Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
In another thread this evening we read:

Suicide has gone up worldwide, and in my country N is primarily used.

This was offered as an explanation as to why someone dressed as Canadian Police (not Mounties) confiscated their N and took them for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation without any hearing or evidence or anything.

I'm a curious sort so I looked it up. Sure enough, even in Canada people aren't wealthy enough for N to be the most common method of suicide. It no doubt counts as "other poisons", which *are* popular among Canadian women, but hanging is still the way most Canadians choose to exit.

Any surprises for anybody?

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Nope. Along with guns, hanging is pretty popular. If my CO and tent fails, hanging is my 2nd option.

Reactions: Soul and IMALB
lastNamePicked

lastNamePicked

Apr 3, 2019
N being the PRIMARY method is ridiculously absurd. and that is supposed to be the statement of one of those police officers lol

Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Soul and IMALB
B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
What a stupid thing to report. No one has N here... I know lots of people who CTB and it's all hanging with The occasional firearm. And that's WITH our strict as heck firearms laws. It's easier to get one illegally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul and IMALB
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019

Some decades ago, our politicians bragged and promised to people, how our country will be the first in many aspects and categories. Well, the areas are all something else and not what promised, but I found another first, in the linked article. And the politicians just keep the grin you can not wash off with a fully loaded fire engine at full force.

Reactions: Going Home and Soul