• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023
Does anyone know if it's true that full hanging can last for minutes on end by choking you to death... I'm incredibly afraid of this, since I want it to be over in max 10 seconds. I checked online and it seems like in order to compress carotid arteries you need 5kg of weight, so putting entire body in the noose should knock me out in seconds, no? I've also seen videos of people doing it and they move around for about 5 seconds, but then they remain motionless. However I did also see people on this forum saying that it can last for minutes. How true is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Dec 18, 2023
Does anyone know if it's true that full hanging can last for minutes on end by choking you to death...'m incredibly afraid of this, since I want it to be over in max 10 seconds. I checked online and it seems like in order to compress carotid arteries you need 5kg of weight, so putting entire body in the noose should knock me out in seconds, no? I've also seen videos of people doing it and they move around for about 5 seconds, but then they remain motionless. However I did also see people on this forum saying that it can last for minutes. How true is that?
I think it's more of a myth than anything. I've seen way more videos than anyone should ever have to see of full suspension hanging and I've never seen anyone "choke to death". Most activity I have seen is just heavy convulsions, and flopping around. But in all videos they seem to pass out quickly. I mean I literally saw an Indian wrap a bed sheet around his neck and go full suspension and he passed out almost instantly.

DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023
I think it's more of a myth than anything. I've seen way more videos than anyone should ever have to see of full suspension hanging and I've never seen anyone "choke to death". Most activity I have seen is just heavy convulsions, and flopping around. But in all videos they seem to pass out quickly. I mean I literally saw an Indian wrap a bed sheet around his neck and go full suspension and he passed out almost instantly.
Okay, that's good to hear. I tried compressing my carotid arteries and at first it was euphoric, but it quickly turned into some sort of a panic attack (maybe an alert from the brain that I was doing it for too long?). When I do it for real with full hanging I want that panic to only last for a few seconds before I get knocked out.

JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Dec 18, 2023
Okay, that's good to hear. I tried compressing my carotid arteries and at first it was euphoric, but it quickly turned into some sort of a panic attack (maybe an alert from the brain that I was doing it for too long?). When I do it for real with full hanging I want that panic to only last for a few seconds before I get knocked out.
It might be a bit unrealistic to think there won't be any panic in full suspension honestly. Though I do think most of it is just biological SI. Just try to make yourself at as most peace as possible before you do it or take something like benzos.

Reactions: Forveleth
DeathGivesFreedom

DeathGivesFreedom

Life is a choice. Death is my answer.
Jan 19, 2024
I'm planning on doing full suspension off of a bridge around 2 am tonight. The bridge overlooks a water canal with a trail on the side. It is a bit of a gamble as I don't know of I can go 15-30m without being seen, or if I'll be completely fine.

The rope I have is a 3/8 inch x 15 feet, marine grade, double braided nylon rope. It has a tensile strength ranging from 5,000 lbs to 31,000 lbs. I'm a bit torn if I want to jump off the bridge and break my neck, or if I should just try and find a suitable tree via the nearby trail. I've never gone on that trail, so I don't know what the potential trees are like.

I'll be tying a noose knot as I've been reading that that's better for full suspension rather than a hangman's knot. Also, I just did a quick google search and read something along the lines that even if my neck breaks, that it's not a guaranteed success of CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you have a good slip knot, you will succeed.
Drop or not.
I hope all goes well. Have a good journey!

ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
Thinking about trying full suspension soon but I want to do it far from home on a tree or something. How would I bring myself to hang from up there? Do I need to carry a stool there? My ideal location is far into the forest so it'd be hard. On the other hand I can do it nearby and carrying a stool or chair there won't be hard but I don't want anyone beside the authorities to find me and I don't think that's likely before someone else does as I live with other people.

YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
I'm planning on doing full suspension off of a bridge around 2 am tonight. The bridge overlooks a water canal with a trail on the side. It is a bit of a gamble as I don't know of I can go 15-30m without being seen, or if I'll be completely fine.

The rope I have is a 3/8 inch x 15 feet, marine grade, double braided nylon rope. It has a tensile strength ranging from 5,000 lbs to 31,000 lbs. I'm a bit torn if I want to jump off the bridge and break my neck, or if I should just try and find a suitable tree via the nearby trail. I've never gone on that trail, so I don't know what the potential trees are like.

I'll be tying a noose knot as I've been reading that that's better for full suspension rather than a hangman's knot. Also, I just did a quick google search and read something along the lines that even if my neck breaks, that it's not a guaranteed success of CTB.
Best of luck, I don't know what kind of pain lead you to this decision, but let it be your own, with you on whatever you go through with, it might be a good idea to check out that trail.

