• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
H

Holy shit it's almost as high as Empire State Building?
It might look like it is from the pic, but there's a 375ft difference going by the numbers in that pic.

Reactions: rozeske
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
the bridge didn't even make the hornor row.
if less people use this bridge than golden gate bridge, even though it is taller than golden gate bridge, does it mean that it's so good a spot to use as jumping?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
if less people use this bridge than golden gate bridge, even though it is taller than golden gate bridge, does it mean that it's so good a spot to use as jumping?
i guess so

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I would guess one of the reasons for this is that New River Gorge is located much more isolated then many of the other bridges. Everyone that has jumped this bridge, has died. So it doesn't really seem like there should be anything wrong with the bridge.
Taking suicide no matter what you choose will always be risky. So 🤷

Last edited:
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
The bridge has been getting a lot of publicity over the years because of how many people jumped. I'm not sure about how the current fencing is right now, but it was pretty awful before. But there are constant patrols there for people looking to jump. Getting over SI can take quite a while, and no one's going to just ignore a stopped car in the middle of a busy bridge.

As for whether it'll be instant, it likely will be pretty fast. But the amount of pain you're likely to feel is uncertain. Some people swear that the adrenaline stops you from feeling anything, but others have said different things. Honestly, the issue is mainly a lack of evidence due to how it's impossible to test in a scientific way.
Are there patrols even at night? 2am-4am?