• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
(I just want to warn anyone briefly that this may be a though concept that can leave existential dread to some people who want to CTB and you may wish to end it peacefully, which is acceptible and I wish you luck in finding peace.)

This concept has been terryfing to me because of its philosophical implications on the nature of consciousness. It states that every possible option that can happen will happen but in alternate timelines. Think of the universe splitting off once an action has been taken. In one timeline concequence A takes place while in the other timeline concequence B takes place and they split from the original one. This is the basic concept of the parallel universe theory.

However from a certain Wendigoon video I watched he mentions quantom suicide. And it claims that at every point in time every possible option will happen in some timeline, including you killing yourself in every moment but it happens in its own separete timeline. While on the other end of the spectrum it could imply immortality because in the other infinite timelines your heart could stay beating for one second longer, and so on, until infinity. Which I think is impossible in practice and would not make sense at all. But if it is true it would imply quantom Immortality.

Now imagine you have a scenario where you attempt to CTB and there is 7 out of 10 chance of success. There could be 7 timelines in which you succeded(pray you are in one of those) while 3 in which you survivied. This would on its own be fine, because you are more likely to be living in a timeline in which you would die due to the chances. However where I find the concept much more terrying is even if you lived in the timeline where you die your conciosness could simply get transferred to another timeline where you did survive. You die succesfully in this timeline, but you still exist in those other ones, so your conscioss awareness simply starts following those versions who survivied. This is the part that scares me the most about this whole thing. It sort of makes sense because those other versions are still you just in paralel universes. Meaning that according to this theory you can still survive even with odds falling into your favor simply because those other versions of you continue to live on even after your death in this timeline.

Now lets say that even if you could still pull off to attempt another CTB after this where your chances of death are pretty high you would still survive because there is still like 9% chance you survive in another universe. I mean not that you would survive your conscioness would get transfered to that alive version and very unlucky version of you that is still alive. This means even if chance of survival is like 0.00001% you would still not be able to CTB your consciouss existence away because it keeps transferring into that still living version of yourself for infinity.

What do you think of this? I personally hope and believe that it is not true. I consider this a thought experiment. And belive that you can still safely end your suffering. But it does still linger on the side of my mind if it could be true. Thats all I had to say for now. I also hope I explained it to the best of my ability.

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
It's not technically probabilistically impossible under this model, but here's a thought I suppose. Have you ever experienced the consciousness of another version of you being transferred to you? Since you exist and are presumably old enough to have the physical capability of ending your own life, there should already be an infinite number of copies of you who have died. Since you have not experienced any one of them merging into your consciousness, the likelihood of the consciousness transfer being real should be more or less 0.

Perhaps another conclusion is that the consciousness transfer does not impart memories or have any noticeable effect on the version of you that receives it. In that case, would the other party be a powerless observer? But since it wouldn't even be able to have any thoughts that aren't from the you who received the transfer, can they even be said to exist? When your mind is transformed into a totally different person, are you still really alive? I would at least personally consider that ego death, since you can't retain memories or have independent thoughts and observations.

In the first place, is the version of you from a divergent quantum state even you at all? Even if there was a perfect clone of me made, I would consider them a different person from the moment we existed simultaneously because our experiences are divergent from the moment we both exist. Since the divergence necessarily entails a difference, even if it is a very slight one, that person is now no longer you, in my opinion. I suppose you could make an argument about a quantum soul which persists across all possible solutions to the wave function, but then, rather than being transferred to another version of you, all copies of you would just be one part of a whole to begin with.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
(I just want to warn anyone briefly that this may be a though concept that can leave existential dread to some people who want to CTB and you may wish to end it peacefully, which is acceptible and I wish you luck in finding peace.)

This concept has been terryfing to me because of its philosophical implications on the nature of consciousness. It states that every possible option that can happen will happen but in alternate timelines. Think of the universe splitting off once an action has been taken. In one timeline concequence A takes place while in the other timeline concequence B takes place and they split from the original one. This is the basic concept of the parallel universe theory.

However from a certain Wendigoon video I watched he mentions quantom suicide. And it claims that at every point in time every possible option will happen in some timeline, including you killing yourself in every moment but it happens in its own separete timeline. While on the other end of the spectrum it could imply immortality because in the other infinite timelines your heart could stay beating for one second longer, and so on, until infinity. Which I think is impossible in practice and would not make sense at all. But if it is true it would imply quantom Immortality.

Now imagine you have a scenario where you attempt to CTB and there is 7 out of 10 chance of success. There could be 7 timelines in which you succeded(pray you are in one of those) while 3 in which you survivied. This would on its own be fine, because you are more likely to be living in a timeline in which you would die due to the chances. However where I find the concept much more terrying is even if you lived in the timeline where you die your conciosness could simply get transferred to another timeline where you did survive. You die succesfully in this timeline, but you still exist in those other ones, so your conscioss awareness simply starts following those versions who survivied. This is the part that scares me the most about this whole thing. It sort of makes sense because those other versions are still you just in paralel universes. Meaning that according to this theory you can still survive even with odds falling into your favor simply because those other versions of you continue to live on even after your death in this timeline.

Now lets say that even if you could still pull off to attempt another CTB after this where your chances of death are pretty high you would still survive because there is still like 9% chance you survive in another universe. I mean not that you would survive your conscioness would get transfered to that alive version and very unlucky version of you that is still alive. This means even if chance of survival is like 0.00001% you would still not be able to CTB your consciouss existence away because it keeps transferring into that still living version of yourself for infinity.