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
So where do you place the noose around the neck and can can you explain how long it takes until you're dead as well as how fast you lose consciousness?

Last edited:
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Place the noose slightly on one side of the head. It can also be in the back, just behind the neck. I don't think it is so important.
Important is it pressures the carotid so you have to place it at the jaw line.

Last edited:
Reactions: winterparty
W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023

this guide is for placing it under the adam's apple. what's true now?

LifeTransit_1

LifeTransit_1

Death is inevitable. I just want mine early.
Oct 25, 2023
Quick question: If I do end up crushing by trachea instead of my arteries... how long will it take for me to become unconscious.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023

this guide is for placing it under the adam's apple. what's true now?
I might be wrong.....

W

winterparty

Student
Jul 29, 2023
Look worndown I trust you more than this wiki thing but I'm done with hanging as the info on it is just not very thought out.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Look worndown I trust you more than this wiki thing but I'm done with hanging as the info on it is just not very thought out.
I understand. I believe the problem stems from miscommunication between partial and full.
Partial has more lateral angles. Low might be best for some. Testing will prove that.
Full is straight downward force. The rope will naturally ride up until it hits an obstruction...your head. Imagine how that will feel.
Just trying to keep someone's last moments from being dominated with that sensation.

Reactions: grahf and Forveleth
rowboat

rowboat

they/them
Apr 8, 2024
Full suspension hanging relies on using your body weight to compress your carotid arteries, therefore cutting off circulation to your brain, and rendering you unconscious within 20 seconds if done right, and death within a max of 15 minutes after that. You will need a rope of good thickness that doesn't stretch, and can support a couple times your weight, because the human body will thrash around as it dies. The knot should be placed behind your neck for a full suspension hanging, and a simple slipknot may be better than the hangman's noose based on what I've heard on ASH. The thing you tie the other end of the rope to will need to be strong, and at least a foot higher than your height. A rolling hitch or two will be used to tie the other end to the support. You'll need 2 or 3 feet more rope than your height, at least with 1 inch thick rope. It will be painful, but not like you'd think, and passing out will come quick anyways, assuming you do it correctly. From my testing, it's not that painful, even calming in a way, but SI is still a bitch, and I don't have much advice for that. A good rope to use is 1 inch thick manila rope, as that's what I've used during my testing, and it works perfectly. You will want the rope above your adams apple, as close to your jaw as you can get it, as that's there the carotid arteries are most 'vulnerable'. Having a small bit of padding may help with the rope cutting into your neck and pain related to that, but only light padding, like a washcloth. Most of my information comes from a year of browsing alt.suicide.holiday, and anecdotes from the internet, as well as my own testing.
Oh my god, thank you so much for this. It's impossible to find any information on anything other than partial, which I've sworn off completely due to two failed attempts.

• Informative
Reactions: grahf
rowboat

rowboat

they/them
Apr 8, 2024
I know I just commented on this thread, but I do have a question. Would an eight or nine foot long rope be enough? I am 163cm and about 55kg. I can't find anything longer at stores near me within my price range.

P

PelleHermanni

Apr 13, 2024
Thanks for all informative posts on hanging.
Long time lurker and just made an account.
Im going to end it tonight.
Hanging point is about 3 meters high from ground, im 175cm so should be good...
I already know im going to stand there on ladder for hours trying to overcome fear of stepping off so that got me thinking, what if I wouldnt need to? Hyperventilation!

Plan is like this, going to tie rope (double constrictor for anchor point, slipknot for other end) then setup ladder on some rocks/logs so that it falls to its side if im not on it to balance it.
After that im going to climb up, tighten slipknot above adams apple, try to go to position I can sit in (propably akward with noose around Neck) hyperventilate for like a minute, stand up and blow into thumb hard as I can.
If all goes like planned I should pass out, ladders fall so cant grab the if I regain consciousness and SI kicks In.

Any thoughts? I feel like its pretty foolproof.

Shadowpriest

Shadowpriest

Jan 20, 2024
double constrictor for anchor point, slipknot for other end
I've read somewhere here on the forum that instead of slip knot there should be used noose knot because noose knot (which is very similar to slip knot) tightens under pressure.{} [1:45]. I'm not sure entirely about this so take this information with a pinch of salt.

Bona mors!

P

PelleHermanni

Apr 13, 2024
I've read somewhere here on the forum that instead of slip knot there should be used noose knot because noose knot (which is very similar to slip knot) tightens under pressure.{} [1:45]. I'm not sure entirely about this so take this information with a pinch of salt.

Bona mors!

