C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
I think this is what I'll use to (eventually) do the deed (full suspension). Obviously not a suggestion/advice/encouragement to anyone here. Ya'll gotta do what's best for you. I'm just curious to receive feedback on my choice. It's 12mm double-braided dockline. Nylon material. The website I got it from says 950 pound working load with tensile strength of nearly 5,000 pounds. It feels pretty soft/smooth to the touch and holds a basic slipknot really well.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Should be good!

Though it is not perfectly ideal, given it is Nylon (stretchiest of the 3 main materials, also some knots may be incompatible like with Polypropylene rope). But it's still a good choice and the material is by no means a deal breaker (just me being a perfectionist is all). 12mm is what you want. And 950lbs working load should be good peace of mind.

• Love
Reactions: ctbsd24
N

notsadtogo

Aug 23, 2024
I've bought what looks like exactly the same rope, It will definitely do the job.
Our SI on the other hand is another matter.
Good luck to us both whenever the time comes

• Love
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
You are brave to hang on totally. You will definitely get what you want. Good luck.

• Love
C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
Should be good!

Though it is not perfectly ideal, given it is Nylon (stretchiest of the 3 main materials, also some knots may be incompatible like with Polypropylene rope). But it's still a good choice and the material is by no means a deal breaker (just me being a perfectionist is all). 12mm is what you want. And 950lbs working load should be good peace of mind.
Thank you so much! I'm definitely accounting for the added "stretch" in my setup. Much appreciated 🙂
I've bought what looks like exactly the same rope, It will definitely do the job.
Our SI on the other hand is another matter.
Good luck to us both whenever the time comes
Oh I totally feel that. Me personally, I'm looking into benzos that I'll take on the Big Day. That's not advice or encouragement from me to you, just saying what my plan/goal is. Thank you for your response!

• Hugs
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It is great rope.
I have practiced with it and it is comfortble and crazy strong!

• Love