• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
I just saw that Nitschke has released a new Exit Podcast episode.

The episode is a conversation about the recent botched execution of Kenny Smith in the US. Alabama officials used nitrogen. Nitschke discusses what he felt went wrong. This may be interesting for those looking into inert gas method.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024
I just listened to the podcast and found it quite interesting, but I don't agree with host conclusions and I found them both quite backwards and not really knowledgeable about the advancement in methods.

The first indication of being totally oblivious is acknowledge that people now call exit bag a "hood". The female host asked if hood was a new name for exit bag which he confirmed. If he'd been aware of the rise of ELSA hood to perform inert gas hypoxia he would surely correct her.

I found him often referring the abandonment of "face mask" which apparently happened a decade ago in the right to die movement and quite stuck on that statement and felt unwilling to change.

He mentions the flaws of using a mask, but didn't specify if the problems were only apparent in "hospital style mask" or full face mask. What I gather he referred most of the time to the hospital style mask.

His main concern is creating an absolute airseal against the face is not possible and twitching and face muscle will willingly or unintentionally break the seal letting air in. This is quite a real concern with hospital mask since there are not designed for 100% seal and more of one size fit all design. So his concern is valid for these kind of mask or any that's not designed to keep out hazardous environment.

But suggesting no mask is functional to keep out air is quite ignorant, how well would a gas mask work if outside gas would sip in though the cracks and poisoning you. There is a reason we tested teargas in the military, improper use of the mask would be bluntly apparent, I experienced no exposure of teargas in my respiratory system when I tried.

SCBA system that firefighter use would also not be especially efficient if the mask leaks, they may have to go through far more dangerous environments then smoke and the equipment is still up to the task.

I just found his argument quite repetitive and well rehearsed, like he as said the same speech for 10 years and not bother researching anymore, he mentions talking at seminars.

Anyone who's ctb the last years with either scuba or scba would prove him wrong, but since he's not aware of the usage of a "hood" I'm doubtful he's even aware of the latest leaps forwards.

His "incredible" knowledge about nitrogen hypoxia he showed is equal to reading though the inert bag mega tread, I was most unimpressed and frankly scared they chose him for any publicity scene.

I may have time this weekend to make a rough transcript for you. 💖🤓

It's a shame Exit doesn't provide transcripts, as far as I know.
Spotify appears to have a beta feature transcribing the whole podcast, maybe one can translate that.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
I just found his argument quite repetitive and well rehearsed, like he as said the same speech for 10 years and not bother researching anymore, he mentions talking at seminars.

I appreciate your critique, but I don't feel your read on Nitschke is accurate. You may not be aware, but the people on the podcast are the authors of the pph. They definitely engage in ongoing research, as they continue to update the book and develop the Sarco project.

It's not like he's an absolute authority, but he's definitely a sound expert imo. Many people disagree with Nitschke on many topics. That's natural, but no need to discredit his experience in the realm of assisted suicide.

He's been presenting on the topic for a very long time and is getting old. Repetition in his presentation makes sense to me personally.

To be honest, saying that what he presented could be found in the megathread was funny, because it's largely based on his work via the pph. Also, this is a public podcast - there is a limit to what they share on that platform.

Spotify appears to have a beta feature transcribing the whole podcast, maybe one can translate that.
This is very cool! I was wondering if such a tool was available. I don't use Spotify. Would you mind to share the transcript it provides?

Last edited:
Reactions: Goku Black
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I appreciate your critique, but I don't feel your read on Nitschke is accurate. You may not be aware, but the people on the podcast are the authors of the pph. They definitely engage in ongoing research, as they continue to update the book and develop the Sarco project.

It's not like he's an absolute authority, but he's definitely a sound expert imo. Many people disagree with Nitschke on many topics. That's natural, but no need to discredit his experience in the realm of assisted suicide.

He's been presenting on the topic for a very long time and is getting old. Repetition in his presentation makes sense to me personally.

To be honest, saying that what he presented could be found in the megathread was funny, because it's largely based on his work via the pph. Also, this is a public podcast - there is a limit to what they share on that platform.

This is very cool! I was wondering such a tool was available. I don't use Spotify. Would you mind to share the transcript it provides?

Thanks for that link.

On listening to it, what he says is correct in theory, a mask that does not provide a tight seal is not going to work properly. But like @Kapsyl said, he does not seem up to speed on the high tech masks that are designed for toxic environments, and that need to provide a tight seal for the wearer's safery.

He seems to have given up on the mask as a potential avenue, due to failures with different mask types (e.g. oxygen masks) in the past.

I guess he has no need to look beyond the exit bag, given it has worked in the past. His new focus is obviously on the Sarco also.

Interesting that he said that he tried on the mask being used in the execution, and felt it wouldn't do the job. They probably weren't even using the proper high tech mask for that, as @Onomatopoeia mentioned in the past.

He did say that the execution probably didn't go smoothly because Smith probably took a deep breath of air before the nitrogen flowed, and probably tried holding his breath as long as possible, resisting the nitrogen. Which is what people on this site were previously saying.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Student
Feb 3, 2024

This is very cool! I was wondering if such a tool was available. I don't use Spotify. Would you mind to share the transcript it provides?

I suspected they were involved in pph or some other pro choice association, but I figured i listen and hear what he had to say before looking up his credentials. These are my initial opinions and feeling I got of him speaking.

But as you say he done quite a lot for the pro choice community helping developing the original methods the mega treads are based on. But that was quite a few years ago and methods evolve from the original idea. I just felt he's very reluctant to consider face masks as an legitimate alternative to the bag.

Unfortunately I can't copy the transcript, maybe it's possible on a computer but not on mobile.

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
I think a silicone gel might help seal any small face mask leaks. Plus the pressure of nitrogen gas entering the mask should reduce any leaks allowing air (not pure oxygen), in.

PN did not mention that the last 15 min before Ken was declared dead was the time required by the state's protocol to ensure he was successfully executed and Kenny wasn't coming back.

I wonder what is the current hold up on using the Sarco.

Last, you take someone's life, you lose yours: Life for life, proportionate justice (Genesis 9:6). Justice delayed is justice denied. At long last, the murderer faces eternal judgment. He can't escape that by murdering someone or himself….

Last edited:
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

Mar 4, 2024
I suspected they were involved in pph or some other pro choice association, but I figured i listen and hear what he had to say before looking up his credentials. These are my initial opinions and feeling I got of him speaking.

But as you say he done quite a lot for the pro choice community helping developing the original methods the mega treads are based on. But that was quite a few years ago and methods evolve from the original idea. I just felt he's very reluctant to consider face masks as an legitimate alternative to the bag.

Unfortunately I can't copy the transcript, maybe it's possible on a computer but not on mobile.

Totally valid impressions. Thank you for sharing them. It's an important conversation. I apologize if I came off as belittling, or the like.

I wonder if his emphasis on discrediting masks was primarily out of the context of recently trying to testify against the method for execution. I definitely got the impression he wasn't keen on providing them an easily applied solution for the purpose.

To be clear, I feel that you're right about advancement of methods and it's always important to consider different information.