• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
What's the point of it all if at some point it will all be forgotten? Every song I've listened to, game I've played, movie I've watched, place I've been. Poof, no more "me" to have the memory of it and it's all gone. Everything is like a book that after you finish reading will be forgotten. So why bother living a full life at all?

Common rebuttals are:

You can make others happy, but then they will die as well, so everything you do for them will have been forgotten.

You can experience pleasure in the meantime which honestly I cannot accept. It literally would disgust me to think that the only purpose of life is just to pump dopamine into my stupid monkey brain which I didn't even want in the first place.

Related to this: note how 90% of what we call pleasure is just the absence of pain. Food, sex, sleep, etc is just satisfying a need. This means that not only we are given by nature a super-limited lifespan, but more than half of this we have to spend into satisfying biological needs, which just adds insult to injury to me.
The only pleasures worth pursuing are art and knowledge, but those, as I said, are going to be nullified by death.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Even if we were immortal, life would still be insignificant due to the fact that time would lose its value, because you have infinite amounts of it

offtoseethewizard

offtoseethewizard

Student
Aug 19, 2023
Excruciatingly ironic truth. That mortality would make one suicidal. Teeth grindingly frustrating

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Well what if, in theory, i created something that could sell to military purposes all with the goals of ending humanity. Would that appeal to anyone here? Is that a life in vain?

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
I can follow your thoughts: If I cannot get all (eternal life) I want nothing!

Or with other words: How can I enjoy life when it will end so soon? It´s like living in death row and waiting for my impending execution.

BUT, nature made us to champions in repression and self-deception: We are immortal, every day, except for the last one.

Another aspect: Suicide is not a big thing against the background of mortality. Imagine you can only be killed by decapitation, like Conner MacLeod. If you then use a guillotine to kill yourself would give suicide a completely different dimension.