• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

ImGoingHome

Apr 7, 2024
1st time going voluntarily. When my father got custody of me he took me to one that facilitated his abuse. I value my freedom VERY highly after what I've been through, & am scared to give them that much control over my life.

I'm not going to say I'm a danger to myself or others obviously or mention SS, just my C PTSD & stuff & don't know how to go about this or how legitimate professionals operate. Any insight you have that can help me not freak out thinking I'm walking into a lions den is much appreciated thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and soulkitty
L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
If your worried about getting sectioned dont say anthing about suicide and HS. suicidal ideation in most places isnt enough to be sectioned but if its more than thoughts thats what will. It's always best to ask what the confidentiality policy is as they cant tell anyone unless it goes outside the scope of the policy.

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Global Respondent Adjudicator
Jul 10, 2022
The only thing you can do is be honest, you can't go wrong.

If you don't want to tell them about your suicidal thoughts, you can say that these thoughts come up now, and then, but be honest in some of the things that have happened in your past, and how you feel, as the psychiatrist needs to get a good scope of you and what your issues are.

Mostly, they tend to ask you questions, so they can come to some sort of decision on your future health plan. Questions like are you impulsive? Do you make impulsive decisions for example.

I understand, sometimes we feel like the professionals are out to get us, and unfortunately there are some shit ones out there, but be honest about how you feel as you owe it to yourself.

I hope it all goes well for you and let us know how you get on :)

D

DeadKennedy

Mar 30, 2024
im seeing a psychiatrist for the first time later today as well. hope this goes well for both of us