• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
"The third escape is that of strength and energy. It consists in destroying life, when one has understood that it is an evil and an absurdity. A few exceptionally strong and consistent people act so. Having understood the stupidity of the joke that has been played on them, and having understood that it is better to be dead than to be alive, and that it is best of all not to exist, they act accordingly and promptly end this stupid joke, since there are means: [pentobarbital, nitrogen exit-bag] ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶k̶n̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ; and the number of those of our circle who act in this way becomes greater and greater, and for the most part they act so at the best time of their life, when the strength of their mind is in full bloom and few habits degrading to the mind have as yet been acquired.

I saw that this was the worthiest way of escape and I wished to adopt it." --Leo Tolstoy

*Substituted method variables [stone age -to- industrial revolution suicide methodology] for: [state-of-the-art suicide methodology]

"All that is real is real in a moment, which is a succession of moments. Anything that is true is true of the present moment. Not only is time real, but everything that is real is situated in time. Nothing exists timelessly." --Lee Smolin

"...Nothing transcends time, not even the laws of nature. Laws are not timeless. Like everything else, they are features of the present, and they can evolve over time." --Lee Smolin

"Of all obstacles to a thoroughly penetrating account of existence, none looms up more dismayingly than "time." Explain time? Not without explaining existence. Explain existence? Not without explaining time." --John Archibald Wheeler

*If we accept Wheeler's equivalency between time & existence, and, if we accept an equivalency between nothingness & timelessness: there are no existing phenomena which transcend time if all that exists/is real, is a projection, outgrowth, or manifestation of, time itself; We can conclude that nothingness (as a state) can transcend [conscious experience of] time, and, all phenomena contained therein (within time).

Implications of relativity (socioeconomic well-being & quality-of-life index):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_century#Technological_predictions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale#Current_status_of_human_civilization

(6:11 - 9:11):

Last edited: