• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
Are there any movies in which the plot revolves around a protagonist who struggles to deal with the sudden and unexpected loss of the love of his (or her) life?

It's okay if the movie is in another language, as long as English sub-titles are available.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut
JinZhin

JinZhin

Student
Nov 2, 2021
Manchester By The Sea
It's a movie about grief, guilt and deep depression main character goes through after a great loss.

Doesn't really have a happy ending nor the very sad/tragic one, but it definitely stands out and I wish more people saw it.

I feel like you might want to check it out.

pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
Thank you, @JinZhin ! It sounds good, I'll watch it soon.

The ending is not very important to me, it's the struggle and pain of dealing with loss. So I'm fine with any ending, whether it is a positive one or culminates in the protagonist's suicide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JinZhin
pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
Thank you, @Dr Iron Arc ! A series is also fine, but I watched a couple of trailers and couldn't understand what was going on. Is this a sequel to something else?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Thank you, @Dr Iron Arc ! A series is also fine, but I watched a couple of trailers and couldn't understand what was going on. Is this a sequel to something else?
Ah, yeah I forgot. You kind of have to have seen at minimum Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame first and then there's a ton of other movies you'd have to see for THOSE movies to make sense. 😅

pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
Ah, yeah I forgot. You kind of have to have seen at minimum Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame first and then there's a ton of other movies you'd have to see for THOSE movies to make sense. 😅

Ah! So the characters in WandaVision are from those movies, which I haven't watched unfortunately. Nor have I read the comics on which they're based. Still, I'll watch an episode to see if it makes sense on its own.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Ah! So the characters in WandaVision are from those movies, which I haven't watched unfortunately. Nor have I read the comics on which they're based. Still, I'll watch an episode to see if it makes sense on its own.
No need to read the comics, but probably the movies are still important. They might do a good enough job of trying to recap important bits though.

Reactions: pikku.tiikeri
pikku.tiikeri

pikku.tiikeri

Apr 17, 2022
No need to read the comics, but probably the movies are still important. They might do a good enough job of trying to recap important bits though.

I've watched a few episodes and the series begins to make sense on its own, although the characters, their powers and their previous fates remain a mystery to me. 😅

This is exactly what the Japanese film Maborosi is about

Thank you, @StringPuppet ! I'll see where I can get this film with English sub-titles.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to bring up Godzilla Minus One. This little movie made me mad at how good it was when I watched it because I too have felt the shame of not killing myself when I should have. Last month when I saw it I even got really really close to recovery. I almost halted my plans altogether just because of how inspiring this was and how validated I felt. Fortunately recent events have me back on track and I definitely want to kill myself now but sadly it will have to be later than I expected all because of this one movie that deals with post WWII Japan.

T

TheDruBo

Orange, I guess.
Jan 25, 2024
Are there any movies in which the plot revolves around a protagonist who struggles to deal with the sudden and unexpected loss of the love of his (or her) life?

It's okay if the movie is in another language, as long as English sub-titles are available.

Thanks in advance!
"The Light at the Edge of the World" 1971. Kirk Douglas and Yul Brynner

Nori

Nori

Nori
Dec 23, 2023
Reign Over Me is an interesting one. It's Adam Sandler playing a man who lost his family on 9/11 and as a result reverts to a hikikomori lifestyle away from the world to try to cope- mainly playing Shadows of Colossus and redecorating his apartment over and over. He runs into an old college roommate that tries to help him. It is honestly such a slept on Sandler movie.