• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Well at like 3 am what are the chances of getting caught by patrol? You literally just stop and get out and jump unless SI comes in and you just stand there. Also what use are the hikers and kayakers if you are just gonna splash and die
The later at night, the more odds of you standing out for stopping in the middle. Even if the barrier's climbable and there aren't any protective fences, that still doesn't make it easier to get over SI and actually doing the deed. I mentioned the hikers and kayakers because there have been multiple instances of people dying due to someone falling on them from jumping. Now, I'm not sure what the odds might be of anyone hiking or kayaking at night, but with visibility being worse at night, I personally wouldn't want to take that risk. The only way I'd feel a little more okay is if you can scout the exact spot where you'll be jumping from and where you'll end up in the water, but that might prove to be a little difficult if you're seen stopping in the middle of a busy bridge in broad daylight. There's a catwalk underneath I believe, but I'm not sure if it's accessible or not.

Reactions: returntothevoid
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The later at night, the more odds of you standing out for stopping in the middle. Even if the barrier's climbable and there aren't any protective fences, that still doesn't make it easier to get over SI and actually doing the deed. I mentioned the hikers and kayakers because there have been multiple instances of people dying due to someone falling on them from jumping. Now, I'm not sure what the odds might be of anyone hiking or kayaking at night, but with visibility being worse at night, I personally wouldn't want to take that risk. The only way I'd feel a little more okay is if you can scout the exact spot where you'll be jumping from and where you'll end up in the water, but that might prove to be a little difficult if you're seen stopping in the middle of a busy bridge in broad daylight. There's a catwalk underneath I believe, but I'm not sure if it's accessible or not.
Yeah SI is a problem. Gotta do it quick or else someone will catch up. Although idk how many cars drive up there late at night

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
More than a confirmed 1,800 people have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge since it was built in 1937, according to the Bridge Rail Foundation. The very first incident happened that same year.

Hines is one of 39 people known to survive the deadly leap. "Nineteen have come forward to say they all had the exact same instant regret that I had," Hines said.

That would make it 2%
There is an assumption there are unknown number of undiscovered bodies of jumpers which would minimizes that percentage even lower.

Reactions: spring vainglory
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
There is an assumption there are unknown number of undiscovered bodies of jumpers which would minimizes that percentage even lower.
Good to hear

Reactions: rozeske
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
There are particular fences that can be installed if a bridge becomes a hotspot for suicides for the specific purpose of stopping jumpers. That's why I mentioned the golden gate bridge and how it's too popular. They erected suicide barriers after multiple petitions.

Ok so excuse this rambling... and my heart cryies for this mother and all the fams that lost loved ones. Truly ♥️ but why the fuX do we always have to blame something or someone? Instead of acknowledge that sometimes people are in suffering and don't want to live. I bet that even if they did put up a net in 2010. Her son would have probably commit suicide anyways.

Last edited:
GuylumBardot

GuylumBardot

is no - more to say, there - is no more to say
Feb 4, 2024
Not very far from me at all, and it is a fantastic choice for one last sight. 🧐🤔🫠

Reactions: Aim
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
high bridge is often used by jumpers, so that a lot of bridges were later added safety net.
New river gorge bridge is very high, why it's not used as often as golden gate bridge?
Is it because you may fall on trees?

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
Ok so excuse this rambling... and my heart cryies for this mother and all the fams that lost loved ones. Truly ♥️ but why the fuX do we always have to blame something or someone? Instead of acknowledge that sometimes people are in suffering and don't want to live. I bet that even if they did put up a net in 2010. Her son would have probably commit suicide anyways . Oh well
Yes, this is easy to say as a person with suicidal ideation. But if you had a son and you knew he was going to kill himself tomorrow, I'm sure you wouldn't just hold his hand and walk him to the bridge.

This isn't a diss on you or anything, but I fully intend on killing myself knowing what I'll be doing to my loved ones. Not under some kind of guise that they would understand my decision because what I'm doing is justified. The most important thing that people forget is that rationality and sentimentality are two separate things. Grieving people will latch onto anything to consider some kind of "What if" scenario where their loved ones weren't suffering or could have been saved. That's just the sad reality that we need to accept.

This is one of the sole reasons that people wish that they never existed instead of the idea of having to commit suicide. Because that would be the most ideal solution to all our problems. But unfortunately, there's no way to fully erase someone's existence without leaving behind an aftermath for others to deal with.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: returntothevoid, It'sMyLife and GuylumBardot
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
high bridge is often used by jumpers, so that a lot of bridges were later added safety net.
New river gorge bridge is very high, why it's not used as often as golden gate bridge?
Didn't see many trees under it in the picture. If you stay in the middle there is water underneath

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yes, this is easy to say as a person with suicidal ideation. But if you had a son and you knew he was going to kill himself tomorrow, I'm sure you wouldn't just hold his hand and walk him to the bridge.

