• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
My mother and yours must be twins
It's understandable that she doesn't want to support you forever. You are an adult, and at some point you become responsible for supporting yourself. She could - and should - have expressed herself better, but perhaps she was just feeling frustrated.
I think you have to face the fact that at some point you must either accept adult responsibilities, or take the other route. The choice is yours. You won't be able to put off that choice forever, and judging from how your mother seems to be feeling you may not be able to put it off much longer.
I have already suggested what I think is your best way forward. Get out into the world for a year or so, and see how it goes. If it's a success, that's great. If it's a disaster, you can choose to ctb at the end of it, knowing that you tried your best to make life succeed.
Why are you telling her that she should ctb if it doesn't go well. Some ppl have to try many jobs before finding out one that's tolerable
Why can't you fully understand my feelings? The whole point of me wanting to ctb is to escape having to work for a living. I'm a NEET right now, and it's a chill existence. I basically do nothing all day, and I enjoy it. I have no responsibilities or obligations except for chores. My mom says that this "isn't enough", and that I should and need to do more, but I don't care.

However, I have the threat of being cast out and forced to survive on my own. My mom intimidates and threatens me with this. She wants me to apply for the autism program. If I don't apply for it, then she'll stop supporting me and I'll have to be on my own. I'm basically forced into this against my will; it's like a carte blanche
What of you try working part time, would that be enough for her?

Last edited:
letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Barbiturate Summer :p
Nov 11, 2023
I'm ready whenever you are. How has it made your life better?

I don't think that my life will be ever worth living. Life under capitalism is not worth living. It's not a life if you have to work just to survive. You're not living; you're just surviving. I want no part in this exploitative system or society. I want out

The only reason why she had children was a retirement plan as well as a trophy to show off to others. She wants *me* to take care of and provide for her when she gets old. Asian parents and culture (especially Chinese) basically view children as slaves and servants to their parents as well as show ponies to brag about. Asian parents live through the successes and achievements of their children (because they have no life lol).

Life is a cancer. I would also have chosen to be aborted. I never wanted to live anyways. I was brought into existence without a say in the matter. It's not fair
Also,,,, you mentioned you LIKED being a NEET. If you could safely be a NEET and never worry
I don't care about material pleasures

By the way, my uncle just called me due to the earthquake lol and asked me why I don't go live in our country house. Maybe I should go there and have some time away from my mom.

My mom said that "true/actually disabled people want and would accept help" and that I'm "not disabled, just lazy". I was clinically diagnosed with Asperger's aka autism level 1, ADHD and social anxiety, so I *am* disabled, although I don't like to call myself this.
yeah the earthquake was wild ! We got the day off work early. Glad to see you're okay. Maybe going to your uncle's place will help.

You also mentioned being a NEET and enjoying it. Hypothetically, if you were in a situation where you could be a NEET who never has to worry about bills / food / any other expenses, would you still want to ctb?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Also,,,, you mentioned you LIKED being a NEET. If you could safely be a NEET and never worry

yeah the earthquake was wild ! We got the day off work early. Glad to see you're okay. Maybe going to your uncle's place will help.

You also mentioned being a NEET and enjoying it. Hypothetically, if you were in a situation where you could be a NEET who never has to worry about bills / food / any other expenses, would you still want to ctb?
He suggested that I go live in my country house lol. I don't want to live past 25 so I would still ctb if I knew I was going to be successful

• Love
Reactions: JKFleck
karmaisabitch

karmaisabitch

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
My mom called me a cancer. She said that I was like a tumor growing on her. She says that she's trying to help me, and that if I don't want to accept her help, then I should just "disappear". I told her that life itself is like a cancer to me. She rebuffed this by saying that I'm *her* cancer
I'm so sorry that you're hearing this from the person you should trust the most, your mom. You are not a cancer from reading your posts I know you're a beautiful person.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I guess so

