• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

annxietty

annxietty

anxious
Mar 27, 2023
Im currently reading The Myth of Sisyphus by Camus, Its taking me ages because its my first time reading something like this, but Im enjoying it (next read is going to be The Stranger also by Camus)
But to answer your question, like the previous reply said Schopenhauer is someone you want to check out, never read his works (someday I will read them, I know) but I watched several videos about him, very interesting.
The Myth of Sisyphus is the first book Ive ever read that treats suicide like this... I recommend it, but you seem to know already so...
If you find something interesting share it please, I also find this very curious.

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Im currently reading The Myth of Sisyphus by Camus, Its taking me ages because its my first time reading something like this, but Im enjoying it (next read is going to be The Stranger also by Camus)
But to answer your question, like the previous reply said Schopenhauer is someone you want to check out, never read his works (someday I will read them, I know) but I watched several videos about him, very interesting.
The Myth of Sisyphus is the first book Ive ever read that treats suicide like this... I recommend it, but you seem to know already so...
If you find something interesting share it please, I also find this very curious.
I should probably read the myth, Camus is a really good philosopher, the stranger is one of my favorite books, read it multiple times.

Attachments

• 4E7651BA-FC6E-471C-9D37-E9C603339CBE.jpeg
    4E7651BA-FC6E-471C-9D37-E9C603339CBE.jpeg
    869.6 KB · Views: 0
annxietty

annxietty

anxious
Mar 27, 2023
I should probably read the myth, Camus is a really good philosopher, the stranger is one of my favorite books, read it multiple times.
Oooh you make me want to read it even more now lol and yeah give Sisyphus a try when you can, Ive come to realize is one of those books you understand better and better as you reread it, I read multiple chapters two or more times just so I could understand everything better, still a long way to go tho...

Also I see you read in spanish, que coincidencia yo igual jajaja aunque mi edición de El Extranjero es diferente, la compré en segunda mano. Mi edición del mito si es igual a esa, imposible encontrar ese libro en segunda mano por donde vivo jajajaja saludos.

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Oooh you make me want to read it even more now lol and yeah give Sisyphus a try when you can, Ive come to realize is one of those books you understand better and better as you reread it, I read multiple chapters two or more times just so I could understand everything better, still a long way to go tho...

Also I see you read in spanish, que coincidencia yo igual jajaja aunque mi edición de El Extranjero es diferente, la compré en segunda mano. Mi edición del mito si es igual a esa, imposible encontrar ese libro en segunda mano por donde vivo jajajaja saludos.
ay que coincidencia! este si que lo encontre en un mercadillo por 5€, pero a ver si encuentro a sisiphus. Saludos desde españa!

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
Often surprises me David Hume isn't more prevalent in these discussions. He tackles a lot of the pro-life rhetoric of religious society in remarkably simple and direct ways.

Also, while more of an academic psychiatrist than philosopher, Thomas Szasz offers a pretty unique take on suicide within a libertarian framework of mental health.

WretchedDreams

WretchedDreams

Quiet hopelessness
Feb 20, 2023
Philip Mainlander!! He committed suicide himself after finishing redemption of philosophy. He's the most pessimistic philosopher in my opinion.
His brother Daniel committed suicide when he was young and far away in Italy. Then after the first edition of his Magnum Opus he hanged himself, then Minna, his sister, took a lot of pains to collect the work of her late brother....when all of it was nice an tidy she too took her own life.

Quite the commited family, i admire their example.