This isn't a diss on you or anything, but I fully intend on killing myself knowing what I'll be doing to my loved ones. Not under some kind of guise that they would understand my decision because what I'm doing isn't selfish. The most important thing that people forget is that rationality and sentimentality are two separate things. Grieving people will latch onto anything to consider some kind of "What if" scenario where their loved ones weren't suffering. That's just the sad reality that we need to accept.
No no what your saying makes perfectly sence. Absolutely! 🤗So no worries about that. And this is my rational mind talking. So off course It's a completely different thing when you are in the midst of the sentiment. ♥️ I just think in my rational mind, everytime someone commits suicide. It's always someone else's fault. And always something outwardly to blame. But off course. I get what you mean.

• Love
Reactions: Thanksforeverything
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
Also you ned ot figure out where you can park your car before entering new river gorge bridge? if you park right at the entrance of the bridge and walk, it'll be obvious that you wanna jump.
Genesee Arch Bridge in New York is high enough, higher than golden gate bridge. Just I think the issue is about landing.
Take a scout trip first then definitely let us know.
I want to know but I live in NY.
i won't mind the trip if it works

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Yeah SI is a problem. Gotta do it quick or else someone will catch up. Although idk how many cars drive up there late at night
I read that a boy drive up there in the midle of the night and committed. But this was in 2008. I think I read. Idk if there was or is any security there back then.

However there was a couple that I think that committed together in 2019? And a man I 2021. Wonder how they were capable of doing it. If it actually is 24/7 secured..

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I read that a boy drive up there in the midle of the night and committed. But this was in 2008. I think I read. Idk if there was or is any security there back then.

However there was a couple that I think that committed together in 2019? And a man I 2021. Wonder how they were capable of doing it. If it actually is 24/7 secured..
I don't think it's secured at all. I haven't found any evidence of fencing. Who's gonna patrol it at 3 am? I doubt there are even any cars driving by that night. Just gotta stop and jump quickly
Also you ned ot figure out where you can park your car before entering new river gorge bridge? if you park right at the entrance of the bridge and walk, it'll be obvious that you wanna jump.
Genesee Arch Bridge in New York is high enough, higher than golden gate bridge. Just I think the issue is about landing.
Take a scout trip first then definitely let us know.
I want to know but I live in NY.
i won't mind the trip if it works
Can't you just park it in the middle? Then get out and jump? Assuming you aren't gonna stand there and wait it should be quick

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I don't think it's secured at all. I haven't found any evidence of fencing. Who's gonna patrol it at 3 am? I doubt there are even any cars driving by that night. Just gotta stop and jump quickly

Can't you just park it in the middle? Then get out and jump? Assuming you aren't gonna stand there and wait it should be quick
Maybe your right then. I didn't either fiend any info so far about them putting up any safety nets on this one.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Maybe your right then. I didn't either fiend any info about them putting up any safety nets on this one.
They did put up safety net in Vermont for quechee bridge. So it's a matter of time I thinn

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
They did put up safety net in Vermont for quechee bridge. So it's a matter of time I thinn
Hmm yeah maybe idk.
Not very far from me at all, and it is a fantastic choice for one last sight. 🧐🤔🫠
Absolutely stunning, i actually wish this was my method also almost, just because it's such an amazing nature and view.
Maybe it's easier for people to get to the golden Gate bridge. However, after they put up the safety nets. Then this will most likely change in the future.

Last edited:
GuylumBardot

GuylumBardot

is no - more to say, there - is no more to say
Feb 4, 2024
Hmm yeah maybe idk.

Absolutely stunning, i actually wish this was my method also almost, just because it's such an amazing nature and view.

Maybe it's easier for people to get to the golden Gate bridge. However, after they put up the safety nets. Then this will most likely change in the future.
Wouldn't fencing interfere with the huge Bridge Day bungee jumping hullaballoo that brings in a ton of tourists every year?

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Wouldn't fencing interfere with the huge Bridge Day bungee jumping hullaballoo that brings in a ton of tourists every year?
Oh I ment fencing at the ggb. Yess sounds like a good argument for it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GuylumBardot
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Reactions: returntothevoid and Aim
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Nope! When you hit the water in that speed. It will crush you. The water turns to concrete.

I think everyone that has jumped of that brigde, there is no survivers.
Some survived the Golden Gate Bridge

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: returntothevoid, Aim and GuylumBardot
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yip, like a poster mentioned above, they have an annual Bridge Day.

Idk I watched the video and it doesn't look that tall to me. Am I being deceived? It's taller than golden gate supposedly. But it doesn't look that tall lol.

Reactions: returntothevoid
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
Idk I watched the video and it doesn't look that tall to me. Am I being deceived? It's taller than golden gate supposedly. But it doesn't look that tall lol.
It's taller than the golden gate bridge for sure.

015a8a8321569dc0191c35cbf812660c.jpg

Golden gate bridge is only kind of close to the height if you count the towers above the roadway as well.

facts-and-figures-bridge-height-span.jpg

Reactions: returntothevoid and divinemistress36
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
H
It's taller than the golden gate bridge for sure.

015a8a8321569dc0191c35cbf812660c.jpg

Golden gate bridge is only kind of close to the height if you count the towers above the roadway as well.

facts-and-figures-bridge-height-span.jpg
Holy shit it's almost as high as Empire State Building?

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
H

Holy shit it's almost as high as Empire State Building?
Only if you manage to jump from the very middle, which I suppose is the whole point anyway.