I'm scared of being independent though. I don't want to be on my own. By the way, a while back, my mom said that I should go to live in our other apartment (which is empty, no one lives there) to learn independent living and how to be self-sufficient. I should have taken her up on that offer. It's much better than going to a group home (which is what my psychiatrist suggested)
You won't be alone if you get a partner, which you eventually will. Having a boyfriend (or girlfriend, if you prefer) makes a big difference to most people's life.
Also, if you get a job the personal contact with people at work will mitigate some of the loneliness (though it's not as good as having a partner).
Is the offer still open? If it is, I suggest you grab it. You could transition to independent living gradually if that would make it easier, e.g. for a while live there 3 or 4 days a week and return to your parents home the rest of the week, or something like that.
It's OK to be scared. Do it anyway.
No, there's no type of employment that I would tolerate. Work is modern day slavery, and I want no part in it. People don't like me comparing it to slavery though, but the truth is that you have to work and labor to survive (if you don't ctb before you have to). There's a reason why Human Resources is called "resources": because people are just human capital. At the end of the day, "we're all whores, we just sell different parts of ourselves."
You don't know what you are talking about, for the obvious reason that you have never had a job. It's foolish to express a strong opinion on something you know nothing about. If you were to work at something for a while and then offer me the opinion you have just stated I would at least be able to take your views seriously (whether or not I agreed with them), but at present I just can't.
My mother and yours must be twins

Why are you telling her that she should ctb if it doesn't go well. Some ppl have to try many jobs before finding out one that's tolerable

What of you try working part time, would that be enough for her?
"Why are you telling her that she should ctb if it doesn't go well." I didn't. Try reading what I actually wrote.

Last edited:
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
My mom called me a cancer. She said that I was like a tumor growing on her. She says that she's trying to help me, and that if I don't want to accept her help, then I should just "disappear". I told her that life itself is like a cancer to me. She rebuffed this by saying that I'm *her* cancer
That sounds terrible .
What happened , why is she behaving like that ?

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Your mum seems to be quite the fellow human lol:

- strangles you asking her husband to add more pressure to your neck
- praises your sister and gas lights you
- says you are a cancer

I don't want to be that person and I don't believe in karma but she really needs cancer - will shut her up fast. It's like someone going round saying "I wish you had cerebral palsy". I already know the world is fucked but when I see people here show their families true colours it kills me even more inside.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
That sounds terrible .
What happened , why is she behaving like that ?
Because I'm a NEET/hiki and refuse to be independent. I live off of her, and she doesn't like this. I don't have a job and she wants me to get one so that I can contribute. She doesn't like the fact that I'm doing nothing. She also wants me to be on my own someday (I feel like sometime soon)
Your mum seems to be quite the fellow human lol:

- strangles you asking her husband to add more pressure to your neck
- praises your sister and gas lights you
- says you are a cancer

I don't want to be that person and I don't believe in karma but she really needs cancer - will shut her up fast. It's like someone going round saying "I wish you had cerebral palsy". I already know the world is fucked but when I see people here show their families true colours it kills me even more inside.
She's not that bad; my dad is worse. My dad started strangling me first and then she joined in. I guess she's an enabler of abuse. Other Asian parents are much worse. I've read r/AsianParentStories and my parents seem good in comparison

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: MeltingBrain
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
No, I don't think we have. The weird thing is that she'd be okay with me dying though. She said that she would give me money for VAD/MAiD, and that I don't actually want to die, I'm just lazy (because I haven't ctb yet). I told her that dying was hard and she said that everything is hard. She said that if I actually want to die, then I should just go die. She wants me to get off of her back because she doesn't want to support me forever. She says that she can't imagine the rest of her life like this (me living off of her)

I went away for college, but apart from that, I've always been with my mom. I've also lived with my relatives in China for one summer. It was just me with them, my mom and sister didn't go. I've also gone on hiking trips because of this program (DofE aka International Award) and did a cooking program in England, but it was only for like a week lol
You came to this island hell hole for a week? Suprised you weren't stabbed up by the "roadmans" with their Rambo knife's lol. London especially is a shit hole (I know, I'm here unfortunately).

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You came to this island hell hole for a week? Suprised you weren't stabbed up by the "roadmans" with their Rambo knife's lol. London especially is a shit hole (I know, I'm here unfortunately).
Lol I've been to the "island hell hole" several times. I've been to England, Scotland and Wales. I like London though

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Because I'm a NEET/hiki and refuse to be independent. I live off of her, and she doesn't like this. I don't have a job and she wants me to get one so that I can contribute. She doesn't like the fact that I'm doing nothing. She also wants me to be on my own someday (I feel like sometime soon)

She's not that bad; my dad is worse. My dad started strangling me first and then she joined in. Other Asian parents are also much worse. I've read r/AsianParentStories and my parents seem good in comparison
From the other stuff you posted they are both bad. It's not a gray area. "She's not that bad" - she called you cancer, she joined in with strangling and said all the rubbish about your sister.

