• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

figcitylightscookie

figcitylightscookie

sad, lonely & desperate
Nov 21, 2023
I'm 25F, and I live in my parents' house because of cultural reasons. My mom complained today that I had been distant lately; I'm always either on my computer or asleep. We had an argument about it, and she asked what my goals were and how I was expecting to progress in life if I was wasting it away. I told her I genuinely have no goals or hopes for the future, and I'm truly apathetic towards everything. This led her to ask, "Why don't you kill yourself then? Jump off the roof for all our sakes!" I told her if I was sure I'd die and not end up paralyzed, I would have a while ago (our house is only 2 stories, so I know the jump won't be fatal).

This didn't take me aback because she has asked me to kill myself before, but for some reason, it still hurts to hear (yes, even though I'm suicidal). I realized recently I have to accept that my mom hates me, and I can never obtain her approval even though I crave it so much.

Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
I'm 25F, and I live in my parents' house because of cultural reasons. My mom complained today that I had been distant lately; I'm always either on my computer or asleep. We had an argument about it, and she asked what my goals were and how I was expecting to progress in life if I was wasting it away. I told her I genuinely have no goals or hopes for the future, and I'm truly apathetic towards everything. This led her to ask, "Why don't you kill yourself then? Jump off the roof for all our sakes!" I told her if I was sure I'd die and not end up paralyzed, I would have a while ago (our house is only 2 stories, so I know the jump won't be fatal).

This didn't take me aback because she has asked me to kill myself before, but for some reason, it still hurts to hear (yes, even though I'm suicidal). I realized recently I have to accept that my mom hates me, and I can never obtain her approval even though I crave it so much.

davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024

That's terrible! How dare she say these sorts of things and try to make you feel worse. I suggest next time if she says it again, you tell her if she didn't have you in the first place maybe all this could've been avoided. I know it sounds disrespectful but respect goes both ways!

Demian

Demian

Mar 25, 2024
I'm very saddened by reports like yours.

I know it must hurt, because it's your mum. But you should know that there are nice people in the world and you're sure to find some.

Don't take any notice of what she says.

If she does anything against you and you want to get it off your chest, just come here and talk to us.

lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
sorry you had to listen to this, i understand how you feel. you're not alone. my mom says the same to me sometimes ''jokingly'' but i know that's how she feels. i know how it hurts to feel like a burden

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
I hear you. Sometimes they'll say really hurtful things and then later on say they didn't meant it and that they were just so frustrated and emotional, but that is NOT an acceptable excuse!!! I have also concluded that my mother hates me. If you ask her, she'll deny it, but that's the concrete impression engraved in me from how she treated me throughout my life.

karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Your mom is the problem. With the global economy maybe getting worse and a lot of newer generations feeling left out I can see why you feel this way. You are lost, you don't know what to do, you don't know which direction to go, and maybe someone could help you if you wanted it. But the closest person to you who could? Just walks in and tells you to off yourself. I'm so sorry you deal with this, she's a piece of crap to say that. My mom said this stuff too but I feel like if i had taken my life around her should would get to receive all the pity from losing a daughter...these people care nothing but about themselves. OP i'm so sorry...

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022

Honestly, I hate being alive, but I've been coming to terms with the fact that... it's not worth it to turn into a vegetable. Like, if you're going to suicide, there is a range of damage from reparable to irreparable to so irreparable you have to die. If you're stuck in "irreparable," you can be stuck in a way worse position. I'm not trying to be pro-life, by the way. It's just something I've been pondering. Looking at people who live with gunshot wounds or disabilities are so soul-crushing. I'm an able-bodied, physically-healthy person, and my life is already unbearable.

Mizu

Mizu

Mar 17, 2024
I'm so sorry that she would say such horrible things to your face no less, one can hope it was cause she was angry and in the heat of the moment but that does not make it ok by any means. You have our prays.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024

My mom said this several times years ago before I cut her off and went no contact. Your mother has mental issues or an abusive nature. Ignore it, but tell others you know including family about it so it's known.

Her saying this to you should be known. It's evil. She knows what she's saying is evil.

If something happens to you let it be known since she's likely talking smack about you and will smear you. No normal mom says that to their kids. Evil narcissist most likely.

Last edited:
M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
That's terrible! How dare she say these sorts of things and try to make you feel worse. I suggest next time if she says it again, you tell her if she didn't have you in the first place maybe all this could've been avoided. I know it sounds disrespectful but respect goes both ways!
What a stupid bitch

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm sorry for what she said to you. Things like this are why I never plan on telling my parents about me wanting to be dead as I have a feeling they'll just say stuff like this. It's absolutely awful to hear things like this from your own parents

Reactions: sserafim
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Well, at least you don't have to feel guiltly about doing it then.

The world is different now, and your mother's generation doesn't get it. I'm 44, so I'm probably right on the borderline of your generation and hers. I think I've seen and experienced both sides enough to know that it's not as easy to just getup and make something of yourself these days. Economics are different, society keeps getting more and more messed up.

I think it's only a matter of time before the world becomes so intolerable that they will finally legalize assisted suicide in all countries. I just can't see how anyone can be forced to live in this shit. It's crumbling.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024

I'm sorry.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
My mom has told me to kill myself as well. She said that I don't actually want to die because I haven't died yet, and that I'm just lazy.
Honestly, I hate being alive, but I've been coming to terms with the fact that... it's not worth it to turn into a vegetable. Like, if you're going to suicide, there is a range of damage from reparable to irreparable to so irreparable you have to die. If you're stuck in "irreparable," you can be stuck in a way worse position. I'm not trying to be pro-life, by the way. It's just something I've been pondering. Looking at people who live with gunshot wounds or disabilities are so soul-crushing. I'm an able-bodied, physically-healthy person, and my life is already unbearable.
This, but I have ASD lol, so I'm not exactly able-bodied. I don't want to fuck myself up

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Camper
GoldLeafIndigo

GoldLeafIndigo

It's Just The End Of Something
Jan 20, 2022

That is cruel and deeply, horribly abusive. If for no other reason, living with a person, especially close family member who speaks to you like that would make a person suicidal. She is completely thinking of herself and how she looks to the world, and not about you.