• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Also, castles are amazing af. I'd love to go to Japan and Europe to see them closely.
If only I could've seen what Ashikaga Takaujis Sanjo Takakura mansion looked like 680+ years ago because it wasn't anything like what the Oritoyo and Edo Daimyo built in the 1580s onwards. As much as I'd love to see Kanazawa, Himeji, Hikone, Matsumoto, Osaka, Fushimi, Okayama, Hiroshima and Sendai, I'd have loved to see how the shugo of the Nanboku-cho lived, nevermind the lower class bushi who had to sell some of their estate and other belongings to gather funds to go to war on their own account.

Yeahh, dragon's dogma 1 was one of my favorite games ever. I spent so many hours playing that, and i can't wait to play the second one.
On my birthday i hope to do something fun.
And i hope that maybe next year i will meet someone, who knows? haha i am feeling a bit optimistic
Wouldn't blame you. It all sounds really something to be optimistic about.

Reactions: almaPerdida
almaPerdida

almaPerdida

"Oh God, I’m so depressed." - Marvin
Nov 24, 2023
If only I could've seen what Ashikaga Takaujis Sanjo Takakura mansion looked like 680+ years ago because it wasn't anything like what the Oritoyo and Edo Daimyo built in the 1580s onwards. As much as I'd love to see Kanazawa, Himeji, Hikone, Matsumoto, Osaka, Fushimi, Okayama, Hiroshima and Sendai, I'd have loved to see how the shugo of the Nanboku-cho lived, nevermind the lower class bushi who had to sell some of their estate and other belongings to gather funds to go to war on their own account.
I think it would be amazing if we could see the past and watch it like a movie, exactly what happened. I'd love to see how some cultures were back then, how the houses were built etc.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I think it would be amazing if we could see the past and watch it like a movie, exactly what happened. I'd love to see how some cultures were back then, how the houses were built etc.
Ahh, the Nanboku-cho jidai was such a chaotic period and as much as I would've loved to see the Genko no ran in 1333, Nakasendai war in 1335, the Battle of Minatogawa in 1336 or the Battle of Chikugo in 1359 as well as the several battles that took place for control over Kyoto by both sides, those battles were brutal and very bloody, considering how battles changed from the Kamakura period to the Nanboku-cho period, the numbers of armies were larger and the mobilization of them had to be faster. Takauji died as a result of injuries from the battles he took part in, accumulated over the twenty odd years he spent fighting and he fought in the biggest battles of the period.

The fact that lower class samurai had to fight with everything on line because it was due to rewards they needed for the war effort they funded out of their own pockets, even dotting down random information like taking an enemy's flag to file for report, it shows just how much of a very hard time except for the big warriors at the top of the Ashikaga Shogunate or those that supported the Southern Court in Yoshino, even so, it was a difficult time all around from the farmers, to the temples all the way to the top warriors in the country at that time.

But yes, I would've loved to see things for myself instead of just reading it through books, old sources from that time period referenced in these books and blogs.

Last edited:
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Ah soooo many places I'd visit if I ever went to Japan. Castles, shrines, museums, battlefields, mountains, etc...
It's a wonderful country to visit. My partner and I like to go on vacation there together

Reactions: Goku Black
museumofthunder

museumofthunder

my final bellyache
Sep 9, 2023
I'm going to be visiting my boyfriend in the spring! We're long distance, so we don't get to see each other too often. I always feel better when I'm with him.