The fact that you have another flat is great. Want to sell it and buy a flat in Spain? Meet half way lol. You've got family money but they are the absolute worst. My parents are ok at the moment but just one flat in Italy but it's dead over there. Just staying for my dog at the moment. Raised her as a puppy so not going anywhere for the time being.
Lol I've been to the "island hell hole" several times. I've been to England, Scotland and Wales. I like London though
That always seems to be the case - if you visit London is "nice". If you live her…. The haven't seen the horrors. Those 4 knife robberies I had? North London. Yeah you see the lights and cameras but it's a cess pool.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
From the other stuff you posted they are both bad. It's not a gray area. "She's not that bad" - she called you cancer, she joined in with strangling and said all the rubbish about your sister.

The fact that you have another flat is great. Want to sell it and buy a flat in Spain? Meet half way lol. You've got family money but they are the absolute worst. My parents are ok at the moment but just one flat in Italy but it's dead over there. Just staying for my dog at the moment. Raised her as a puppy so not going anywhere for the time being.

That always seems to be the case - if you visit London is "nice". If you live her…. The haven't seen the horrors. Those 4 knife robberies I had? North London. Yeah you see the lights and cameras but it's a cess pool.
All Asian parents are like that. Asian culture is inherently abusive. All kinds of abuse are normalized and downplayed. Compared to other Asian parents, my parents aren't actually that bad. It's not my apartment lol. It's my mom's. I couldn't even sell it if I wanted to

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: JKFleck and Proteus
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
All Asian parents are like that. Asian culture is inherently abusive. All kinds of abuse are normalized and downplayed. Compared to other Asian parents, my parents aren't that bad. It's not my apartment lol; it's my mom's
Yeah it's ironic that your boomer/gen X parents are hoarding the wealth and just keep the flat empty lol. That's what they are all like. Why doesn't she just sell it and take some SKZ drugs and have a good time? What else is it for? lol. Backward land and everyone is in their own little bubble.

• Yay!
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah it's ironic that your boomer/gen X parents are hoarding the wealth and just keep the flat empty lol. That's what they are all like. Why doesn't she just sell it and take some SKZ drugs and have a good time? What else is it for? lol. Backward land and everyone is in their own little bubble.
Lol I don't make the decisions. Btw what do you mean by "backward land and everyone is in their own little bubble"?

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Lol I don't make the decisions. Btw what do you mean by "backward land and everyone is in their own little bubble"?
I mean most people are living in "backwards land" normies, parents, neurotypicals, etc. you say something and they call you the DEVIL. lol. You know what I mean. It's there bubble and it's not going to be burst by anyone.

Cypher from the Matrix wanting to be plugged back in because he doesn't want to the truth - he wants the "ignorance is bliss".
Maybe she meant Cancer the Crab.

View attachment 134524
🤣

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
A lot of what you described sounds very similar to what I had been dealing with—an incredibly toxic relationship with my own mother, being an adult but still living under their roof because I hadn't been able to work due to my mental health (living as a hikikomori). She got so frustrated and wanted me out of the house as well because she felt that I was being lazy, her constantly complaining to other family members that she couldn't stand living with me any longer. Like you, I'm afraid of living on my own because I never learned anything related to living independently and don't know who to learn it from (I guess my option would be to google everything)...

At one point I stopped caring because I was certain that I was going to CTB and felt at peace, enjoying what I thought were my last days, ordering a crap load of junk food (oreos, pringles, malt balls, cakes, etc.) secretly through Instacart with whatever savings I had left from my previous job that only lasted a couple months so that I could enjoy the taste (we had very strict diet where no junk foods were allowed which I guess where my craving came from) while I watched YouTube videos and dramas online. After I realized that I couldn't go through with CTB, my heart plummeted and I was staring at a bleak future of myself living out on the streets, because I wasn't able to get SSDI, which would've been my next hope of just living off of minimal income without having to work.

Because I know that I don't have the courage to CTB (honestly so envious of everyone who's been successful and at peace now), I felt I had no other options but to find work for myself. Spent a ton of time looking through job searching sites to see if I could find any positions nearby that seem somewhat tolerable... and I think reading WebToon comics and watching dramas that involved the main characters balancing their work and life (or any characters that lived a relatable life) gave me somewhat of a motivation to want to try living like them... but anyway, I found a job that I thought I would find somewhat fitting to my taste—spent a lot of time editing my resume and cover letter through Canva (to make it look nice) and applied hoping that they won't ask for references or about my multiple long gap years between jobs. I learned as much as I could about their company, faked my confidence during the interview, and miraculously they didn't ask about my gap years or for references so I thought I had to take this opportunity whether I wanted to or not because my next job options might not be so lenient.

I now work, the oldest of the team members working there, so it's kind of embarrassing because all the younger ones are saying that this job is not worth staying long-term and that they're all going to move onto something better while my plan is to stay here for as long as I can... I only work part-time, but it's looking like it's going to become full-time soon, as team members are quitting for the above reason. The job itself is actually not as great as I thought it would be, which was really disappointing, but again, I feel like at this time I don't have much of a choice anymore. I'm going to have to endure through all my stupid mistakes, embarrassments, and just looking like a plain noob in front of important customers for a while until I get better or until I decide I can't do it any longer. But I do feel a spark of gladness when I'm able to do even simple gestures of kindness toward customers (like opening the door for them) and hearing them thanking me, or if I have a short, but pleasant exchange with a coworker from a different department.

Still living under parent's roof because rent is impossible around here (not to mention idk if or how long I'll be staying at this job... it'll really depend on my performance and stress tolerance), but now my mother's all calmed down because I'm trying, and she's asking me all sorts of questions regarding my work out of curiosity, which sounds cute, but actually annoys me because I still remember her as the person who wanted to get rid of me when I was at my worst. I came to the conclusion that my mother and I were just not meant to have any kind of special relationship, so aside from important questions that's replied with brief answers, I don't exchange any small talk or conversations with her. I live my life and she lives hers, nosing into other people's business instead. She's still keeping track of every item that I purchase for myself though, which is annoying. If rent was more affordable or if I was paid more, I'd definitely move out in a heartbeat. I wish I at least had an opportunity like yours, where you can live in a separate flat, even if it's still owned by your mother, or the country house. Sounds nice to me anyway :) hang in there, sending you a virtual hug and a pat on the back.

TL;DR—Experienced/experiencing similar situation. Considered CTB, couldn't go through with it. Made effort to find a job even though it ended up not being enjoyable. Still live with parents, but they calmed down because I'm trying. Relationship with mother is unsalvageable IMO. I'm living my life, ignoring her attempts to nose into my life, and she's living hers, even under the same roof. Hoping to save enough to move out eventually, but I can't see that happening anytime soon with rent prices here...

Sorry for the novel, I guess I had a lot to get off my chest too :pfff:

* after rereading my post, it might come across to some readers that I was indeed just lazy because I was eventually able to get a job—this was the result of desperation after realizing that I'm stuck on this Earth with no way out. It's really a f*** everything attitude and throwing myself out into the middle of the ocean (out of comfort zone) to avoid future homelessness. In no way was I in a condition where I was able to work or socialize just a couple of weeks ago. I guess this is SI kicking in for me. So yeah, it's a HUGE change and I dread the thought of going back to work the next several days ;-;🙏⚰️😴

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
My dad started strangling me first and then she joined in. I guess she's an enabler of abuse. Other Asian parents are much worse. I've read r/AsianParentStories and my parents seem good in comparison
Unacceptable. I don't care about culture. My SO's Asian parents physically disciplined her as a child, but they've since apologized and admitted it was wrong. There's enough evidence now to know not to do it. That just breaks my heart, because it's no wonder you're struggling so much with those memories.

