B

Boring-Flounder

Jul 1, 2020
I'm a photographer, and one of the things that I've always been curious about is ctb through use of darkroom chemicals that are easily accessible - particularly potassium ferricyanide used in cyanotype chemistry. I've been told by senior photographers to be cautious of this chemical in particular, and not to accidentally mix with black and white photo stop bath as the mixture results in cyanide synthesis. Now I'm no chemist by any means, though from my understanding I think converting ferricyanide to cyanide requires any means of a strong acid to rip the iron from the compound? Maybe mixing potassium ferricyanide with any strong floor cleaners with high hydrochloric acid may have the same effect? I don't think this would be any appropriate method though, the amounts of cyanide created would probably have to depend on concentration and purity. Just some thoughts and curiosities I've been having these last months. :) :)

Reactions: kinzokukae
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
I've pure potassium cyanide. But I preferred to use more peaceful method like SN.
I read many article and cases about potassium cyanide. That can be peaceful or not. No one know exactly because no one has been rescued from that. But about potassium ferricyanide, that doesn't work. If u can find potassium cyanide that works 100%

Reactions: kinzokukae