• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Seriously, the way we are expected to live truly disgusts me. We work every day at jobs that we hate in order to maintain lives that suck.

I think, really, 8 hours in a 24 hour day leaves a lot of time, right? But an hour to get ready, and hour to get there, an hour to get back. That's 11 hours dedicated to just the shit job. 5x a week, that's 55 hours.

Then there's sleep. 8 hours a night for that (except on the nights you dedicate several hours of that to lying in bed writhing in agony over not being able to sleep and having to get up so fucking soon). 7x a week for that- there's another 56 hours.

Then there are chores. We'll skimp on kitchen hours and call it an hour a day to cook, eat, clean the kitchen. Boom, 7 hours a week. Probably what... 5 to run errands, 2 doing laundry, 3 for basic home maintenance... that's 17 hours for chores.

That's 128 hours in a week that don't fucking belong to you. And that's if you don't dedicate time to the gym or other optional shit that makes living more manageable. There are only 168 hours in a week, guys.

All this means that on an average week with no overtime or shit like moving, seeing a doctor, or going to the dmv; 40 hours are actually mine. So the first question is, why does my job get more of my time than I do? The time I DO get, I don't even enjoy, because I have to THINK ABOUT ALL OF THE REST OF THE TIME in order to prepare myself for it.

And then comes buying the shit to distract myself so I don't have to FEEL SO BAD ABOUT IT. The little treats that tell you "see, you're not doing all of this for nothing." You know the ones. The material things that actually make you more fucking miserable than you were before? Yeah. And aaalllllll this stuff we buy just extends the timeframe before retirement.

OH RETIREMENT. Thank god I did all that work, so I could lie in a recliner and piss myself, staying alive beyond the time of having a fully functioning brain or body, in order to appease the people around me for a little while longer. Enjoying the fruits of our labor? Yeah. Sure.

So basically thinking about building a little shanty and dropping off grid and dying early living a life I picked for myself instead of this godawful crap this world is trying to shove me into

Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
My work schedule is 2/2 for 12 hours. I work for 2 days, then I rest for 2 days, then I work for 2 days again, and so on.

I only sleep 2-3 hours before EACH work shift, because any job is stressful for me.

My head is always full of thoughts that I have huge money debts, because I do not have the strength to exist in this world, I often quit my job, and then I starve. And at the same time, my relatives are yelling at me

At night, I very often have night dreams about work, because I am constantly stressed

I do not know why this reality is so hellish.

And I don't have the strength to die.
Are we really slaves

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yep, modern life is absolutely garbage. I don't understand how most people glorify this shit. They're just okay with living in shitty conditions because "people had it worse back then". It's just baffling at how people act like this yet I'm the sick one for not wanting to participate in any of it

A

amra81nz

Mar 22, 2024
Yep, modern life is absolutely garbage. I don't understand how most people glorify this shit. They're just okay with living in shitty conditions because "people had it worse back then". It's just baffling at how people act like this yet I'm the sick one for not wanting to participate in any of it
I think those people are afraid to be different and do everything possible to be like everyone else and fit in

RosesFlourish

RosesFlourish

There’s a chance I could make it
Feb 16, 2024
Yep. I'm gonna try to retire as early as feasibly possible, even if it means retiring without the full amount of benefits. Wish me luck.

M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
Yep modern life is not living for most. I dont understand how people ever became ok with this or allowed it to happen. The world wasnt always this terrible.

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
We are just slaves for this crappy society.

People are shitty to each other, no one gives a fuck about anyone and if people see that they can get even some minimal benefit out of you, even if it means stepping on you, they will. True empathy is extremely rare.

For me without genuine love (not romantic) being alive feels meaningless. It's not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, you've pretty much covered the essence of what life is. Well, except for the "and call it an hour a day to cook, eat, clean the kitchen". I have no idea how you can cook, eat, and clean the kitchen in any one hour in a day. It takes me 2 hours, or more, just to cook my supper and cleanup the mess. Another 15-20 minutes spent eating the food per meal. I spend more like 3-4 hours a day preparing food for myself and cleaning up the dishes. This doesn't include the 2-3 hours of grocery shopping each week. Yup, that's life.