I really think you need to try getting out of there, even if you lose your hikki freedom. I'm rooting for you either way.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
It's understandable that she doesn't want to support you forever. You are an adult, and at some point you become responsible for supporting yourself. She could - and should - have expressed herself better, but perhaps she was just feeling frustrated.
I think you have to face the fact that at some point you must either accept adult responsibilities, or take the other route. The choice is yours. You won't be able to put off that choice forever, and judging from how your mother seems to be feeling you may not be able to put it off much longer.
I have already suggested what I think is your best way forward. Get out into the world for a year or so, and see how it goes. If it's a success, that's great. If it's a disaster, you can choose to ctb at the end of it, knowing that you tried your best to make life succeed.

Even when I was a natalist I would tell myself 'children only if im rich' because I wanted them to have enough money to live without having to deal with these 'adult responsibilities'( in other words, 'slavery')

Lynx.

Lynx.

Sep 28, 2022
Even something as basic parental love comes with conditions and expectations, it seems.

We didn't ask to be here. And I hate being forced to take part in this play - to pretend that this game can be won and that there is something to strive for. Sure, there are decent and beautiful things on this earth, I suppose, but they always seem too out of reach, and even if by any chance you stumble upon one of these beautiful things, it is only a matter of time before it all crumbles down anyways.

It must be awful to hear those words from your own mother, I'm sorry you have to go through that. A parent should be loving and caring, providing a safe space for their children, without imposing expectations. Unfortunately, most parents aren't like that at all...

Whoops, mom, you want me to be a productive member of society? Sorry, best I can do is not kill myself right now. I'm so sorry that I suffer from things like autism, adhd and OCD, which leave me so far removed from most people and society. I'm sorry that I cannot fit anywhere, not in a classroom nor a workplace. I'm sorry that I'm a neet, because slowly rotting in my bedroom somehow seems better than dealing with this world.

Life is a cheat. When it comes to parents, at least mine, it feels like they gifted me a puzzle with missing pieces and then expected me to fill it magically by myself.

It's so exhausting to search for the missing pieces, because everyone pretends that you should already have those pieces of the life puzzle by default, when I fucking don't, or if I have them, they don't fit as well as everyone else's. And even if I did have the pieces, the puzzle (life) is broken and absurd by default, so what's the use anyways?

Your mother should know better. You should have a caring and understanding environment, no matter what.

M

malevolentdiety

Mar 16, 2024
It's just annoying because she says that I'm a burden on her back yet she's the one who brought me into existence. I never even wanted to exist at all. I'm in this world purely due to her selfish reasons

She wants me to go to these autism career support services and to get a job and eventually become independent. She says that I'm not her responsibility anymore, and that she has no legal obligation or responsibility to continue taking care of me. She wants me to be on my own someday, probably sometime soon
My mom kicked me out at 27. I think you should follow her advice and become financially independent so you don't have to take s*** anymore from her or anybody else. Now that I am on my own I don't take s*** from any of my family I don't talk to any of those f****** assholes. My sisters are the evil ones I f****** hate them.

tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
My mom kicked me out at 27. I think you should follow her advice and become financially independent so you don't have to take s*** anymore from her or anybody else. Now that I am on my own I don't take s*** from any of my family I don't talk to any of those f****** assholes. My sisters are the evil ones I f****** hate them.
I totally agree, finding a job away from this sh*t gave me some fresh air to breath as well. Now, due to bad life choices and crazy rents and general crisis and anger in society, I'm stuck again in this life.
And what's the best part of it? I live in an ignorant city, in a place i would never choose to live in ever, with an ignorant father that has the fu***** opposite character to mine and preach all his nonsense ALL DAY, EVERY FUC**** SINGLE DAY. The funny thing is that it was him to indirectly put me in this mess of a situation and make a lot of other irremediable mistakes. I hate this life, I'm really glad that i found this forum, this community, it did not only help me to find resources for my method, but also to feel not alone in this mess of a life.

TBF, I'm not that bad, I'm a nice guy after all, both in appearances and ways, but I didn't totally heal from my trauma and I always get in touch with ppl who increase my problems. I knew what I had to do, but it is too late now, the trauma caught me when i had to make the right decisions for my life to escape from this hell, I was depressed at the time and I only wanted to protect my soul and mind from others... I'm scre**, but SN give me strength, an easy way out.

I'm stuck in the same fucking circle, that probably was created from my own mind to protect myself, over and over again. I'm getting tired of it. Last 6 or 7 years passed really fast and I'm almost grateful about it.

• Informative