Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
She prescribed Lexapro for anxiety/depression and Adderall XR for ADHD. She said the other options were Wellbutrin or Sertera or something like that.

Any thoughts?

Thank you. I'm really freaking out about this, I've never used medication. I'm really scared I can't support myself in life.

Part of the medicine thing is believing as much as you can to the success of the medicine in helping you stabilize so you can do the best you can at life.i general. One of my degree programs required a dozen credit hours in the field of pharmacology so as to understand the benefits and contraindications of the meds. Lexapro has been around for awhile. Adderall is an old standby for ADD & ADHD. My nephew was in that for ADHD and he thinks the benefits were mixed at best. He always told me Uncle S I like the coffee effect just as much.

So a mixed review I suppose. Best of luck in corralling the elusive beast MDD. I've been trying for years with some good some "meh". If you decide to hang around maybe you would consider a commentary about how you feel after that course of meds please & thank you?

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
So far, I don't think I've noticed much of a difference from the Lexapro, which has been bumped up to 20mg now, and the Adderall XR, still at 10mg. I felt like the Adderall helped like the first week or so I was on it but I'm not sure it's done anything since.

The only thing that has really helped is what's terrible for the body, which is Klonopin. I only let myself take it once a week if even and only half, but I feel like that's the only drug that slows my brain down to what's probably close to the way other people think.

The anxiety and depression are still pretty bad but I guess I've kind of learned to live with it as much as I can for now. I don't know how anyone can live feeling like this for an entire lifetime, but I guess I just have to hope that won't happen, whether it's because I CTB or things get much better.
Part of the medicine thing is believing as much as you can to the success of the medicine in helping you stabilize so you can do the best you can at life.i general. One of my degree programs required a dozen credit hours in the field of pharmacology so as to understand the benefits and contraindications of the meds. Lexapro has been around for awhile. Adderall is an old standby for ADD & ADHD. My nephew was in that for ADHD and he thinks the benefits were mixed at best. He always told me Uncle S I like the coffee effect just as much.

So a mixed review I suppose. Best of luck in corralling the elusive beast MDD. I've been trying for years with some good some "meh". If you decide to hang around maybe you would consider a commentary about how you feel after that course of meds please & thank you?

Thanks, you too on attacking that beast.

Coffee hasn't been good for me but I think that's because my anxiety is so out of control. Maybe I need a boost in the dosage in Adderall XR or something.

But honestly my anxiety and depression are mostly about my circumstances. I think more natural remedies or even these meds might work better if my situation was better.

Last edited: