• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

rainwillneverstop

rainwillneverstop

Global Mod | Serious Health Hazard
Jul 12, 2022
Many people who cannot access or afford standard therapy might find some help in video meetings and classes with online support groups and organisations.

This information is not designed to be a replacement for professional therapy but for many will also be much better than nothng.

Some of them are run by professionals, and some are just peer support but there is a combination of psycho-educational classes and community, covering a wide range of issues.

Many of the groups are international, so it's worth checking on available countries for them. Others are more USA centered, because that is what is currently coming up in search results but more can be added as they are found.

The list of resources are in alphabetical order

Anxiety and Depression Association of America

Brain Injury Association of America Support groups and meetings for people with brain injury and/or their carers.

Clutterers Anonymous A 12-step fellowship where members share their experience, strength and hope to solve their common problem with clutter.

Compassionate Friends The Compassionate Friends offers "virtual chapters" through an Online Support Community (live chats). This program was established to encourage connecting and sharing among parents, grandparents, and siblings (over the age of 18) grieving the death of a child.

Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance

Dual Recovery Anonymous is an independent, nonprofessional, Twelve Step, self-help membership organization for people with a dual diagnosis.​

Eating Disorders Anonymous (EDA) is a Twelve-Step fellowship of individuals (founded in 2000 by sober members of AA) who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problems and help others to recover from their eating disorders. The only requirement for membership is a desire to recover from an eating disorder.

Emotions Anonymous Emotions Anonymous was formed by a group of individuals who found a new way of life by working the Twelve-Step program of Alcoholics Anonymous, as adapted for people with emotional problems.

Encircle Friendship Circles: Support groups that connect LGBTQ+ folx in a safe, confidential, affirming environment, and are led by our facilitators who ensure everyone is included and heard. Groups are organized by sexuality, age, and/or gender identity. Across all Encircle Friendship Circles, 98% of guests report feeling connected to other group members, feeling an increased amount of well-being and learning emotional and psychological skills to navigate the challenges they are facing. Also included are meetings for families and allies (18+) of LGBTQ+ individuals to educate and help create understanding & acceptance.

Gay and Sober Gay & Sober's mission is simple – to provide a safe, fun, and enriching experience to the sober LGBTQ community. Our primary purpose is to encourage unity and enhance one's sobriety. The nonprofit organization was started because we found that crystal meth was impacting the community at an alarming scale. We realize that there is a direct correlation with drug use and HIV infection rates amongst gay and queer men and others in the LGBTQ+ community. We also determined that LGBTQ+ people were struggling with getting sober and staying sober from alcohol and drugs. Our aim is to create a safe space for LGBTQ+ people to gather in-person and online for health & wellness, educational recovery programming, and fun social activities.

Hearing Voices USA

In The Rooms
In The Rooms is a free online recovery tool that offers 130 weekly online meetings for those recovering from addiction and related isissues. They embrace multiple pathways to recovery, including all 12 Step, Non-12 Step, Wellness and Mental Health modalities.

International OCD Foundation

Livewell Foundation
support groups are strategically designed to educate, inspire, and empower you to take control of your own depression and mental health self-care. In a supportive community of peers, learn new strategies and skills for reducing symptoms and relapses of depression, and for living a more meaningful, connected, and productive life.

The Loft The LOFT knows how important it is for our LGBTQ+ community to continue to safely connect with one another, especially in times of elevated stress and public concern. The LOFT's Groups Form which is linked below indicates whether an event is taking place virtually, hybrid or in-person.

NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by trained leaders who've been there.

Narcotics Anonymous

National Alliance for Eating Disorders (NADA) provides free, weekly, therapist-led eating disorder support groups (both virtual and in-person), these communities not only aid in decreasing isolation, but provide individuals with a sense of belonging

Overeaters Anonymous

Pink Spots A directory of a variety of online recovery and support groups for the LGBTQ+ community.

Postpartum Support International

Recovery Dharma
Recovery Dharma offers a trauma-informed, empowered approach to recovery based on Buddhist principles. The program is peer-led and non-theistic. They welcome all those who wish to pursue recovery as part of their community.

