• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
This is just a stupid thread I'm making to talk about a potential strategy for me. I feel like there's a possibility I'm just so incompetent and clumsy I'll never get my hands on a relatively peaceful way to exit (my SN was confiscated once) that it might be a good idea for me to emigrate to a country in the EU where euthanasia is legal for psychological reasons. I'm already in the EU so it wouldn't be too difficult. Maybe after I'm finished my degree or I could finish my first year then transfer to a uni in one of these countries. I've heard stuff that the waiting times can be long as they have to try everything possible to cure you but if I can't do it sooner I might as well move. I know this is ridiculous, just a thought I had, and again, it wouldn't be incredibly difficult to do, so even if it amounts to nothing it's not like there's anything to lose. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I think Belgium allows euthanasia for depression. But it's a complicated process.
First step : your psychiatrist must agree. Let's say 10% of them agree.
Second step : the jurisdiction must agree. Factually, 25% are accepted for mental illnesses.

10% x 25% = 2,5%

I'm not sure OP wants to immigrate for that

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I concur with what the other users said. Getting approval for euthanasia is a long and tedious process, especially for those with mental illnesses. Even those with physical conditions have a lot of legal hoops to jump through before they get approval. I'm not saying the chance of getting approved is not possible, but rather difficult to do so given the laws in those countries.

wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
Did you check the websites of the relevant organisations e.g. in Switzerland already (many also available in english language)? Some also accept foreign persons and they describe the acceptance criteria (which are very strict). So find out yourself if you would have any chance at all - with or without moving.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Switzerland requires a letter from a psychiatrist saying you are completely sane. Not Belgium but you must be a citizen.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld and Amumu
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
The chances for mental health are slim to none. You have to find a psychiatrist who is willing to do euthanasia. Then you have to go through a long process to decide if you meet the requirements. Then they recommend you. Then it's up to the council or whatever to decide if they say yes or no.

Also will cost a lot of money for all the doctor visits, paperwork, housing, fees, and euthanasia process itself

Reactions: sadworld
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
The Netherlands and Belgium accept severe treatment-resistant mental illness cases. But it's a looooong process.

Last edited:
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
Seems like quite a time hassle and expense vs rolling the dice and getting N from A.. I think he's been more receptive lately.. that's the gist I'm getting