What do you think of this? I personally hope and believe that it is not true. I consider this a thought experiment. And belive that you can still safely end your suffering. But it does still linger on the side of my mind if it could be true. Thats all I had to say for now. I also hope I explained it to the best of my ability.
I've heard about this, it's quantum immortality right? You can't live on forever though, I'm sure that you'll have to die eventually in one reality or another. The idea of your consciousness being perpetuated forever seems irrational to me.

Reactions: LonelyStarrySky
LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
I've heard about this, it's quantum immortality right? You can't live on forever though, I'm sure that you'll have to die eventually in one reality or another. The idea of your consciousness being perpetuated forever seems irrational to me.
Agreed, I have found the concept a bit silly rationally speaking because you have to die eventually, but it is a thought experiment rather than something real.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Agreed, I have found the concept a bit silly rationally speaking because you have to die eventually, but it is a thought experiment rather than something real.
Yeah it's an interesting thought experiment, but I don't think that realities in which you survived can keep branching off infinitely. What would be the point of that? There must be an end to consciousness. After all, we are all born and die in this world. Those two things are certain.

LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
Yeah it's an interesting thought experiment, but I don't think that realities in which you survived can keep branching off infinitely. What would be the point of that? There must be an end to consciousness. After all, we are all born and die in this world. Those two things are certain.
yeah I don't quite know if the multiple universes theory is correct, for what I know it might be, but I personally think that there is only one reality in which everything happens and has a certain chance of happening, but I still enjoy exploring other points of view for fun because its interesting to see how it would be if something else was true. And yeah there must be some point where our consciousness stops existing in both scenarios.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019

It's not so simple I'm afraid. Quantum Immortality is based on a literal interpretation of the Many Worlds Theory of quantum mechanics in that all physically possible configurations must take place (i.e. a quantum particle like an electron exists in all possible locations in it's own alternate univrse even extremely improbable ones.) Let's say you jump right into an active volcano and are incinerated to death instantly. Well, in another universe you exist for another microinstant before dying and in another universe you exist for another microinstant after that etc, etc which keeps going forever because, you know, infinite worlds. Even if the universe was nothing but a void you would still exist in some timeline somewheres. I probably butchered the explanation as I am in no way a theoretical physicist but intuitively I think I understand how it works to some degree at least.

I don't necessarily believe in MWT or quantum immortality but that is how it works from my limited understanding of it.

noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
>all copies of you would just be one part of a whole to begin with

This.

Multiple worlds where identical states exist, even if they are separated in time and space of the multiverse - the same state is the same. It's like an electron - it is one in the entire universe, because all the billions of electrons in the universe are the same, according to today's knowledge of physics, an electron has no individual differences.

If I exist here and somewhere else, at a huge space-time distance from me in a parallel universe, we are both in the same place and we are one and the same.

Literally any identical states billions of years and parsecs apart are in the same place.

In this light, erasing oneself through the Buddhist Noble Eightfold Path makes more sense. Nirvana is to fuck off and destroy the collapse of the wave function. When you eat LSD or psilocybil mushrooms, you may feel like you are blurring the hard boundary of wave function collapse and choosing one option for existence. Even erasing one billionth of a billionth of the wave function collapse under LSD already provides the most important experience in life, billions of times greater than anything that a person has ever experienced. Imagine nirvana - a COMPLETE cessation of the collapse of the wave function.
_

_

What about the growing difference between the quantum clones of me?
The consciousness of all living beings is the same. But it reflects different information from the senses, different memories. How different objects can be reflected in the same mirror.

Every thought that appears in the mind, every image, sound, sensation and so on - everything that creates difference/information is what creates existence, life and suffering. A billion absolutely identical, down to every atom, BMW cars - there is zero information here, because there are no differences.

Buddhism, the practice of renunciation and meditation erases the mind, erases the objects of the mind and erases the space where these objects existed, and thus erases existence (and suffering). The mind, at the level of the eighth jhana, ceases to exist because the mind no longer has any objects or anything that can contain objects. Complete zero.

Last edited:
noSuffering

noSuffering

May the Force be with Israel
May 7, 2023
UPDATE:

The more objects, desires, clinging, world in the mind - the greater the entropy, and the stronger the fetters and the stronger the existence and suffering. Following the Buddhist path of renunciation of the world, the number and strength of desires and objects of the mind decreases, and entropy/difference decreases. On the one hand, this is a gradual process of reducing the difference/objects/entropy of the mind, on the other hand, the very moment of transition to nirvana is instantaneous, like the transition to the other side of a mirror. From the Cantor set of our "reality" there is a transition into the void surrounding the zero measure, into a superposition of all possible states and the collapse of the collapse of the wave function. Or maybe there is a transition from reality to vacuum energy

Last edited:
NotDeanNorris

NotDeanNorris

-
Oct 30, 2023
T

Reminds me of the game SOMA and the concept of the Mauler Twins from Invincible
Yeah, I often say to me husband "I'm cursed, I'm going to live forever" because of the quantum nature of things.
We wouldn't know if we jumped to a near identical timeline because we are not expecting the level of continuance to come with it. We expect to feel a jump, but there is no jump, only continuance. We would have no idea if we did jump timelines.