am going to Joey October 13. If you could feel my pain and torture for 5 minutes you would agree this is not something you can live with. I can't let you feel my pain but I am going to tell you that you wanting me to continue to exist like I am is selfish. I spend 24/7 in my room depressed hysterical crying. It's selfish because you don't want to loose me to force me to stay here. My brother had been heart broken, he daily expressed how much he loved me and I was his first friend and he always looked up to me. That I was the strongest person he knew and one day I will be that person again. I was warning them- be prepared I'm going. My younger son coming to me when he did and asking me to go spend time with him and asked me to teach him how to drive- is what stopped me from following through. I have to wonder if Joey my son whose died maybe gave his brother some feeling to reach out to me when he did.. if it weren't for that I would have been gone Oct 13th... I can say I felt better warning my mom & brother. I was afraid it would give my mom a heart attack her hearts bad. Having the warning she would have been better equipped mentally to deal with it.
I can't even imagine your pain about your sons. No parent deserves to see her son go. I sent you a private message with a suggestion.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
bumping this up to see if anyone wants to add helpful information to help those who are choosing recovery. I would LOVE for this thread to become a major resource guide for others.

going to add to this- I am not sure how this is going to work. I am trying to find telehealth since no one takes my insurance for mental health where I live. I'm wondering if telehealth would be an option for some folks. The benefit is those of us with anxieties don't have to physically be in a psychiatrists office. If any one has experience with this type of therapy please chime in.