Yeah I read the same thing, going to test out both. Feels like both of them are being suggested for full suspension atleast.

Edit: just googled bona mors, happy death? Thank you!

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Thanks for all informative posts on hanging.
Long time lurker and just made an account.
Im going to end it tonight.
Hanging point is about 3 meters high from ground, im 175cm so should be good...
I already know im going to stand there on ladder for hours trying to overcome fear of stepping off so that got me thinking, what if I wouldnt need to? Hyperventilation!

Plan is like this, going to tie rope (double constrictor for anchor point, slipknot for other end) then setup ladder on some rocks/logs so that it falls to its side if im not on it to balance it.
After that im going to climb up, tighten slipknot above adams apple, try to go to position I can sit in (propably akward with noose around Neck) hyperventilate for like a minute, stand up and blow into thumb hard as I can.
If all goes like planned I should pass out, ladders fall so cant grab the if I regain consciousness and SI kicks In.

Any thoughts? I feel like its pretty foolproof.
What are you using for an anchor point? Have you testes it to see if it can hold your weight? Have you successfully tested passing out via hyperventilation?

Shadowpriest

Shadowpriest

Jan 20, 2024
Yeah I read the same thing, going to test out both. Feels like both of them are being suggested for full suspension atleast.

Edit: just googled bona mors, happy death? Thank you!
Yea, it's like saying good night/sweet dreams for the eternal sleep.

Reactions: PelleHermanni
P

PelleHermanni

Apr 13, 2024
Yeah tested and itll hold. Dont know exact words but uhh, its a log cabin and anchor point is one of the logs coming out near roof.

Shadowpriest

Shadowpriest

Jan 20, 2024
Why not drinking decent amount of alcohol and then do the FSH. I believe in that state you should be courageous and brave enough to do it yet tipsy and clumsy enough for the SI to stop you.

P

PelleHermanni

Apr 13, 2024
Why not drinking decent amount of alcohol and then do the FSH. I believe in that state you should be courageous and brave enough to do it yet tipsy and clumsy enough for the SI to stop you.
I thought about that but im one of those people that doesnt like taste of alcohol, atleast strong ones but never say never. Got 12 long drinks in fridge if need to get some courage.
Speaking of, gonna go light up sauna and have relaxing evening.
Edit: went with noose knot, tested again and it holds easily.
Gotta say, im way more calm now, as I testfitted noose knot around neck I just started smiling like a maniac, almost wanted to step off.
Now gonna watch some movie and heat up fav frozen pizza and think all set then.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shadowpriest
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, bad writing ,often missing words
Apr 8, 2024
What do you think about my setup?
It's a 12mm diameter nylon rope attached with snuggle hutch knot to a door-sports-thing that you can use for exercise, being secured by a door. The door is taller than usual ones, 3 meters, with me being 1,80m and the left-over rope being 20cm there should be about 1 meter of space between feet and ground, i did several weight tests and there seems to be no issue with security of the rope or the security of the sports thing. one thing to worry about is me convulsing/ banging extremities at the door during it that could alarm neighbours as the house im living in has quite thin walls. Anything else I'm missing? A little word of feedback, be it reassurance or critique, would mean a lot to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0376.jpeg
    IMG_0376.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
What do you think about my setup?
It's a 12mm diameter nylon rope attached with snuggle hutch knot to a door-sports-thing that you can use for exercise, being secured by a door. The door is taller than usual ones, 3 meters, with me being 1,80m and the left-over rope being 20cm there should be about 1 meter of space between feet and ground, i did several weight tests and there seems to be no issue with security of the rope or the security of the sports thing. one thing to worry about is me convulsing/ banging extremities at the door during it that could alarm neighbours as the house im living in has quite thin walls. Anything else I'm missing? A little word of feedback, be it reassurance or critique, would mean a lot to me.
Looks good I guess.... the door as an anchor would not be safe ennough for me, though. As you write, convusions, maybe SI.... I would want to hang freely.

Hm. I ve read many times in this forum, that 12 - 15mm are ideal. Can you explain why you think this thickness is best?

Last edited:
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, bad writing ,often missing words
Apr 8, 2024
Looks good I guess.... the door as an anchor would not be safe ennough for me, though. As you write, convusions, maybe SI.... I would want to hang freely.
Thank you for the answer. Why wouldn't it be safe enough for you? The anchor seems safe, I did weight tests. I don't think I will take a lot of notice of the door once I hang, it's just the noise I worry about.

Reactions: RegretedFeeling
S

SoFewMethods

Apr 25, 2024
Is a 5mm cotton rope enough for me? I'm 62kg btw