• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
That last paragraph he writes is very American

Lots of people have a loving family, partners, and even friends who very much give a shit
I do not agree with everything in the article, but I like the idea of people taking responsibility for themselves and being mindful of what they are bringing to the table. Treating others like doormats and expecting that they unconditionally love us in spite of that is insane.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I do not agree with everything in the article, but I like the idea of people taking responsibility for themselves and being mindful of what they are bringing to the table. Treating others like doormats and expecting that they unconditionally love us in spite of that is insane.
Oh I know a fun game!

Let's both make comments directed at each other due to the fact that we love each other but drive each other up the wall because of where we each are in life.

That sounds fun, no?

Reactions: waived
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Oh I know a fun game!

Let's both make comments directed at each other due to the fact that we love each other but drive each other up the wall because of where we each are in life.

That sounds fun, no?
Not interested in airing my dirty laundry in public, I find it undignified. If you want to talk, you know where to find me, but I am not interested in being a prop or a punching bag.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Not interested in airing my dirty laundry in public, I find it undignified. If you want to talk, you know where to find me, but I am not interested in being a prop or a punching bag.
I'm not interested in being a punch bag either.

I think we should just occasionally talk on here, but no more.
That's how I'm feeling at the moment, sorry.
The things said off site were very hurtful.

Reactions: waived
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I'm not interested in being a punch bag either.

I think we should just occasionally talk on here, but no more.
That's how I'm feeling at the moment, sorry.
The things said off site were very hurtful.
You said you wanted me not to contact you again and I wasn't planning to. I take these things seriously, like I said before. Yes, the things said off site were hurtful for me too. Other people have feelings too, it is puzzling, I know.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
You said you wanted me not to contact you again and I wasn't planning to. I take these things seriously, like I said before. Yes, the things said off site were hurtful for me too. Other people have feelings too, it is puzzling, I know.
You mean other human beings apart from me experience emotions?

You're not being serious, surely?

Last edited:
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
You mean other human beings apart from me experience emotions?

You're not being serious, surely?
I know that is a new concept for you, glad I could help you learn something new.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
My friend doesn't give a shit about me unless they also receive friendship in various ways that they value, creating a friendship. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I definitely agree with parts of this article. Living in California, an area where everyone is supposedly so progressive and accepting of everyone, I see so many people being fake about how much they care about stuff. So many people here won't admit that they only care about certain political issues for the clout it would give them or the social attention they receive for choosing the correct side. I wish more people would realize they were doing this because it sure would cut a lot of the BS out of the conversations people around me have about each other.

Personally for me, I don't believe that I'm ever going to have anything to offer to anyone, especially not romantically. Maybe to my family and friends I'm useful because I am such a literal doormat who hates themselves. These same qualities that my friends and family like about me are probably what's shrinking my romantic pool and making it difficult for me to seem appealing. I don't know...

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I disagree that 'it's just human nature' though.

I think that there is a human nature, but just how much our social and inter-personal behavior is due to this unspecified human nature, and how much is due to socioeconomic environment is a not clear cut.

If you look at certain primitive or tribal cultures, or island and rainforest cultures, which were more or less isolated from western economic development, i.e. feudalism through to the industrial revolution, capitalism, neoliberalism, crony capitalism etc, they had a radically different way of perceiving the self in relation to others, resulting from their socioecomonic arrangements, which had nothing to do with capitalism, individualism, but had more in common with a pure form of communism.

Sure they have hierarchies and relations of power, in the form of tribal leaders and witchdoctors etc, but in a much more benign and less exploitative form than advanced industrial or post-industrial capitalist systems.
Relations of care and reciprocity and duty, lack of notions like private property or absolute ownership, fuelled economic altruism and group solidarity, and the 'self' was derivative and marginal, subsumed under the needs of the society/group.

It may be argued that those tribal cultures were much smaller, therefore could afford to implement these communist type societies. It may even be argued that capitalism in those very small societies would in fact be detrimental and unworkable, therefore suboptimal from an evolutionary standpoint, since the machinations of capitalist power and wealth accumulation through exploitation cannot be made opaque or obscured due to their smallness and openness. It may even be an anachronism to assume that capitalism could get started in those societies, since they lack an efficient mode of producing a consistent surplus of goods and services, an advanced monetary system, a system of class division etc.
Maybe I'm idealizing such tribes and cultures too, as they also went to war with other tribes, probably practiced sacrifices etc.

It may be the case that the size of a society brings out different aspects of a pre-existing human nature or human psychology, i.e. smaller societies tend towards altruism and larger ones tend towards selfishness, since people only have a limited capacity to be able to extend their 'care' when large scale numbers are involved. As an example, possibly millions were killed due to America invading Iraq in 2003. Yet these are just abstract numbers, it doesn't result in people deeply 'caring', unless they were directly or indirectly affected, although they may think it was a war crime and go on marches. But when we are shown the wikileaks videos of those American helicopters brutally shooting down 12 or so people, then shooting dead the rescuers along with children, whilst hearing the perpetrators enjoying it and congratulating themselves, this brings out a sense of moral repulsion and disgust, and a deep sentiment that something terrible and unforgivable was done.
The whistleblower in this case, chelsea manning, wrote this when she handed over the videos to wikileaks:

"This is one of the most significant documents of our time removing the fog of war and revealing the true nature of 21st century asymmetric warfare."