Recovery International

Seattle Voice Lab - Free Trans Voice Training (Discord) The Seattle Voice Lab Discord server is a space where you can connect with others who are on the same journey to find their true voices. In the server, they provide various resources and tools to help you empower yourself at every stage of your voice training, including channels where you can ask for feedback on your voice, channels to discuss voice questions or share progress, and voice channels where their teachers host regular events, group lessons, and practice sessions, all for free.

Self-Injury Recovery and Awareness or "SIRA" for short, focuses on filling the massive gap of care for the self-injury community by teaching them how to heal from the inside-out, through a peer-to-peer support group model.

SAVE.org Grief support groups for suicide attempt survivors and also those bereaved by suicide.

Sex Addicts Anonymous A fellowship of individuals who share their experience, strength, and hope with eachother so they may overcome their sexual addiction and help others recover from sexual addiction or dependency.

S-Anon The S-Anon 12 Step program provides support for family & friends of sex addicts.

SMART Recovery

TLC Foundation For body focused repetitive behaviours e.g skin picking, hair pulling etc.

What's Your Grief The What's Your Grief Online Grief Community brings grieving people together to support each other in their grief and help them navigate their day-to-day lives in the wake of loss.​

Workaholics Anonymous

More support groups can be found on Crisis Text line and information on where else to find help in USA can be found at samosa.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
beyondthestars

beyondthestars

Hello dear people ❤️
Mar 14, 2021
Thanks so much! That's a very helpful resource :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Wineeverynight

Wineeverynight

Jun 28, 2021
Hey thanks. Does anyone have any UK resources? I looked yesterday only found mind and shout, seems like they're pretty awful. Maybe the reviews were unjustly bad. Sorry I'm new here.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Hey thanks. Does anyone have any UK resources? I looked yesterday only found mind and shout, seems like they're pretty awful. Maybe the reviews were unjustly bad. Sorry I'm new here.

majrty of grps listd r internatnl s/ thy wll hve UK contingents

If u r lookng fr specifc topc thn snd slf d.m & wll C wht cn fnd

beyondthestars

beyondthestars

Hello dear people ❤️
Mar 14, 2021

Are you looking for local UK meetups? Or is it just a timezone issue?

If you feel like online meetups there are some good options.
Some of the US online meetups fall into decent timezones for europe. E.g early morning eastern US is around 12 UK. Midday US is evening in Europe.

In case anyone else needs it, here are a couple from the above list that have meetings in EU friendly time zones.

There might be others as well.

I think the time difference with UK is 4 to 10 hours, as US has so many different time zones.

Edit: I accidentally posted tartales.org instead of another link I wanted to post. I don't remember which site the other link was. Tartales seems a good resource as well, but they don't have any online meetups AFAIK.

Last edited:
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Some of the US online meetups fall into decent timezones for europe. E.g early morning eastern US is around 12 UK. Midday US is evening in Europe.

In case anyone else needs it, here are a couple from the above list that have meetings in EU friendly time zones.

I think the time difference with UK is 4 to 10 hours, as US has so many different time zones.

Whre dd u fnd Tar Tles - slf cn add tht 1 as an indivdl grp on th/ lst

Wineeverynight

Wineeverynight

Jun 28, 2021

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if it was exclusive to people residing in the US, but timezones arent really an issue. Being at home is an issue, but hopefully I can figure that out as I am trying to move out. I really appreciate the reply :)

• Hugs
Reactions: beyondthestars
beyondthestars

beyondthestars

Hello dear people ❤️
Mar 14, 2021
Whre dd u fnd Tar Tles - slf cn add tht 1 as an indivdl grp on th/ lst

Edit: I accidentally posted tartales.org instead of another link I wanted to post. I don't remember which site the other link was. Tartales seems a good resource as well, but they don't have any online meetups AFAIK.
Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if it was exclusive to people residing in the US, but timezones arent really an issue. Being at home is an issue, but hopefully I can figure that out as I am trying to move out. I really appreciate the reply :)

I don't think it's an issue, although I didn't manage to join any meetings yet. But I'm sure on many meetups they don't care where you're from as long as you speak English.

By the way, I accidentally posted a wrong link. I edited the original post. Good luck! Hope the moving out will happen quickly and smoothly :-)