• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Does anyone know of any sites/apps/etc for finding a specific person to connect with, kind of like a penpal? I prefer talking to one person who is similarly aged and has a common condition. I think my goal is a more personal connection and I-check-on-you/you-check-on me relationship. I know this is kind of a shot in the dark; searching online is tricky because the moment you put in "suicide" or "depression" you get inundated with hotlines and resources that aren't actually helpful.

Thanks for any time or input!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
i think thats kinda what the recovery partners section is for. although personally i found better people to talk to by just being apart of the community and making friends. idk maybe thats worked for others. theres a few people here that im friends with and we check up on each other now and again.

Reactions: ERASED
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
i think thats kinda what the recovery partners section is for. although personally i found better people to talk to by just being apart of the community and making friends. idk maybe thats worked for others. theres a few people here that im friends with and we check up on each other now and again.

^ this and you should also join the general chat on this site.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Either here or on Reddit there's a lot of subreddits where you could post something similar
Subreddits: suicide watch, depression...
theres a bunch

RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
Thanks for pointing that out; I had not seen that thread yet. I will post in there and see if i can find someone. Thanks :)
Either here or on Reddit there's a lot of subreddits where you could post something similar
Subreddits: suicide watch, depression...
theres a bunch
Reddit has been tricky for me. There are SO many new posts that you can get buried almost instantly. Also, I don't consider Reddit a safe space; there seem to be a lot of people lurking there who have ill intents.
^ this and you should also join the general chat on this site.
Are you referring to the Discord or is there a different General Chat? I haven't been on the site long enough to get an invite to the Discord yet :\

Last edited:
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
i see, that sucks. There's also this sites chat or the discord chat. I don't use this chat here that much so I can't say much about it but on the discord it seems pretty chill

Reactions: ERASED
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Are you referring to the Discord or is there a different General Chat? I haven't been on the site long enough to get an invite to the Discord yet :\

You can join the general chat once you are here for 24 hours, I think. From what I hear, the chat is more active than the discord.

Reactions: RealHumanBean
RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
You can join the general chat once you are here for 24 hours, I think. From what I hear, the chat is more active than the discord.
Ahahaha, I'm like where the hell is the chat, then checked my profile and realized I have been a member for 23 hours and 58 minutes. I'll wait a few i guess!

Reactions: Nature_is_God
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Ahahaha, I'm like where the hell is the chat, then checked my profile and realized I have been a member for 23 hours and 58 minutes. I'll wait a few i guess!
i personally dont like the chat here. i find it better to avoid it. but maybe it fits you