Did they also reveal the true nature of human nature, when there is no accountability and the psyche can indulge its most brutal and destructive desires? Perhaps. Perhaps also the mode of economic arrangement that gave rise to it is partly responsible for nurturing and cultivating such base and wicked tendencies in the first place.

I just think that perhaps these common phrases about mode of behavior x 'just being human nature' serve as smokescreens invented by the elite, behind which a whole apparatus of behavioral conditioning through contingent and artificial socioeconomic structures and power relations can be obscured and dissimulated. The aim is to make capitalism, and the types of behaviors it gives rise to, appear to be a natural phenomenon and an 'emergent property' arising necessarily from the structure of reality itself.

Last edited:
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
The article says "nobody cares for you not your family not your parents" What bullshit.

Reactions: lobster salad
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
The article says "nobody cares for you not your family not your parents" What bullshit.

Maybe it is bullshit, but everyone does not have a loving family. Family members also may lose their patience with people who struggle with mental illness, unemployment and are experiencing financial difficulties. All human relationships are reciprocal and in many cases, your own family will discard you if you bring nothing but pain to them.

Last edited:
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
Maybe it is bullshit, but everyone does not have a loving family. Family members also may lose their patience with people who struggle with mental illness, unemployment and are experiencing financial difficulties.
True that. Although I would say most parents around the world do give a shit about their offspring. The writer of this article overlooks this obvious point which leads me to believe he is full of shit with his self-improvement enthusiasm.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
True that. Although I would say most parents around the world do give a shit about their offspring. The writer of this article overlooks this obvious point which leads me to believe he is full of shit with his self-improvement enthusiasm.
Possibly.

Reactions: Despairing

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Amen. I'm glad to be aware of my own selfish nature, and to believe that others are no different in this regard. I have easier time not to hold unrealistic expectations towards others, worry and suffer less because of that. The readers are proposed to raise their value, to become more desirable and get what they want in life. I don't have to look far to see what's in it for the article author. He goes on a speech, tries to encourage people to raise their value, and in his shop section he sells mastery lessons.

That isn't to say I disagree with the ideas in the article. Just instead of raising my value I've chosen to use the resources I have to make reasonable offers. I like video games and have lots of free time, so occasionally I'm looking for gaming partners.

What the article isn't mentioning is that not everyone will successfully raise personal value high enough to get what they want, like for that guy to fly first class. (Raising value, or resourcefulness, requires resources.) That's not in the interests of self-improvement gurus who sell their mastery.

It's partly why I want to part with this world. Humans have to be capable enough to get the things they want. Not getting things results in unpleasant feelings, or hunger. At the same time not everyone is eligible for satisfying personal hunger, and I feel like I'm one of these people. I do not wish to participate in this auction.

I agree with the line in a sense that family members are fulfilling their own biological objectives, but I think that the quote may alienate the readers from other people, even their closed ones. Article author comes up as a savior, and sells lessons or books that will presumably give you what you want.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Maybe it is bullshit, but everyone does not have a loving family. Family members also may lose their patience with people who struggle with mental illness, unemployment and are experiencing financial difficulties. All human relationships are reciprocal and in many cases, your own family will discard you if you bring nothing but pain to them.
Yeah really. I hate the holidays or mother's/father's day because people will ask about it in small talk conversation to be nice. I'm estranged from my family, and it really just makes me look like the asshole. Having a mother and father and healthy family is expected.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Amen. I'm glad to be aware of my own selfish nature, and to believe that others are no different in this regard. I have easier time not to hold unrealistic expectations towards others, worry and suffer less because of that. The readers are proposed to raise their value, to become more desirable and get what they want in life. I don't have to look far to see what's in it for the article author. He goes on a speech, tries to encourage people to raise their value, and in his shop section he sells mastery lessons.

That isn't to say I disagree with the ideas in the article. Just instead of raising my value I've chosen to use the resources I have to make reasonable offers. I like video games and have lots of free time, so occasionally I'm looking for gaming partners.

What the article isn't mentioning is that not everyone will successfully raise personal value high enough to get what they want, like for that guy to fly first class. (Raising value, or resourcefulness, requires resources.) That's not in the interests of self-improvement gurus who sell their mastery.

It's partly why I want to part with this world. Humans have to be capable enough to get the things they want. Not getting things results in unpleasant feelings, or hunger. At the same time not everyone is eligible for satisfying personal hunger, and I feel like I'm one of these people. I do not wish to participate in this auction.

I agree with the line in a sense that family members are fulfilling their own biological objectives, but I think that the quote may alienate the readers from other people, even their closed ones. Article author comes up as a savior, and sells lessons or books that will presumably give you what you want.

I have raised my value all the time, had all the things to offer. Intellectual, practical, physical, you name it. It does not necessarily buy you anything you need. I did not reas he con artist's article, however, it is enough to look at the stories of useful people getting fucked over and leeches winning.

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I already knew this but it's nice to see someone less stupid than me putting it into coherent words.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I have raised my value all the time, had all the things to offer. Intellectual, practical, physical, you name it. It does not necessarily buy you anything you need. I did not reas he con artist's article, however, it is enough to look at the stories of useful people getting fucked over and leeches winning.
I agree. Valuable people attract better deals, better propositions, but also more scams and extortions. Buying things I need would require me to manage my value. The more valuable I'm appearing to others, the harder others would try to use me, the more sophisticated manipulative tricks would be used to extract my value.