• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

HeyIamWhy

HeyIamWhy

Take a deep breath, and move forward
Jan 26, 2020
Hi~

so it's been a while since I've been on this website. Since I told my parents about it (depression) and I went to see a general doctor (she had given me a treatment that helped me a little during the summer vacations)

But since then I haven't talked about it and I haven't seen her again. And with the school and the covid everything starts to come back, stress, anxiety, depression etc...
I don't know if I should see a psychiatrist (or something like that) because I feel like I need one, but at the same time I wouldn't know what to say to him.
'Cause everything is a mess, (apart from the fact that I found a girlfriend :D' but that don't help much lmao)
I no longer have any motivation to work, and it's the year of the baccalaureate. I have to draw because it's my homework (I'm in an art school... yes, that doesn't help either. If you know the number of students in my class who are depressed omg-) but i can't... every time i hold a pencil in my hands i want to cry. I miss the time when i had fun drawing.

I will soon (like in 2 weeks) had to tell which school I want to go to after the baccalaureate. They're pretty much all private (cost a lot of money for me, i leave in france also) and I don't really have a wealthy family. So I don't want to disappoint them. But at the same time I don't know if I'm going to be able to achieve my ambitions, considering what I'm doing at the moment. But i do have a dream, and i don't know if i can achieve it anymore (i want to be a video game artist)
Sooooooo, i talk to much-

in short :
What should i do.
Because how a psychiatrist can help me about that... what can they do.
(also i'm scared to tell that to my parents because i can't drive so i need to tell them... Even if long ago they told me that i could ask at any moment to see a psychiatrist i dont know... i also have the number of my doctor but i'm scared to call her. I'm fucked up xD)

Voila~ need help, don't know what to do (without you... any blink here ?)
(oh and happy new year :')...)

HeyIamWhy

HeyIamWhy

Jan 26, 2020
In US the counselor/therapist does the patient work while the psychiatrist usually gives meds ..... it varies. I would start with counselor/therapist.
Oooooh ok, thank you ^^

D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
Oooooh ok, thank you ^^
Look back at yesterday ..... it may have sucked, but you made it through to today. Just focus on taking one day at a time right now and try not to load up all the fears, realities, concerns, and disappointments all at once. These things can resolve and other unknowns can hit ...... the true definition of life is "life is what happens when you were expecting/wanting something completely different". People fail to realize that the percentage of things they can control or direct in life is very small - although any movie you watch leads you to believe everyone is the captain of their boat and in full control ..... yes, decisions for the better or worse are made and goals are good/needed, but life can kick your ass anyway and it's about learning to get "sea-legs" to ride the waves and not puke on the boat. Life, your parents/family, are faulty just like you although maybe in different ways .... celebrate you're unique set of skills and ...... faults ..... take yourself off the punishment cross ..... ask for help without being ashamed or afraid because it's what you need. There's only one unique you in the world ... envision yourself as when you were a small child ...... would your small self want you, as an adult today, to help and protect him/her and keep him/her safe? Cheers

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
A therapist is not a doctor, can only listen to you and give you advice, a psychiatrist usually listens less to you prescribe you medication, and refers you to see a therapist. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
A therapist is not a doctor, can only listen to you and give you advice, a psychiatrist usually listens less to you prescribe you medication, and refers you to see a therapist. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.
That is my experience/understanding ... yes.

Reactions: Sherri
HeyIamWhy

HeyIamWhy

Jan 26, 2020
Hmmm i see thank you ^^ But if i'll see one, i'm not sure what i should say :/...

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Hmmm i see thank you ^^ But if i'll see one, i'm not sure what i should say :/...
Talking to a therapist is like talking to someone you say your darkest inner thoughts, including ctb. It's not easy in the beginning though, there must be empathy between you and the therapist.

Despondency

Despondency

Dec 18, 2020
I am not educated on mental heath. I only know what I have gone through here in the United States, which I imagine is quite different than your experience in France. My recommended course for is to
  1. Contact your primary physician/doctor (appointment, patient portal email, phone call, etc.)
  2. Ask your doctor for a prescription for anti anxiety medication
    • Your doctor will ask why. Explain what you've shared with us. Or, show her this thread or link her to it.
  3. As your doctor how they would like to follow-up
If you are uncomfortable asking your parents for help on any of these steps, please reply back here on where you got stuck. I do not know if I can help you, as my knowledge of medicine in Europe is nearly none-existent. However, I know many people here will support you in getting in contact with someone who can help.

A small bit on anti anxiety medication: Medicine is used to treat conditions and heal. If you cannot hold a pencil without crying, then you are not well and there is no shame in that. I have been taking very small doses of Prozac which has been entirely life-changing when it comes to just existing.

How you are feeling is very normal. The transitionary period of your life you are in right now sounds very stressful, and I think it's totally normal that you are feeling anxious. I hope you are able to find joy in your goals to be an artist.