• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I have recently stumbled upon a few threads where a member incorrectly assumed another members gender. I was thinking it would be helpful if gender was able to be displayed as part of the information below the user's name (where post count and reaction score etc. are displayed)

L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I have recently stumbled upon a few threads where a member incorrectly assumed another members gender. I was thinking it would be helpful if gender was able to be displayed as part of the information below the user's name (where post count and reaction score etc. are displayed)

I don't think this is a bad idea per se. However not everyone wants their gender revealed, so as long as its optional, I don't see anything wrong with it.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah as above said, not everyone is comfortable sharing gender, also, not everyone identified as male or female. It might be easier to just say what pronouns do you use, but that seems overly technical.

Reactions: Carina and Lefty
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I would be happy for people to know I was female. I know not everyone likes to be identified but I have no problem with it, find it helpful in a way to know, although sometimes you can guess by the way people write or say things:smiling:

Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/account/ gives a few less-than-ideal options in the meantime. Location, website, custom title and signature could be used to add gender or preferred pronouns to each post. There's a gender option on that page as well, but I think it only shows on the About tab of someone's profile. And the choices are limited.

If it's relevant, about 11% of people responded in an admin survey that their gender was different than their birth sex.

Reactions: RainAndSadness
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/account/ gives a few less-than-ideal options in the meantime. Location, website, custom title and signature could be used to add gender or preferred pronouns to each post. There's a gender option on that page as well, but I think it only shows on the About tab of someone's profile. And the choices are limited.

If it's relevant, about 11% of people responded in an admin survey that their gender was different than their birth sex.

Quite interesting, to be honest. I was quite stunned at the 11%, but as a trans person, it makes sense to me. We're an extremely suicidal demographic group.