• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I found out about MHTFR mutation which cause lower B vitamin absorption and thus deficiency. Group B vitamins cause lower production of neurotransmitters and can cause mental illness. Read more in sources:

My family from side of mother as well as me has history of adhd or depression. My mother also has deficiency of B vitamins and has to supplement folic acid. My grandfather, from side of mother had cardiovascular disease.
I have been diagnosed with depression and ADD in childhood. It makes me suspect I might carry these gene. I mind you this gene is common in 10% of population, so It is not that uncommon. Also You have higher chance and worse symptoms if both of your parents carry same gene mutation.

Treatment: Watch resources. Folic acid won't work, neither does synthetic vitamin B. Only methylated version will work. Please visit r/MTHFR subreddit and read articles.

Last edited:
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I asked a fellow neurobiologist to look into this
She said that it only really affects blood clotting factors, like during childbirth or serious trauma
But that can be corrected with the correct use of supplements