• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
How effective are epilepsy medications for overdosing? I'm aware that newer meds like levetiracetam are very safe and wont kill you, but how about sodium valproate, carbamazepine and phenytoin? They're the most common epilepsy meds to overdose on but how effective are they and how painful will the death be? I've also researched how much I would need to take to die and I found this table about overdosing on VP:

Severity of toxicity is related to the dosage ingested:

• <200mg/kg: nil to minor effects, i.e. mild drowsiness
  • 200 – 400mg/kg: moderate toxicity, i.e. CNS depression
  • 400 — 1000 mg/kg: severe toxicity, i.e. Coma
  • >1g/kg: potentially life threatening, i.e. profound coma, multi-organ toxicity including hypotension, metabolic (lactic) acidosis, cerebral oedema, biochemical abnormalities, bone marrow suppression

>1g/kg is an enormous amount, I would need to take more than a year's worth of medication. It could also be a bit suspicious if I switch my medication from a safer one to a waay more dangerous dangerous pills and then buy like 5 years' worth of it. Should I just look for more possible and just easier alternatives?

Reactions: keyakizaka
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Should I just look for more possible and just easier alternatives?
Hey, sorry you're feeling so low.
I'd say yes, look for alternatives. Like the vast majority of medications, nothing about the chemical makeup of epilepsy meds suggests they are reliable for the purpose of lethal overdosing. It is possible but easily preventable with medical help. I would reconsider this method.

Reactions: kiuya
kiuya

kiuya

Tired
Nov 16, 2021
Hey, sorry you're feeling so low.
I'd say yes, look for alternatives. Like the vast majority of medications, nothing about the chemical makeup of epilepsy meds suggests they are reliable for the purpose of lethal overdosing. It is possible but easily preventable with medical help. I would reconsider this method.
Thanks. I thought since some epilepsy meds are lethal to fetus' they could also be a noteworthy way to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
VikingHagstrom

VikingHagstrom

Sep 8, 2021
Hi a few years ago I was taking 200mg lamotrigine a day, one day I took more than 1g and my heart was beating really fast and it was unpleasant but that was it. You should look for another sokution, like sn for example

Reactions: kiuya and GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I thought since some epilepsy meds are lethal to fetus' they could also be a noteworthy way to ctb.
I wouldn't rely on that as an indication. Fetuses are way more fragile than us fully formed human beings. A lot of super mundane stuff is lethal to fetuses.
Generally, I'd advise agaist medication overdose - only a handful of highly controlled substances are more or less reliably lethal, the rest can ruin your liver and kidneys but not kill you in most cases. I second @VikingHagstrom - if you would like to just ingest something and peacefully CTB your best bet is probably SN.

• Informative
Reactions: kiuya and VikingHagstrom